Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Platinum Poster nysprod's Avatar

Default Re: The George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Travesty

Quote Originally Posted by buttslinger View Post

As much as I respect JenniferParis'Husband....some Prosecuting Attys must have seen something to put Zimmerman on trial, and the fact that it was a circus on every TV channel did come into play I think.
    JenniferparisHusband is an asswipe...he could give a fuck that a 17 would never have been killed if George Zimmerman had not followed and confronted him. He's all about "look at me, I'm a lawyer, aren't I wonderful and smart?"

Prosecutors didn't want to bring a case against Zimmerman originally, obviously because they knew that as the laws were written, winning a conviction was next to impossible.

1 out of 7 members liked this post.
    Last edited by nysprod; 07-15-2013 at 05:32 PM.
    Phone keys gum condoms lube...I don’t want to be normal.

The court system aquitted him, he should be left alone, but no, Obama needs to stick his stupid face into it now. The lives of TWO people are not the direct concearn of the President. He has more pressing matters to attend to. Economy, terror, sending Jet fighters to Egypt that will fall into the wrong hands.

Whats more important, Zimmerman and his pistol or a jet fighter with missiles and bombs?

Oh, and Treyvon was a criminal up to no good, lets hope someone like him doesnt show up in your neighborhood....

3 out of 5 members liked this post.
    Last edited by runround04; 07-15-2013 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesoul View Post
    you've got it wrong. zimmerman wasn't following him. he was sitting in his car, noticed martin- martin noticed him, walked around then ran. zimmerman ran after him- was told not to do that, said "okay, i'll go back to the front and wait for the cops and tell them where he ran to" hang up and ran into martin.
    You believe Zimmerman's story. To me it makes no sense. The friend on the phone with Martin, had some key points. However the defense was able to distract from the essence of her testimony, by keeping her on the stand for hours, and making her angry, etc. Apparently there was some sort of verbal exchange between Martin and Zimmerman. Martin was under no duty to retreat, the stand your ground law really applied to him.

1 out of 3 members liked this post.

Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by runround04 View Post
    Whats more important, Zimmerman and his pistol or a jet fighter with missiles and bombs?
    hrm... is that a trick question?

All I have to say about this charade is that:

Thank Heavens for that in America we have a Justice System based on Jurisprudence, not founded on Ochlocracy.
    People who are mad about the ruling may consider other locations. Visiting few "gore" websites will surely leave them thankful that mobe rule is felonious and tenuous in the US and most of the West.

1 out of 2 members liked this post.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Junior Poster

I hope some one kills Zimmerboy

1 out of 8 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by runround04 View Post
    The court system aquitted him, he should be left alone, but no, Obama needs to stick his stupid face into it now. The lives of TWO people are not the direct concearn of the President. He has more pressing matters to attend to. Economy, terror, sending Jet fighters to Egypt that will fall into the wrong hands.

Oh, and Treyvon was a criminal up to no good, lets hope someone like him doesnt show up in your neighborhood....
    This is exactly why this case is important to me. I walk to the store at night often. it is my way of exercise. I am concerned that I could be identified as a potential criminal purely because of my race. I have a son, who is autistic. We are proud of him for being able to walk to the store and shop. Should we try to lock him up in the house, because he is Black?

And by the way, we have no idea of Zimmeramn's high school record, and aspects of his history were excluded, from trial evidence. Trayvon Martin was on trial, for being killed. Apparently, being black is evidence of some sort of crime.

1 out of 5 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by nysprod View Post
    The way the laws are written in Fla. now, you can follow someone you don't like, actually chase them down and confront them. even after you've spoken to a 911 dispatcher who's told you to do the exact opposite...and if then an altercation occurs and the pursuer kills the pursued, it's self defense.

So the thing that needs to be done is for the laws to be re-written because common sense should dictate that once you hunt down and confront, all bets regarding self defense should now be off.

Not that I think they're going to be changing these laws any time soon, or at least until a white guy, or a half-peruvian half white guy, is killed by a black man.

Trayvon Martin was dead as soon as George Zimmerman decided to hunt him down and confront him because if he would have killed George Zimmerman in the altercation, he would have been convicted and sent to jail for the rest of his life anyway.

So he had no chance.

Its not just Florida laws, the bigger issue is that most laws that are in place are not treating everyone equally and fairly.

2 out of 4 members liked this post.

Veteran Poster

A suggestion. Why not have juries made up of lawyers/attorneys who are knowledgeable about law instead of common folk who are in many instances ill-equipped, not nearly educated enough, or simply want to get back to their lives and jobs, to unravel all the testimony of a trial like this one. Too simple? Yeah, maybe. They would probably deadlock on every trial.

0 out of 1 members liked this post.