Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415
    give it big or go home Rookie Poster

Default Re: way to go racists

ok, well I have not read every post on here about this subject and I do not like racism when it is real, but however people deserve to have their freedom of speech. That being said, it is the same thing as taunting and bullying when it is happening. If you take offense to it, that gives it more power, and gives the bully more power. Now the word nigger, should not be offensive it is only peoples perspective that makes it offensive. The word Nigger which just refers to black people as a noun, from spanish and Portuguese languages, but they also got it from the latin for black which is niger, Which just stands for the color black, and is not a racist term in its own right, calling a black person a nigger is the same as calling a white person white. That being said, people abuse these words and are racist with them, I do not condone that, but you also are only giving them power by being offended by it, just laugh at them next time, cause all they are really calling you is black skinned

1 out of 3 members liked this post.

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

Default Re: way to go racists

Quote Originally Posted by marinevirgin View Post
    ok, well I have not read every post on here about this subject and I do not like racism when it is real, but however people deserve to have their freedom of speech. That being said, it is the same thing as taunting and bullying when it is happening. If you take offense to it, that gives it more power, and gives the bully more power. Now the word nigger, should not be offensive it is only peoples perspective that makes it offensive. The word Nigger which just refers to black people as a noun, from spanish and Portuguese languages, but they also got it from the latin for black which is niger, Which just stands for the color black, and is not a racist term in its own right, calling a black person a nigger is the same as calling a white person white. That being said, people abuse these words and are racist with them, I do not condone that, but you also are only giving them power by being offended by it, just laugh at them next time, cause all they are really calling you is black skinned
    Yadda yadda yadda Lenny Bruce. Probably should stay around and read some post and get the feel of the place before jumping in on this topic.