Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Senior Member Platinum Poster

Default Re: Street Preachers attacked @ gaypride

Quote Originally Posted by fred41 View Post
    Although when you read the whole story - there are really no surprises: Jason Queree - the chubby bald guy - has been arrested 29 times since 1995 . Also,the loud woman with the glasses seen in most of the video - had a stroller full of beer......and a toddler...classy.
    so it's religious dickheads versus classless trash.....no real news after all.
    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...sted-29-times/
    Quote Originally Posted by LilyRox View Post
    Preacher's protesting is to be expected at events like this. This is just America. Under our law here in America you can't just go around assaulting people over verbal confrontations, and it's a good thing we have these laws. I don't agree with the preacher's actions, but I believe the law did the right thing.
    As annoying, frustrating, enraging, disgusting (call it whatever) these narrow-minded, constipated all "god-fearing" clowns can be, I agree with both of you, guys... Violence is heartless...

Gold Poster

I agree with Dan. The preacher is obnoxious and I have trouble having any sympathy for him. But protesters have a right to voice their opinion, whether it's the ku klux klan marching through Skokie Illinois or a preacher trying to shame a bunch of people at a civil rights type rally.

Also, if you look at the way the chubby guy attacked the preacher it was pretty gutless. Despite all his pacing and posturing he waited until the preacher was distracted and then took a clumsy, blind-side swing at him. Just the sort of cowardice you might expect from the opposition!

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Junior Poster Amy Gray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by seanchai View Post
    Lot's of people deserve to get their arses kicked - and two twats protesting gay pride in the name of THEIR religion, probably do.
    I understand where you're coming from but I guess I just couldn't hate anyone enough to physically hurt them. I mean, I come from a roman catholic family and have a cousin and an uncle who are literally roman catholic priests. One of them tried to perform and exorcism on me when I was younger and you know what, I can honestly say I don't hate them for it. I'd happily welcome them with open arms into my house because they're still family.

I just feel sad for small minded people and kind of pity them but I can't imagine feeling anger toward them. I mean, it must be so difficult for them to go through life constantly being held back by the fact that they're imbeciles.

I dunno, I guess I'm just too much of a pacifist to kick anyone's ass, I'll let you do it for me.

6 out of 6 members liked this post.

Senior Member Veteran Poster Ananke's Avatar

Amy, you are so above all the narrow minded people who feel they are the only ones who can have an opinion and are beating the shit out of those who don't agree.

3 out of 5 members liked this post.