Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast
    5 Star Poster

Default Chef Mike's Religious Hate

This is what it leads to... It starts with mocking a religion, then it ends up here. Too bad people are so closed minded and evil in our world.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060517...nmurderfuneral

BELFAST (AFP) - About 2,000 people in Northern Ireland have turned out for the funeral of a Catholic teenager who was beaten to death in a vicious sectarian attack as he went to buy a takeaway pizza.

ADVERTISEMENT

Fifteen-year-old Michael McIlveen's death on May 7 was the latest in the 37-year "Troubles" between the Protestant and Catholic communities in Northern Ireland that has seen some 3,600 people killed.

The youngster was attacked by thugs in an alleyway in the mainly Protestant town of Ballymena, in the northeast of the province. He was allegedly beaten with a baseball bat before having his head stamped upon.

Six Protestant youths have since been charged with murder.

On Wednesday morning, the funeral cortege left the McIlveen family home behind a white coffin.

His classmates paid their own tributes to the youngster, forming a guard of honour wearing the jerseys of Glasgow football clubs Rangers and Celtic, which are supported by Protestants and Catholics respectively in the province.

Reconciliation between the two religious communities was the central message of Catholic priest Father Paul Symonds' sermon in All Saints Church, just a short distance from where Michael was killed.

"The family have been deeply moved by the love and concern shown to them. They have shown a wonderful example," he told the congregation.

"Throughout this whole time, I have never heard one tiny word of recrimination or condemnation -- they have borne their grief with incredible dignity. Michael had lived a life which embraced all sides of the community."

The Reverend Ian Paisley, leader of Northern Ireland's largest Protestant party the Democratic Unionists (DUP), who represents the local constituency of North Antrim, was detained by business at the London parliament.

He sent a local member of the party as his representative instead.

But the killing was raised in Prime Minister Tony Blair's weekly question and answer session with lawmakers, including Paisley, who himself hailed the minute's silence held by Northern Ireland Assembly members on Monday.

Mark Durkan, leader of the moderate Catholic Social Democratic Labour Party, also praised the uniting of Celtic and Rangers fans.

He suggested it should spur on politicians of all sides in the assembly to resolve their long-standing differences and finally agree on a power-sharing devolved government.

5 Star Poster

I refer to this:

If this doesn't display anti-Christian undertones I don't know what does. He just does it to antagonize me I know, but it is still lame and disrespectful of others.

Platinum Poster

LMFAO...are you off your meds again, vicki? That should make for a fun coupla days...it was a only a matter of time...

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Vicki Richter
    I refer to this:

If this doesn't display anti-Christian undertones I don't know what does. He just does it to antagonize me I know, but it is still lame and disrespectful of others.
    hhhmmmm...paranoia and delusions of grandeur....you must be off your meds again princess....

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

looks like a painting of Satan getting a taste of his own medicene. what's antichristian 'bout that?

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Undertones aside, I just think it's bad art with a capitol 'B' and "thingies" around the word "art".

But I enjoy those big-eyed-waif paintings that you used to see in the back of TV Guide. I guess there's no accounting, yada, yada.

Now can't you kidz please play nice?

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Platinum Poster

5 Star Poster

Well we all know why you have anti-Christian propaganda in your profile... Since I am the only one on the site who stands up for my beliefs in that area.

Hey it's OK... as long as it's made obvious. But spreading hate in other areas just displays your bigotry and hypocracy... I am sure if TG's are murdered for being who we are you would stand up and declare it a travesty, but when people are killed for religion you just help propogate that hatred and make a mockery out of it. It's pathetic.

Platinum Poster

All you other devil worshippers can find more of this anti-christian art here...and thanks for the plug, vicki...

http://www.vomitus.com/museum/icons.html

Junior Poster

I dunno if my posts hurt true christians here, if so, i'm deeply sorry for that. Since my mom is a muslim, and my father a catholic i really don't know who i am. But i hate any form of religion, anyway..