Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: admirer bartering

So you could actually afford an hour with jennifer paris!

That would be a lot of shoes to shine....!!

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferParisHusband View Post
    Victoria raises an interesting argument. If you are an admirerer, then truly rather than barter, one should consider patronage, and support of those they admire based upon a noble and platonic duty to support. There is already a form of a social contract, in that you as the admierer have already received the benefit of their beauty and grace. That said, if the only offer availble to the admierer is beauty and grace, then the patronage shouldn't be of too excessive of value.

However, if barter is involved, then there is a concept of "Like-Cost" which needs to be explored. For example, as a lawyer I bill at $250 an hour, its essentially like getting paid to fuck someone, but usually without the person paying me getting any pleasure. As such, if my hour is in demand, I would seek (if not ethically barred from doing so), something comparable of cost. There is also the added dynamic of market force on the value. As a lawyer, people usually come to me when they are truly and deeply in need of help, making that $250 per hour a small price to pay for my assistance. While I imagine Fancy is an excellent dance instructor, perhaps the market forces requiring dance instruction are not as dire as those of a lawyer. Thus reducing the value of the cost of instruction, thus requiring a discount in the cost, or number of sessions required to equal the desired outcome this instructor is seeking.

I think Fancy needs to reconsider the demand for dance instruction based upon his available supply of it as well. Perhaps there are other dance instructors willing to engage in this type of bartering, that too would not only raise the supply curve, but lower the demand curve, thus forcing his equilibrium price to be reduced.

While I'm thinking of it, dance instruction is probably only an inferior good, as opposed to sex, which is a nominal good (which seldom sees price fluctuations even in uncertain economic times.) This would cause sex to have a constant higher value even when dance instruction value is on the decline in market value, and would skew the equilibrium price more in favor of sex, than instruction.

There are also costs involved for Victoria which would need to be factored in. I'm going to ignore risk as a factor and stick with fixed costs, such as condoms, lubricant, makeup, wardrobe, water, soap and other cleaning materials for both before and after, and washing sheets and the like, I'm assuming there is a bed usage fee that would have to be factored in as the springs of the matress would take on additional depreciation from the usage. These would all need to be added to any valuation of the sex, and deducted from the market equilibrium price of the instruction. However, there could be a ballance of costs based on instruction materials... Can't think of any, but I don't know much about dance instruction. Sorry Fancy, you might need to hire me for a consult and negotiations.

Robert, perhaps you could help me chart this out. I think we need a graph to better explain this.

And then there's just paying for it. That seems to work best most of the time.

Fuck it....

Liberty harkness - would you like your camera cleaned in exchange for a quick roll in the hay?

GOD Emperor of Mankind Platinum Poster LibertyHarkness's Avatar

i would probably exchange sex for physical services that cost me alot of money .

A short list of things would be -

- Car Service
    - Painting Decoration/Building stuff (no i dont mean a crummy shelf) proper things like wall paper stripping, wallpapering, painting, laying flooring, fitting new bathroom etc
    - Tailoring , if someone was a bespoke clothes maker ,and wanted to make outfits etc in exchange for hankypanky

Pretty much that would be the time i would forfit actual cash , as i would be having to spend cash anyway on these ...

Fancy hmmmmm I have alot of cameras what about my telescope

Liberty Harkness
    "English Transsexual Model - Entertainer - Photographer "
    Twitter

Official Website

Tumblr
    My Webcam

Thanks libby!!! Finally an answer to the original question. Merely trying to see where talent, desire and supply align for the good of all parties.

Im afraid I do not know much about telescopes though