Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
    Senior Member Junior Poster

Default Re: It's official: Paula deen is being shaken down

Quote Originally Posted by giovanni_hotel View Post
    This statement is beyond dumb.

You could say you have an issue with certain pathologies that seem to afflict the Black community in greater extremes than the general population, but for you to make the idiot comment suggesting Black racism(???) is equal or as great a social ill in the USA to White racism is just stupid.

Blacks are 13% of the population and as a group we don't exert the economic pull or institutional authority that Whites do.

When a White person without a college degree has a greater likelihood of being hired for a job in this country than a Black person with a BA or BS, don't talk shit to me about Blacks becoming more racist.

God what an idiotic thing to say Maddy.
    Like you know enough Black people to even make such a braindead comment.

As for 'high minded' Cecil, show me ANYWHERE that Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton used 'uppity nigger' or 'chief monkey' in describing themselves??

You're just absurd. Leave the irony for people who know what it means.
    My point WAS black people in this country are a lot more socially able to say their opinions about whites than the opposite. For example, if I said anything regarding black people as a whole I'd most certainly be deemed a "racist" amongst other things, but if it's a black person making the remarks against white people that's never even mentioned, and YES, Al Sharpton is completely and OPENLY racist, and should have the same type of articles written about him everytime he says a stupid, racist remark, which is more often than not. And, i'm by no means saying either type of racism is O.K., what I'm saying is if we want to stamp out racism, let's do just that and not create some kind of social rule as to who can be racist and who can't, that's ridiculous. As far as black people not being paid as much or not being able to get the same jobs, etc., I agree with you and I don't think that's right at all, but does that justify racism. No.

4 out of 4 members liked this post.

Senior Member Platinum Poster giovanni_hotel's Avatar

Default Re: It's official: Paula deen is being shaken down

Quote Originally Posted by maddygirl View Post
    My point WAS black people in this country are a lot more socially able to say their opinions about whites than the opposite. For example, if I said anything regarding black people as a whole I'd most certainly be deemed a "racist" amongst other things, but if it's a black person making the remarks against white people that's never even mentioned, and YES, Al Sharpton is completely and OPENLY racist, and should have the same type of articles written about him everytime he says a stupid, racist remark, which is more often than not. And, i'm by no means saying either type of racism is O.K., what I'm saying is if we want to stamp out racism, let's do just that and not create some kind of social rule as to who can be racist and who can't, that's ridiculous. As far as black people not being paid as much or not being able to get the same jobs, etc., I agree with you and I don't think that's right at all, but does that justify racism. No.
    Give me an example other than Sharpton's defense of Tawana Brawley in the 1980s(an incident where Sharpton had no idea the claimant was a liar) where definitely he's a racist.

Your statement that Sharpton somehow hates White people is IMO misguided and devoid of fact.

Stand by your convictions and not political dogma.
    If you see wrong being done, by anyone, speak on it.

The incidental skin color of the perpetrator shouldn't impact your criticism.

I hate it when White folks cower in fear claiming they can't speak on issues of race and discrimination. That's a cop out by someone who doesn't want to be challenged on their views.

Senior Member Silver Poster

Default Re: Paula Deen Admits to Racial Slurs

People call the Buttslinger Klan racist, but when we get together for a little reunion we always wave lots of fried chicken and watermelon, and I had a black friend at work once.

I can't really remember what this family discussion was about, I had been hitting the keg pretty good that day, and was in the bathroom when it started. You have to finish up them kegs on the first day, they get flat real quick.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	____.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	235.7 KB 
ID:	594213  

World Class Asshole

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Leave Giada alone dammit! Bitter female demographic.

Giada is Italian so make sure she doesn't use the M Word either.

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/giada-laur...210914980.html

Giada De Laurentiis: Paula Deen Fans Are 'Not Happy' With Me

Access Hollywood – 1 hour 59 minutes ago

When The Food Network yanked Paula Deen's shows and replaced them with programs by Giada De Laurentiis, the chef felt the backlash.
    Giada stopped by Access Hollywood Live on Tuesday, where she dished on being in caught in the middle of Deen's N-word controversy.
    "Her shows got replaced by my shows, so we have a lot of people not happy with me right now, as if I had anything to do with it," Giada told Billy Bush and Kit Hoover.
    Deen supporters have taken to Twitter and Facebook over the issue, telling the chef she needs to defend her fellow celebrity chef, but Giada stressed that she is not getting involved when she doesn't know all the facts of the situation.
    "That's what everyone on social media wants me to do, to make comments, [to] stand up for her. The problem is, you need to do your homework first, you need to have all the facts before you say anything - especially in a situation like this," she explained. "Paula has been nothing but wonderful to me over the years.
    Adding, "I know her as a kind woman. I don't know what happened and this happened awhile back, so I don't know what happened so I'm not going to make a comment based on ignorance. That is not a good thing to do."
    Giada explained that she never witnessed Deen using the N-word.
    "I do know her family and we've worked together many times... I've never been in the presence of that," she said. "I think this was a shock to many of us on the network."
    -- Jesse Spero
    Copyright 2013 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Hey! Get off my lawn. 5 Star Poster Odelay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Velvet View Post
    Leave Giada alone dammit! Bitter female demographic.

Giada is Italian so make sure she doesn't use the M Word either.
    So wait a minute, does that make her a Wop?

p.s. I must be drunk. I never reply in these threads.

So Cecil's a cop.

Anyone else remember Arnie666?

But pleasures are like poppies spread
    You seize the flow'r, the bloom is shed

Quote Originally Posted by Odelay View Post
    So wait a minute, does that make her a Wop?

p.s. I must be drunk. I never reply in these threads.
    If she doesn't have her papers I'll hand her a gooey napkin. Certified by the certifiable now welcomed to the citizenry as a citizen.

Now Jesse Jackson himself wants to help. What a nice guy. I wonder how many zeros he'll have Paula put on the check for his well-meaning assistance. The only thing Jesse could help her with is making a baby out of wedlock. Wonder if he can shame her into it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3506218.html

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Well fry my Twinkie, I never heard of Paula Deen 'til she hit the news as a member of the reformed church one time racists. Amen, sister.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

y'all makin' the gifs cry now.