Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Trans admirer and friend Junior Poster

Default Girl meeting parents/family first time

Hello,

I come to you HA members, boys and girls, for advice.

Situation: A friend of mine is dating a ts girl. This girl is really easy on the eyes, but there are some things that do give away her trans status (in my opinion and friend's opinion: voice, and couple of other things)

My friend's family is Catholic and have expressed anti homosexual sentiments. And my friend tells me that they might put her and him in the "homosexual relationship" category.

The pressure is on him , to take her to meet his family, she has suggested this and so has his family. He has been very happy and now the family want to meet his girlfriend , and she already introduced him to her family and wants to meet his siblings.

now the questions.

Should he, start telling his family BEFORE they meet her, of her actual trans status, to start to get a feel for their reaction or what the outcome may be?

He has a really good relationship with his family, and they respect and love him. I feel this would kind of ease the situation, and avoid the awkward confrontations and make her feel bad during a family dinner.

Should he, take her to meet his family, and not mention her trans status , even if the family might notice right away. possibly causing a big fallout and scene? (and therefore in the eyes of the family, become "gay" for liking a trans woman)?

I feel this is risky, but is the best in terms of protecting her feelings.

What would you all suggest for him?

Senior Member Platinum Poster nysprod's Avatar

Default Re: Girl meeting parents/family first time

The question really is to him, which is, is he truly ready to tell his family his gf is trans.

If the answer really is yes I think it's practical to tell them before the actual introduction, if only to avoid a potentially uncomfortable scene for her.

1 out of 2 members liked this post.
    Phone keys gum condoms lube...I don’t want to be normal.

Eurotrash! Platinum Poster Jericho's Avatar

Your friend, eh?

Yeah, probably best to warn the parents first, saves having any embarrassing/awkward silences.

3 out of 3 members liked this post.
    I hate being bipolar...It's fucking ace!

Soft as a feather. Junior Poster Amber Littlefeather's Avatar

with the guys hun! ....For me in past I have asked my partner to let there family know before I meet them it has made it much easyer on everyone in my case

Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by my my my! View Post

Should he, start telling his family BEFORE they meet her, of her actual trans status, to start to get a feel for their reaction or what the outcome may be?

He has a really good relationship with his family, and they respect and love him. I feel this would kind of ease the situation, and avoid the awkward confrontations and make her feel bad during a family dinner.

Should he, take her to meet his family, and not mention her trans status , even if the family might notice right away. possibly causing a big fallout and scene? (and therefore in the eyes of the family, become "gay" for liking a trans woman)?

he knows his parents better than we do. i'd ask him what he thinks is the best course of action

Senior Member Junior Poster

If she doesn't look/sound completely like a GG,unfortunately,his parents may judge her...BEFORE letting them meet her, I think he should drop subtle hints. Maybe ask his family about a show he saw on tv about transsexuals? Just to get some insight as to how they would react. If they have a bad/negative reaction, maybe it's best not to let them meet her, as it wouldn't exactly be a pleasant situation.

till we fucking overdose Gold Poster amberskyi's Avatar

They might not catch it..I've been introduced to a few friends and family.some didn't know (or at least ask) and some suspected.regardless of how it went down its never been unpleasant.awkward maybe but never a scene.
    Its best to just introduce her so they don't already have preconceived notions about her just because she is trans.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Junior Poster

Does she want the family to know she is transgender? Maybe , maybe not. Either way, I wouldn't say anything unless she was OK with it. And if she doesn't want them to know, they may have suspicions, most likely they won't say anything to her. Well, unless they are drunk rednecks! LOL

live and let live.

Asswhipper Veteran Poster VictoriaVeil's Avatar

Its her story to tell. Not His. What the parents beliefs are is a side-issue.

'nuff sed.

Quote Originally Posted by my my my! View Post
    Hello,

I come to you HA members, boys and girls, for advice.

Situation: A friend of mine is dating a ts girl. This girl is really easy on the eyes, but there are some things that do give away her trans status (in my opinion and friend's opinion: voice, and couple of other things)

My friend's family is Catholic and have expressed anti homosexual sentiments. And my friend tells me that they might put her and him in the "homosexual relationship" category.

The pressure is on him , to take her to meet his family, she has suggested this and so has his family. He has been very happy and now the family want to meet his girlfriend , and she already introduced him to her family and wants to meet his siblings.

now the questions.

I feel this is risky, but is the best in terms of protecting her feelings.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Senior Member Platinum Poster nysprod's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VictoriaVeil View Post
    Its her story to tell. Not His. What the parents beliefs are is a side-issue.

'nuff sed.
    I don't disagree Victoria but in this instance, she's already said she wants to be introduced (I assume that meant openly).

So how would you proceed?

0 out of 1 members liked this post.
    Phone keys gum condoms lube...I don’t want to be normal.