Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Gold Poster

Default Re: Best Boxing Round Ever !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny.Blaze View Post
    This was epic solely because tyson was KO'd. It was'nt really a brawl or anything that would define a "Great Round"
    I listed a round that was "great" only in the sense it was significant too. When you say great you mean good action and fighting. I agree with you.

I went back and watched Marciano Walcott round 13 and there was virtually no action at all until Marciano landed that unbelievable right hand. So, I have to concede it wasn't really a great round either, just a significant one historically.

Another good topic we could bring up is great knockouts....as well as knockouts when a fighter was losing. One of the most brutal KO's I've ever seen was Julian Jackson v. Herol Graham. If anyone hasn't seen Julian Jackson's knockout reel, I recommend it. He has my vote as one of the hardest punchers of all time. I don't mean to change the subject but I just wanted to add a cool video or two.

Gold Poster

Can't believe the ref didn't pull his mouthpiece right away and call it...they do that because when you're knocked cold you don't get as much oxygen... and if you don't get the mouthpiece out right away it's tough to get out.

Edit: LMAO that was Joe Cortez doing the counting. It figures;

Last edited by broncofan; 08-18-2013 at 08:43 PM.

This was epic solely because tyson was KO'd. It was'nt really a brawl or anything that would define a "Great Round"
    You're right there. Tyson seemed a bit off so maybe he didn't have a decent training camp.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Have you guys ever seen this one? Here you have the 2 last rounds of this one, but the last, the round 5, is definitely one of the greatest (and funniest) ever. Have a look at this...

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

In my opinion, Gatti / Ward, was the greatest boxing rivalry ever in the sport. Three separate times these two warriors battled eachother. And without a doubt, this round, was the greatest round ever fought in the history of boxing !!!
    I agree, Johnny. The Gatti-Ward trilogy will live on forever in boxing fan's memories.
    In terms of great rivalries, the old timers used to talk about Rocky Graziano-Tony Zale, of Willy Pep-Sandy Saddler. In my time, it's been more the Frazier-Ali trilogy (although imo, Norton is the real Ali nemesis). But we've had several more than memorable rivalries in the last decades. Another one that should be mentioned is definitely Israel Vasquez-Rafael Marquez. Here are the 3 first fights:

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

I am sorry but Corrales Castillo I has not only the greatest round (10), but perhaps the greatest turn around and is probably the best fight at the highest level ever, if not the last 20 years. It is what DeLaHoya - Trinidad or Toney - Jones should have been.