Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    GOD Emperor of Mankind Platinum Poster LibertyHarkness's Avatar

Default Libbys Hobby Thread - My Warhammer 40K Stuff

So as many people know I live eat sleep shit for warhammer 40k , its my favourite thing in the world

On a recent a thread of fav pics i posted a quick sketch drawing of a spacemarine for my chapter the Regulators ... Its a fan fiction story blog i am writing up that will have painted minatures, short stories and hand drawn artwork ...

So thought I may as well put up some of the pics I have drawn the last 2 days on here .. This is a thread purely for my warhammer 40k stuff and passion ...

If your not into warhammer 40k then I would move along now as you probably just wont get it

I have been into wh40k since I was about 10 .. so a good 25 years now , i remeber when it was first Rogue Trader and still have minatures from that era .. I dont really play the game anymore on the tabletop but I do enjoy modding minatures, painting, collectiong, and writing fan fiction short stories ... I would love to write/design for the actual company www.games-workshop.com but thats not going to happen

Anyway while I have been webcamming this week I have been sketching some rough drawings ... I havnt drawn in over 7 years so this is my first attempt at drawing again ... so again its very rough

Anyway thought I would share with you, I know Danpoetman asked me to share my personal info on this stuff ...

I spend most of non working life engrossed into warhammer 40k etc when not with the family/girlfriend as i dont drink,take drugs, party etc I prefer to geek out

SO I will add new pictures every couple of days to this thread and add some of my minatures as i paint up etc ...

If you want to add your own artwork/figures etc then post them here , always love seeing other stuff from fantasy /scifi etc ..

Kisses Libby xx

Pic 1 - Is my Battle Captain of the 3rd Company, from the Regulators Chapter

Pic 2 - is a Tactical Brother Marine of the 3rd Company, from the Regulators Chapter

Pic 3 - Is a Tactical Brother Marine of the 2nd Company, from the Regulators Chapter engaging Ork Boyz .

YES I AM A NERD/GEEK
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	regulatorsbattlecaptain3rdcompany.JPG 
Views:	1500 
Size:	220.0 KB 
ID:	602673   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	regulatorsconceptlineart1.jpg 
Views:	1494 
Size:	108.7 KB 
ID:	602674   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	regulatorspic2LHdrawing.JPG 
Views:	1500 
Size:	228.9 KB 
ID:	602675  

4 out of 4 members liked this post.
    Liberty Harkness
    "English Transsexual Model - Entertainer - Photographer "
    Twitter

Official Website

Tumblr
    My Webcam

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Default Re: Libbys Hobby Thread - My Warhammer 40K Stuff

It's exceptionally well drawn! Great sense of perspective; we have the feeling that the characters are almost coming out of the sheet of paper!
    I'm glad you're sharing this with us, Liberty! This all seems like a fascinating world!

Will you give us a general explanation on what it is about? Who are the marines fighting? What are the Regulators? And what is the creature coming at one of them?
    They obviously are on another world; are humans present everywhere in the galaxy or the universe, or does the action only take place on a few planets?

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

hmmm its very very long winded to explain as its histroy dates back to 30k bc , with a human called the Emperor (he is the reincarnated spirits of all shamans on earth that comiit suicide, so to be robron as 1 person with immense power) , that through out the ages has donned guises (relgious people etc) to guide humanity forward ... in short the emperor hides in the shadows for like 28millenia before taking control of things and abolishing all religion, replaces it with science and forward thinking, he creates 20 special sons . called primarchs from his own DNA and arcane powers that will become his generals in a "great Crusade" to reclaim the galaxy and unite all of the scattered colonies of humanity from the last 20,000 years etc ...

There is the the material universe what mortals live in, then there is the immaterium universe , aka called the Warp .. this allows space travel to distant places.. though in the warp there are powers that are Chaos ...all living things affect the warp beings .. thoughts, actions etc make things grow stronger in the warp ... the emperor forsees this and devises that for humanity to preval in the universe and be the dominant species he has to some how cut off the ties from humanity to feeding these beings in teh warp , that we shall call Chaos Gods ... he removes relgion and hides all existance to humanity of the warp really holds .. he replaces it with science, understanding etc , humanity prospers etc ..

