Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Platinum Poster nysprod's Avatar

Default Re: The George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Travesty

The way the laws are written in Fla. now, you can follow someone you don't like, actually chase them down and confront them. even after you've spoken to a 911 dispatcher who's told you to do the exact opposite...and if then an altercation occurs and the pursuer kills the pursued, it's self defense.

So the thing that needs to be done is for the laws to be re-written because common sense should dictate that once you hunt down and confront, all bets regarding self defense should now be off.

Not that I think they're going to be changing these laws any time soon, or at least until a white guy, or a half-peruvian half white guy, is killed by a black man.

Trayvon Martin was dead as soon as George Zimmerman decided to hunt him down and confront him because if he would have killed George Zimmerman in the altercation, he would have been convicted and sent to jail for the rest of his life anyway.

So he had no chance.

2 out of 6 members liked this post.
    Last edited by nysprod; 07-15-2013 at 02:23 PM.
    Phone keys gum condoms lube...I don’t want to be normal.

LOVER OF BIG ASS Platinum Poster youngblood61's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nysprod View Post
    The way the laws are written in Fla. now, you can follow someone you don't like, actually chase them down and confront them. even after you've spoken to a 911 dispatcher who's told you to do the exact opposite...and if then an altercation occurs and the pursuer kills the pursued, it's self defense.

So the thing that needs to be done is for the laws to be re-written because common sense should dictate that once you hunt down and confront, all bets regarding self defense should now be off.

Not that I think they're going to be changing these laws any time soon, or at least until a white guy, or a half-peruvian half white guy, is killed by a black man.
    You said the magic word common sense. Do you think anybody in Fla. has that?

2 out of 3 members liked this post.

You can always depend on lawyers and politicians to write laws that defeat common sense...I mean, think about it from a common sense standpoint; how can you hunt down and confront a total stranger, get into an altercation with them that results in their death, and then win a not guilty verdict?

Only when politicians and lawyers have written the laws so as to allow that to happen.

And that's why I'd rather have a sister in a whore house than a brother who's a lawyer. Hell, I'd rather have a brother who's a transsexual prostitute working the streets than a sister who's a lawyer.

2 out of 6 members liked this post.
    Last edited by nysprod; 07-15-2013 at 02:47 PM.

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

I find myself in full agreement with NYSPROD's last few posts.

1 out of 8 members liked this post.

There at least is some hopeful news regarding the case...according to the NY Times, the Justice Department is presently determining if George Zimmerman can be prosecuted under federal hate crime laws, although it's far from certain that he can be.

So there now is some reason to feel positive, but we'll see.

0 out of 8 members liked this post.
    Last edited by nysprod; 07-15-2013 at 04:09 PM.

Senior Member Silver Poster

As much as I respect JenniferParis'Husband....some Prosecuting Attys must have seen something to put Zimmerman on trial, and the fact that it was a circus on every TV channel did come into play I think.

Here's my take, without the Police, and the Media, and six ladies in a jurybox.

An 8 year old black kid is allowed to run home crying with his tail between his legs, but a 17 year old is not. No way in Hell did Martin intend to kill Zimmerman, if Zimmerman had no gun, he would have ended up with a headache, and hopefully with an understanding that intimidating a guy in his own neighborhood who is doing absolutely nothing wrong is inviting trouble.

And if the jurybox had six males in their twenties, the Defense would have plead out to a lesser charge. On Day One.

0 out of 4 members liked this post.
    World Class Asshole

Silver Poster

yesterday in los angeles, people were protesting outside the cnn building because of the outcome of this case. so- why are people protesting 1 day later? and why to cnn? so they can be put on tv? if so- why then @ midnight?

2 out of 3 members liked this post.

Professional Poster runningdownthatdream's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nysprod View Post
    You can always depend on lawyers and politicians to write laws that defeat common sense...I mean, think about it from a common sense standpoint; how can you hunt down and confront a total stranger, get into an altercation with them that results in their death, and then win a not guilty verdict?

Only when politicians and lawyers have written the laws so as to allow that to happen.

And that's why I'd rather have a sister in a whore house than a brother who's a lawyer. Hell, I'd rather have a brother who's a transsexual prostitute working the streets than a sister who's a lawyer.

Indeed. And let's also remember that lawyers and judges all share the same background from an educational and institutional perspective. They think alike, share the same biases, prejudices, and are bigoted in the same ways. They can't help it - that's how they were trained. It's astounding the way seemingly irrelevant things in a persons' life will hold some significant meaning in a the courtroom. So you watch MMA? Well then you must have a violent nature - huge leaps of logic are taken with no factual evidence to support the conclusion and on this a conviction or acquittal is based.

Common sense is taken into account BUT the 'common sense' shared by those in the legal profession is different than the 'common sense' shared by those outside of it. It's amazing to watch the way judges and lawyers will deliberately work to influence the way the jury thinks and ultimately to get those jurors to throw away their common sense and replace it with lawyer-sense. So watching MMA becomes a negative trait, smoking weed becomes a negative trait, etc. Even though some of those jurors no doubt engage in those activities themselves!

0 out of 2 members liked this post.

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

I'm not reading through this thread as I'm sure it's brpought some of the dickwads our of the closet saying Martin got what he deserved.
    I'll leave it here for another 48-72 hrs to be debated and then moved to the politics section. My vacation is too precious to waste on this.

3 out of 4 members liked this post.

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

enjoy your hols seanchai

0 out of 1 members liked this post.