Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast

Default Re: LGBT lost in TRANSlation?

Quote Originally Posted by broncofan View Post
    It depends how you define identify. You are defining it in terms of creating an appearance to the outside world. If that were the case, then those with gender dysphoria at a young age do not identify as female gender-wise because they have not yet transitioned.
    No I'm not, it's your very essence. Which is what I apparently (not good enough) was alluding to when I described waking up and going to the store. I could be wearing clothes that would be typical for a guy with hair hidden and still would be considered a woman. I knew I was supposed to be a girl from 6 or 7, but didn't learn that there was something different about me wanting that until around 10 when I first went to therapy for it. The therapist not knowing a whit about transsexualism didn't explain transsexualism to me, so it wasn't until later that I learned that "hey, there is something that I can do about the way I'm feeling, I don't have to live my life as a male, I can actually transition to female" Once I did I didn't look back.

If he gave the opposite answer would that change your conclusion? What you are talking about is a particular character rather than an inherent one I think.
    No, this is the case for just about all CD/TV. Are you suggesting that there are CD/TV that live 24/7 as female but still identify as male? If he said he felt like he was born in the wrong body and felt he needed to transition than I would consider him transsexual, otherwise he is just CD/TV enjoying wearing the clothes when the mood suits him. In and of itself, my belief is toward CD/TV is whatever makes you happy, but don't consider your struggle to be the same as mine.

1 out of 2 members liked this post.
    Grooby, Your My Hero!!!

www.tgirlbeauty.com
    www.blacktgirlsluts.com
    www.shemalebondagevideo.com

Positivity is Prosperity, Negativity is 360 and it comes back Eventually!

Bella Doll Platinum Poster BellaBellucci's Avatar

I think it does mean you thought you were a woman; that is in terms of your gender identification, and not in terms of biological sex. Gender dysphoria means that you identify as female/male when your sex is male/female.

We can split hairs over what's conscious and unconscious though. So you repressed the fact that you thought you were a woman and therefore you didn't really think you're a woman?
    One can't prove that their brain is female without outward presentation to that effect. The concept of self-identification is a total fucking cop-out. It means that anybody can claim to be anything. So no, I knew I was a woman inside, but I didn't just throw on a dress and a wig and force people into an awkward state of acquiescence. I did the work, legitimized my presentation and my feelings, and the authenticity of those actions is what allowed me to get to a place where the world can view me as I want to be seen.

I really don't understand why this is so difficult for you. I'm honestly running out of patience.

~BB~

0 out of 2 members liked this post.

Remy, I think we've both been clear, articulate, and even understanding as neither of us has claimed hatred for TV/CD people.

... but dawn breaks on marble head.

~BB~

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Remy757Photog View Post

No, this is the case for just about all CD/TV. If he said he felt like he was born in the wrong body and felt he needed to transition than I would consider him transsexual, otherwise he is just CD/TV enjoying wearing the clothes when the mood suits him. .
    Just about all? So you're conceding the point by saying that even if this individual was one of those rare cross-dressers who would answer the question in the opposite way, then you would consider that person transsexual. You sort of have to fix definitions because you're all over the map. If cross-dresser means someone who doesn't feel they were born in the wrong body, then you have just described someone who is excluded from the category of transsexual. If it means someone who dresses only temporarily as female then you have not, in which case your previous rhetorical question is kind of helpful.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBellucci View Post
    Remy, I think we've both been clear, articulate, and even understanding as neither of us has claimed hatred for TV/CD people.

... but dawn breaks on marble head.

~BB~
    Obviously someone can only disagree with you if they don't understand you.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Gray View Post
    One of these days I need to post a picture of me as a drag king just so I can make heads explode.

Yes, but you'd still be cute.

Sorry, Amy, you just can't help it.

0 out of 1 members liked this post.
    But pleasures are like poppies spread
    You seize the flow'r, the bloom is shed

Obviously someone can only disagree with you if they don't understand you.
    You're not arguing. You're searching for logical paradoxes so that you can play the gotcha game.

I'm not stupid. I've been around my share of these types of 'arguments.'

~BB~

*SMH* at some of these guys trying to argue about transsexuality with transsexuals.

*SMH* at the guys who secretly hope the former guys win their arguments so that they can feel less gay about getting fucked by that CD last week... as well as their lust for more. #youstillgay

~BB~

1 out of 3 members liked this post.

Just about all? So you're conceding the point by saying that even if this individual was one of those rare cross-dressers who would answer the question in the opposite way, then you would consider that person transsexual. You sort of have to fix definitions because you're all over the map. If cross-dresser means someone who doesn't feel they were born in the wrong body, then you have just described someone who is excluded from the category of transsexual. If it means someone who dresses only temporarily as female then you have not, in which case your previous rhetorical question is kind of helpful.
    I said that because in life there are always exceptions to the rule. Crossdresser is a person that wears the clothes of the opposite sex they identify as temporarily. TV is a person that attains sexual gratification by the simple process of wearing the clothes of the opposite gender. Neither of those CD or TV is anywhere near a transsexual. I'm not basing anything I'm saying off of a single individual.

Grooby, Your My Hero!!!

www.tgirlbeauty.com
    www.blacktgirlsluts.com
    www.shemalebondagevideo.com

Positivity is Prosperity, Negativity is 360 and it comes back Eventually!

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBellucci View Post
    *SMH* at some of these guys trying to argue about transsexuality with transsexuals.

~BB~
    Aha, that's what I was asking in my first question. This is an internal debate is it? Excuuuuse the hell out of me.