Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hamster hacked?

Senior Member Silver Poster

Default Re: Hamster hacked?

Quote Originally Posted by tvkim View Post
    I have never been sure either, but as far as I know, there ain't anyone else that fits into a UK dress size 8 dress size doing what I do!
    Totaly right Kim...Me i like big but the real thing

Quote Originally Posted by tsadriana View Post
    Totaly right Kim...Me i like big but the real thing
    That's sweet music.....

But pleasures are like poppies spread
    You seize the flow'r, the bloom is shed

Senior Member Veteran Poster Genetic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by seanchai View Post
    I'm not sure where you get those facts from. It's actually quite difficult to do a DDOS attack and be successful.
    There's been quite a lot of info in the press, specifically when Paypal was brought down about how to do it, how easy it is and where you can get what you need from. They published how the LOIC and HOIC worked and talked extensively about botnets and where you can get them from.

In terms of success, obviously it depends on the target, cause Amazon or Ebay aren't going to be brought down and 1 person with 1 PC isn't going to get very far. But all you need is one small group working together to bring a site down or 1 person with a botnet (which you can buy or rent by the hour very easily)...or hell, you can download a RAT and stick it on a bunch of internet cafe machines if you don't need a large network. None of this is terribly difficult and the info is all easily found.

Banned for malicious behavior & being a nasty piece of work. Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Genetic View Post
    There's been quite a lot of info in the press, specifically when Paypal was brought down about how to do it, how easy it is and where you can get what you need from. They published how the LOIC and HOIC worked and talked extensively about botnets and where you can get them from.

In terms of success, obviously it depends on the target, cause Amazon or Ebay aren't going to be brought down and 1 person with 1 PC isn't going to get very far. But all you need is one small group working together to bring a site down or 1 person with a botnet (which you can buy or rent by the hour very easily)...or hell, you can download a RAT and stick it on a bunch of internet cafe machines if you don't need a large network. None of this is terribly difficult and the info is all easily found.

Don't you just love technology!

Professional Poster

Anyone know what happened to Eros Guide?

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Building resistance now,

And becoming evil...

Quote Originally Posted by danthepoetman View Post
    Building resistance now,

I know it's not directly relevant, but that second pic reminded me of this, which made me laugh out loud the other day. One for Wendy Summers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	redbull.jpg 
Views:	251 
Size:	46.7 KB 
ID:	592980  

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    But pleasures are like poppies spread
    You seize the flow'r, the bloom is shed

Senior Member Platinum Poster

I LOVE it!!!

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Genetic View Post

If it was that easy there would be a lot more sites getting taken offline a lot more often. We deal with DDOS service attacks on a regular basis, most servers have better security and only something very well organised and implemented could take it down.

You could read a manual about flying a plane, it doesn't mean you can fly it.

3 out of 3 members liked this post.

Senior Member Veteran Poster Genetic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by seanchai View Post
    If it was that easy there would be a lot more sites getting taken offline a lot more often. We deal with DDOS service attacks on a regular basis, most servers have better security and only something very well organised and implemented could take it down.

You could read a manual about flying a plane, it doesn't mean you can fly it.
    Anonib has been down for most of the last 2 months, Adultwork has been down twice, Eros once, a major torrent site got taken down by 1 guy who got banned from there, a major legal site keeps going down and those are the ones I can think of in the last month alone from DDOS attacks.

And you're totally missing the point here. One person can take down a small site on their own, but a larger target still only needs one person with a large network of bots to take it down and as I said, those can be rented per hour on some forums that are very easy to find and then slaved to a simple script.

There is an entire toolkit available with step by step tutorials out there, and while you say you can read a book about flying a plane and it doesn't make you a pilot, the same doesn't apply to computers. Reading is how people get really good at this stuff.