Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    She RoXXX! Professional Poster LilyRox's Avatar

Default Re: admirer bartering

Quote Originally Posted by robertlouis View Post
    Lily, may I say, irrelevantly, that the pic advertising your cam site is as cute as a basket of kittens?
    Aw thanks. I should be on tomorrow

Regulator Professional Poster JenniferParisHusband's Avatar

Victoria raises an interesting argument. If you are an admirerer, then truly rather than barter, one should consider patronage, and support of those they admire based upon a noble and platonic duty to support. There is already a form of a social contract, in that you as the admierer have already received the benefit of their beauty and grace. That said, if the only offer availble to the admierer is beauty and grace, then the patronage shouldn't be of too excessive of value.

However, if barter is involved, then there is a concept of "Like-Cost" which needs to be explored. For example, as a lawyer I bill at $250 an hour, its essentially like getting paid to fuck someone, but usually without the person paying me getting any pleasure. As such, if my hour is in demand, I would seek (if not ethically barred from doing so), something comparable of cost. There is also the added dynamic of market force on the value. As a lawyer, people usually come to me when they are truly and deeply in need of help, making that $250 per hour a small price to pay for my assistance. While I imagine Fancy is an excellent dance instructor, perhaps the market forces requiring dance instruction are not as dire as those of a lawyer. Thus reducing the value of the cost of instruction, thus requiring a discount in the cost, or number of sessions required to equal the desired outcome this instructor is seeking.

I think Fancy needs to reconsider the demand for dance instruction based upon his available supply of it as well. Perhaps there are other dance instructors willing to engage in this type of bartering, that too would not only raise the supply curve, but lower the demand curve, thus forcing his equilibrium price to be reduced.

While I'm thinking of it, dance instruction is probably only an inferior good, as opposed to sex, which is a nominal good (which seldom sees price fluctuations even in uncertain economic times.) This would cause sex to have a constant higher value even when dance instruction value is on the decline in market value, and would skew the equilibrium price more in favor of sex, than instruction.

There are also costs involved for Victoria which would need to be factored in. I'm going to ignore risk as a factor and stick with fixed costs, such as condoms, lubricant, makeup, wardrobe, water, soap and other cleaning materials for both before and after, and washing sheets and the like, I'm assuming there is a bed usage fee that would have to be factored in as the springs of the matress would take on additional depreciation from the usage. These would all need to be added to any valuation of the sex, and deducted from the market equilibrium price of the instruction. However, there could be a ballance of costs based on instruction materials... Can't think of any, but I don't know much about dance instruction. Sorry Fancy, you might need to hire me for a consult and negotiations.

Robert, perhaps you could help me chart this out. I think we need a graph to better explain this.

And then there's just paying for it. That seems to work best most of the time.

2 out of 3 members liked this post.
    Last edited by JenniferParisHusband; 07-31-2013 at 04:02 AM.
    Jus wookin puh nub.

Professional Poster lifeisfiction's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferParisHusband View Post
    Victoria raises an interesting argument. If you are an admirerer, then truly rather than barter, one should consider patronage, and support of those they admire based upon a noble and platonic duty to support. There is already a form of a social contract, in that you as the admierer have already received the benefit of their beauty and grace. That said, if the only offer availble to the admierer is beauty and grace, then the patronage shouldn't be of too excessive of value.

However, if barter is involved, then there is a concept of "Like-Cost" which needs to be explored. For example, as a lawyer I bill at $250 an hour, its essentially like getting paid to fuck someone, but usually without the person paying me getting any pleasure. As such, if my hour is in demand, I would seek (if not ethically barred from doing so), something comparable of cost. There is also the added dynamic of market force on the value. As a lawyer, people usually come to me when they are truly and deeply in need of help, making that $250 per hour a small price to pay for my assistance. While I imagine Fancy is an excellent dance instructor, perhaps the market forces requiring dance instruction are not as dire as those of a lawyer. Thus reducing the value of the cost of instruction, thus requiring a discount in the cost, or number of sessions required to equal the desired outcome this instructor is seeking.

I think Fancy needs to reconsider the demand for dance instruction based upon his available supply of it as well. Perhaps there are other dance instructors willing to engage in this type of bartering, that too would not only raise the supply curve, but lower the demand curve, thus forcing his equilibrium price to be reduced.

While I'm thinking of it, dance instruction is probably only an inferior good, as opposed to sex, which is a nominal good (which seldom sees price fluctuations even in uncertain economic times.) This would cause sex to have a constant higher value even when dance instruction value is on the decline in market value, and would skew the equilibrium price more in favor of sex, than instruction.

There are also costs involved for Victoria which would need to be factored in. I'm going to ignore risk as a factor and stick with fixed costs, such as condoms, lubricant, makeup, wardrobe, water, soap and other cleaning materials for both before and after, and washing sheets and the like, I'm assuming there is a bed usage fee that would have to be factored in as the springs of the matress would take on additional depreciation from the usage. These would all need to be added to any valuation of the sex, and deducted from the market equilibrium price of the instruction. However, there could be a ballance of costs based on instruction materials... Can't think of any, but I don't know much about dance instruction. Sorry Fancy, you might need to hire me for a consult and negotiations.

Robert, perhaps you could help me chart this out. I think we need a graph to better explain this.

And then there's just paying for it. That seems to work best most of the time.
    Just curious your charging to $250 and hour, do you mind if I ask what state(s) you practice and what area of law is your practice. Please don't take this the wrong way I am just curious, if you wish not to answer the questions that is absolutely fine

Quote Originally Posted by lifeisfiction View Post
    Just curious your charging to $250 and hour, do you mind if I ask what state(s) you practice and what area of law is your practice. Please don't take this the wrong way I am just curious, if you wish not to answer the questions that is absolutely fine
    Let me hit you with a private message for that.

Jus wookin puh nub.

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferParisHusband View Post

For example, as a lawyer I bill at $250 an hour, its essentially like getting paid to fuck someone, but usually without the person paying me getting any pleasure.

There you have it, ladies and gentlemen: the ethics of the legal profession in a single sentence. LMAO.

3 out of 4 members liked this post.
    But pleasures are like poppies spread
    You seize the flow'r, the bloom is shed

She RoXXX! Professional Poster LilyRox's Avatar

Secrets out. Arctic lawyers make $250 a hour.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by LilyRox View Post

Yeah, but the polar bears are notoriously hard to collect from.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    Jus wookin puh nub.

If he's working with Sarah Palin he deserves five times that much.

I'd take my chances with the bears first.

1 out of 2 members liked this post.
    But pleasures are like poppies spread
    You seize the flow'r, the bloom is shed

Funny enough, I've seen posts on CL where TS are offering to trade their "time and company" in return for stuff like fixing a broken computer or some home repair work. I'm sure they get quite a few replies.

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

Someone shining shoes to get laid from someone they don't know is cheap in my opinion. Sorry if I have high standards. Thanks for the dislikes
    Depends... if Imelda Marcos was offering sex in return for him cleaning ALL her shoes, it might be a fair deal. He'd be so exhausted .... Oh and i LIKED your remark

2 out of 2 members liked this post.