Eventually though the chaos gods thwart his plans to create the primarchs to lead his armies ... and scatter their test tubes across the galaxy, the emperor goes on a rampage around the galaxy finding each lost son and giving them leader ship of their own space marine legion, which are enhanced humans molded with genetics, dna etc to become super human soldiers of sorts .. then a 250 year crusade kicks off and humanity pawns every one in the universe, bad humans, aliens etc ... eventaully his favouirte son Horus falls to corruption from a chaos cultist attack and strikes a deal with the 4 chaos gods to hand them the emperor in exchange he can rule the universe .. thus begins the Horus heresy for 7 years where basically half of humanity is destroyed, primarchs kill each other, the emperor is mortally wounded and kills his son horus ending the heresy . but in doing so he hemiself is entombed as a rotting carcuss on the golden throne to guide humanity from his sheer will alone .. jump 10k years forward to current setting warhammer 41k .. there is only war, humanity is all but spent .. there are 1000 chapters of spacemarines each number roiughly 1000 marines . there are trillions of imperical guard (basically modern marines from today) ....

it is a tale of darkness, death destruction and salvation ... there is stories throught out ... my chapters the Regulators are 1000 years old and built from original legions in the heresy .. they are located in a segmentum of space where they are protecthing vital forge worlds from pirate attacks from alien xenos and heretics .. while pushing forward to find more human worlds that are lost to the emperors touch ...

Hope that kind of makes sense lol its vast vast ...

In the picture that is a space Ork he is shooting , in the warhammer 40k universe the known main aliens are (ber in mind there is thousands of other aliens and mutant humans etc

Eldar (basically elfs in space)
    Orkz )basically orcs/goblins)
    Dark Eldar (kinky perverted elfs in space that are violent)
    Tyranids (an alien species not from our galaxy that are breaking and eating everything in its path, they are almost infinite in number)
    Necron - (basically millions of years old space skeletons that are awaking s the universe is full of life and war attracts them )
    Chaos/Daemons - basically beings from the warp.. also they have humans that turn to chaos and are mutated/twisted as blessing from their masters, the most powerful of these mortal chaos warriros are the Chaos Marines .. basically space marines that turn to chaos ..

I really could write essays on essays about the lore/histroy current its so so vast .. and also the company that owns it wants to people make their own stories set in the current setting ..wit htheir own chapters, armies etc .. but using the cannon lore as a basis ..

So my Regulators chapter , are basically a chapter of space marines numbering about 1000 that are on a desert world that resembles a modern Wild West .. they are like organised space cowboys of sorts .. bit rough, ready, brash and tinkering with stuff.. but fierce protective of humanity .. they currently are fighting on 4 worlds/sectors against orkz and dark eldar and a new species of alien that resemble rat like men that drift in space in wrecked hulks of space ships that are millenia old ..

Told you it was long winded lol Once my blogs are up , I will have short little stories that will flesh out bits of the chapter , where they sit in the univrse , and also how they interact with the other chaptrs i have made as well ) i have 2 other chapters called the Luna Eagles and the Star Judges

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    Liberty Harkness
    Twitter

Official Website

Tumblr
    My Webcam

Senior Member Platinum Poster

This is amazing, Libby! It's a whole world! Your explanations are great and thorough, yet I can feel reading it that there is much much more you could tell!
    This is something I love so much: when a work of art, a book, a game, plunges you in a world that is so complex it could almost rival the real world in complexity and fascination! I'm sure you can endlessly explore this world!

Libby, you're very talented and obviously very passionate about this! I want to see what's on your blog. When you start it, please make sure to let us know the address!

Member Rookie Poster

I have never really been into the models, I love the books however. You ever read the Horus Heresy? Or the Night lords series. Anything by Dan Abnett is also amazing, like Eisenhorn/Ravenor and the gaunts ghosts.

I have every Heresy title released at present and some audio books .. Just got the Ravener and esienhorn books ..

I buy lots of the books as often as i can .. i love it . you should look at some of the heresy stuff from Forgeworld about the armies etc .. its great ...

I am reading about different books at moment .. Grey knights Omnibus at moment and some Deathwatch, Kill Team books ... got a couple of little spacemarine battles books as well about the Celestial Lions and Black Templars

xx

Liberty Harkness
    Twitter

Official Website

Tumblr
    My Webcam

Member Rookie Poster

Is the black Templar book Helsreach? It is amazing!! Read it ASAP! The author also does the night lord books he does are also amazing. He also wrote an amazing grey knights book called 'the emperors gift' worth a read.

Also I have the forge world book 'betrayal'. I loved that.

Last edited by Anon101; 07-18-2013 at 03:32 AM.

I have that one as well The emperors Gift i have lots I download on my kindle from BlackLibrary hehe ..

Weill post another pic or 2 today

Liberty Harkness
    Twitter

Official Website

Tumblr
    My Webcam

Those are some great drawings Liberty

thanks corv xxx i will post a couple later on . i been doing some more sketcingh djust need to finish 2 off ..i will do that on webcam lol my gf finds it funny i draw while i cam lol

Liberty Harkness
    Twitter

Official Website

Tumblr
    My Webcam