Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314 LastLast
    The Voluptuous Diva 5 Star Poster TSMichelleAustin's Avatar

Default Re: Breaking Bad FINALE

Well SNL sucked ass... horrible writers. Only one good skit was the last one!!! But excited about finally tonight!!!

Default Re: Breaking Bad coming back on 8/11!

I know we're all super excited about tonite's finale. let's try to keep the comments here and not start a new thread for every nuance.
    you may not believe this but they're people who aren't interested in BB, as crazy as that sounds

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Walt has sexual reassignment surgery to hide his identity, but in fit of depression he calls the FBI and tells them how he can be found, then at the last second he changes his mind and disguises himself as a Rastafarian marijuana grower. As the show ends he disappears in a cloud of intoxicating smoke.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Over the last couple of weeks, I have somehow found the time to actually watch every episode of this show, save for the final episode, from start to finish. It really is amazing how they develop Walt as a character -- slowly stripping away each layer of humanity, one incident at a time, until there is nothing left but a hollowed out shell of the man who once was.

My two favorite quotes from the show:

1) "Got some big cow house way out that way, like two miles, but I don’t see nobody." - Jesse

2) "You clearly don’t know who you’re talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me? No! I am the one who knocks!" - Walter

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.

Asswhipper Veteran Poster VictoriaVeil's Avatar

Default Re: Breaking Bad FINALE

Quote Originally Posted by TSMichelleAustin View Post
    Well SNL sucked ass... horrible writers. Only one good skit was the last one!!! But excited about finally tonight!!!

I only watched Aaron's skits online. I'm in Season 2 of BB on netflix, so I'll be enjoying it for a while still.

AS for SNL, Its gonna be a rough year with so many new SNLplayers, b ut that is the tragicomedy of live late night tv.

Hey! Get off my lawn. 5 Star Poster Odelay's Avatar

I really liked the finale. Very satisfying. Tied up all the loose ends and in the end gave Walt a certain purpose, even in death. His end was even zen-like. I'm sure there will be some fans who will criticize or complain but you can't please everybody.

One thing I liked about the writing in regards to Walter White's character is that despite his brains and machinations, he never had certainty. The writers never gave him that. How many times did he step into very dangerous situations, and every time you saw fear in his face. He knew he couldn't control all of the variables. Other than his smarts, the only thing he really had going for him was that he was a man with cancer, a man with nothing to lose that he wasn't going to lose anyway. That was part of his recipe for beating his adversaries. They all clung to life despite their varying degrees of evilness. Walt didn't have that. He was ready to cash it in at any moment.

Good show.

LOVER OF BIG ASS Platinum Poster youngblood61's Avatar

Thought the finale was great. Loose ends tied up,and best of all Lidia and Todd got what was coming. Felt good for Jesse getting out alive,and after wanting Walt dead I found myself wanting him to win... again.

Walt was a bad guy but I rooted for him anyway. That's what made the show so special.

Professional Poster

A truly awful finale ... it sucked on so many levels that I cant believe it was made by the same people who made the rest of the series. Walt basically wins WTF?!? They tried to tie everything up in a nice neat little package. It was trite and frankly morally bankrupt.

0 out of 3 members liked this post.

Really loved the finale. My favourite moment is when Walt finally admitted that he did this all for himself. Skylar seemed relieved to hear that.