Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Senior Member Junior Poster

Default Re: Has Anyone Actually Been IN / NEAR A Tornado?

Nah do here in Ohio. I've never been in one but I live about 15 minutes from Xenia, Ohio which has had some famous tornadoes roll through. In fact the movie Gummo was based on the town after one (odd movie). We just had one about 30 miles north a week ago. Mother Nature is drunk this year

Veteran Poster

Default Re: Has Anyone Actually Been IN / NEAR A Tornado?

2nd instance: I had a super cell pass over when I was in Walmart. Winds were so strong that the water from the storm was flowing uphill from the parking lot and flooded the front of the store. I Could see rain blowing North in the back of the lot and South near the front of the store so it was just starting to form. Carved a 3 mile trench 8 miles down the road.

1st instance: I was near an empty field with no clouds though we had a tornado warning with sunny skies. Within 2 seconds the sky turned black and the clouds rushed over the trees as if a time lapse video passed. They came over the trees so fast that it made me jump.

Scariest feeling I've ever had. Theres this imminent feeling feeling of doom/dread and the wind is unheard of...you will never be able to imagine til you see it first hand and that I dont recommend.

Reality is perception.