Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Girl meeting parents/family first time

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Eldora View Post
    I did a trip with a Tgirl to a family resort. She was quite noticeable because she is tall. OK I see some things that give a clue, but I don't think anyone at the resort clocked her. This includes several extended talks between my friend and a housewife / mommy that was very much girl talk.

Man, where does one learn that, lots of fact and phrase traps.

I would think I would go with it without any warning.
    I agree.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Junior Poster

As an adult, i.e. after high school, you do not introduce your girlfriend to your parents unless the relationship is somewhat serious. The great likelihood is that if you both spend any time, like an afternoon or a full evening, with the parents they will identify her gender.

I would not ambush either the parents or the girlfriend. Tell them the situation before the meeting. Be ready to take the heat, if there is any, yourself. I am assuming you are revealing something about yourself for the first time. Let them deal with that before you have them push their feelings on someone you care about.

This is as much about revealing something new about yourself as it is about your girlfriend.

Just my opinion.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by MacShreach View Post
    I agree.
    I have been on numerous trips, including a high end cruise where there were couples or families with a trans-girl. On one trip, even though the girl was absolutely gorgeous, trust me she got "made". By many people. But everyone was polite, because it is not their business and I know of no one saying anything. That does not mean no one knew.

till we fucking overdose Gold Poster amberskyi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wjcdiver View Post
    I have been on numerous trips, including a high end cruise where there were couples or families with a trans-girl. On one trip, even though the girl was absolutely gorgeous, trust me she got "made". By many people. But everyone was polite, because it is not their business and I know of no one saying anything. That does not mean no one knew.
    If no one said anything than how did you know she was "made"

Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by amberskyi View Post
    If no one said anything than how did you know she was "made"
    i can answer that: people can tell. just because they don't make a big deal about it or announce it doesn't mean they don't notice. most of the times, they'll notice and just whisper or casually remark to one another but out of respect they're not going to make it obvious. also, a lot of people really don't care.

Member Rookie Poster

Most people do not care. Especially if you are in NY, LA, Bay Area, Chicago, Philadelphia, any major east coast or west coast city. Now if you live in Tennessee, Alabama, Arkansas, that is another story. Those places don't even like interracial marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Most people do not care. Especially if you are in NY, LA, Bay Area, Chicago, Philadelphia, any major east coast or west coast city. Now if you live in Tennessee, Alabama, Arkansas, that is another story. Those places don't even like interracial marriage.
    I live in southern Virginia and go to Nashville regularly.I've never had any problems at all.sometimes you guys have a tendency to dramatize the social stigma you think we girls face.
    I'm sure not everyone is ts friendly but I've never had a slur thrown at me or been disrespected.i just hear about how tall i am all the damn time.that's the most annoying thing about my life lol

Quote Originally Posted by bluesoul View Post
    i can answer that: people can tell. just because they don't make a big deal about it or announce it doesn't mean they don't notice. most of the times, they'll notice and just whisper or casually remark to one another but out of respect they're not going to make it obvious. also, a lot of people really don't care.
    I'm sure some people know (cause i occasionally get asked) but i also know that there are people who don't know (like the nurse who asks if I'm pregnant or when my last menstrual cycle was).
    Woman come in so many different shapes, sizes, body builds that I've meet more passable ts woman than not

Silver Poster

again- someone doesn't need to throw a slur at you or give you problems to clock you. in the western world, this usually works against someone. so it's usually in someone's best interest not to let you know that they know.

also for a lot of people who aren't familiar with transsexuals- they aren't thinking about that (especially in public). so they may notice something about someone that would clock them- but they're not even thinking in those terms and don't have the term "cloak" in their vocabulary.

Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by amberskyi View Post
    I'm sure some people know (cause i occasionally get asked) but i also know that there are people who don't know (like the nurse who asks if I'm pregnant or when my last menstrual cycle was).
    Woman come in so many different shapes, sizes, body builds that I've meet more passable ts woman than not
    there are some people who do that out of respect for the other person. people do that one this very website.

also- things that "clock" transsexuals can be different depending on the person noticing. most of the time it's something that will set off suspicion- the size of someone's hands, how someone speaks, how they behave.