Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21262728293031
    Senior Member Platinum Poster

Default Re: TV Shows...What are you following?

Red Eye (ITVx 2024)
    Red Eye - Series 1 - Episode 1 - ITVX

So I got Red Eye binge watching every episode, and yet imagine the makers of this nonsense have red faces owing to the plot holes -not enough to fill the gaps in the Great Door of China, but still they mount up.

Drama overload has a plot and plots within plots featuring a Metropolitan police officer + MI5 + MI6 + CIA + Chinese Govt + Rogue actors + billion dollar nuclear power contract.

In episode 2 a main character is wearing glasses, which he loses, never needing glasses again.

He is a qualified doctor but drinks before he drives, hiring a car in Beijing which is uncharacteristically void of traffic when he is on the road.

Dead bodies left on a plane will, like all dead bodies, leak if the orifices are not plugged within a few hours of death, something airline companies might want to think about, not least because of the smell.

How easy it is for non-company staff to have access to every nook and cranny of an aeroplane I don't know.

I did not know that nobody is on 'British soil' until they have passed through immigration/passport control. So where are they?

How easy is it to get into the back garden of the Chinese Embassy in London? I suggest a wander around their building in Portland Place to find out -I used to work near there and it was not that accessible, mind you I never tried and I don't think the BBC would have protected me. Fun fact: I once saw legendary footballer Denis Law at a photo shoot on Portland Place, but was too timid to ask for a selfie.

In the end, the bad guys lose, and the good guys win. I hope I haven't spoiled it for anyone.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Default Re: TV Shows...What are you following?

The Responder, Series 1 (BBC, 2022)

The Real Cops of Liverpule...hard-boiled, foul-mouthed, on the front line of the 'war' on drugs. The main character in this first series is dealing with being demoted from Detective Inspector to the night patrol, he is mentally in anguish, and in therapy but can't express himself, and thinks his life and career is in ruins, insisting to a probationer cop whose boyfriend locks her in cupboards (but not for kinky reasons) that he was not demoted for corruption.

Major weakness: the solution is there from the start: resign, take the pension, and get a cushy job in 'security' -but then there wouldn't be this tedious rehash of all the usual tropes about the dirty end of the drugs business populated by off-their-rockers teens, scheming wives, mentally challenged hard men, and so on and so on. They even made a series 2, so tragically unoriginal is the state of tv these days.