Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Satanism

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Default Re: Satanism

Quote Originally Posted by Prospero View Post
    This is of course the same dear old Erika who has been away awhile.... i recall her posting about becoming a boxer.
    I fell stupid! I did not realized it was our Erika! I'm sorry, Erika!
    So Erika, is that satanic thing new? Is it something you've been practicing for a long time?
    I always had trouble understanding the logic of satanism, Erika: if you do believe in the devil, it means that you must also believe in God, and consequently in the Heaven and Hell mythology; but then, if you side up with the bad guy, you then think you'll pay eternally, don't you? you'll end up in Hell? In other words, Erika, what I don't understand -and I'm asking this out of real curiosity; I'm not being judgemental because personally, I'm agnostic- is why would you practice satanism "knowing" that you'll go to Hell?

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

Last year she was a Republican. So it's a logical step.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by danthepoetman View Post
    So Erika, is that satanic thing new? Is it something you've been practicing for a long time?
    I always had trouble understanding the logic of satanism, Erika: if you do believe in the devil, it means that you must also believe in God, and consequently in the Heaven and Hell mythology; but then, if you side up with the bad guy, you then think you'll pay eternally, don't you? you'll end up in Hell? In other words, Erika, what I don't understand -and I'm asking this out of real curiosity; I'm not being judgemental because personally, I'm agnostic- is why would you practice satanism "knowing" that you'll go to Hell?
    Nice summary Mr Poet, I would love to know the answer to that question

Evie this bad boys just for you, and good luck with everything xxx

If heaven is full of southern baptists and tea-partiers I'll take my chances with old nick, Dan. Can't help thinking that there must be more interesting people down there.

If it, or indeed, heaven, exists......

But pleasures are like poppies spread
    You seize the flow'r, the bloom is shed

Quote Originally Posted by joeninety View Post
    Nice summary Mr Poet, I would love to know the answer to that question
    Hey! Joe, my friend! How are you?

Quote Originally Posted by robertlouis View Post
    If heaven is full of southern baptists and tea-partiers I'll take my chances with old nick, Dan. Can't help thinking that there must be more interesting people down there.
    If it, or indeed, heaven, exists......
    I always felt that it's probably much funnier down there indeed. The way Heaven is presented, all these people sitting right or left of God forever, yes: forever! seems like quite a bit of a drag...

Hey! Joe, my friend! How are you?

I always felt that it's probably much funnier down there indeed. The way Heaven is presented, all these people sitting right or left of God forever, yes: forever! seems like quite a bit of a drag...
    Hello Dan, I am good my man, what about you?

Think you may have hit the nail on the head here maybe Erika is in the know about such things......If its true I am definitely going to reserve my spot in Hotel la Pit, the thought of getting it on with a couple of she-devils is really starting to sway me

Senior Member Professional Poster

My friend and fellow Satanist Venus Satanas wrote a great article on the subject

Do Satanists believe in the afterlife? What will happen to them? are they headed to a paradise or to hell? These questions have been sent to me before, and although they are not easy questions to answer, there are some resorces available that show what some Satanists believe about the afterlife.In the philosophy of Satanism, the Satanist does not accept the possibility of the afterlife, choosing to instead believe as little as they can and to accept life in the here and now: "Life is the Great Indulgence, Death the great Abstinence, therefore make the most of life in the HERE AND NOW!" [The Satanic Bible,Book of Satan, Ch. 4 Verse 1] This sentiment is echoed again in the SB with the statement, "Here and now is our day of Joy.. our day of opportunity". this is quite opposite to what other religions teach; that we are to feel guilty for enjoying life in a pleasurable way.

Making the most of here and now refers to living life without the guilt of a punishment or reward. The Satanist does not believe that they are going to an infernal hell, or Dante's Lake of fire or any other place beyond the grave. I tend to agree. Many religions have tried to explain this phenomenon by teaching and preparing their religious for an eventual blessing or punishment in the afterlife, or the promise of reincarnation.

I am interested in the amount of ghost phenomenon that I have seen. while I do not accept all of it as true, some of these things can not be explained. it would
    seem that ghosts and their existence, and stories of their existence, are a part of the natural world we live in. I can not explain the phenomenon nor can I dismiss the proof that I have seen. I personally believe that the soul experiences a state of suspension after death but this soul is not eternal nor does it ascend into a heaven or descend into a hell. (I think there is a metaphysical reasoning for a spiritual existence after death. Religion directs the the belief in this phenomenon, but outside of religion there may be other explanations.)

But, I can only base my beliefs (or, ideas on what the afterlife is) on what I have seen, and evidence like EVP's [electronic voices], witnesses, personal experience, video evidence, orb photography, and the numerous stories and general belief in ghosts makes me feel as if we do not fully understand what happens after death; maybe we create our own experience of life, and we do not know what is beyond death until we walk through that door.

I will not be afraid

Venus Satanas

3 out of 3 members liked this post.

Two loves I have, of comfort and despair,
    Which, like two spirits, do suggest me still;
    The better angel is a man right fair,
    The worser spirit a woman colored ill.
    To win me soon to hell, my female evil
    Tempteth my better angel from my side,
    And would corrupt my saint to be a devil,
    Wooing his purity with her foul pride.
    And whether that my angel be turned fiend
    Suspect I may, but not directly tell;
    But being both from me both to each friend,
    I guess one angel in another’s hell.
      Yet this shall I ne'er know, but live in doubt,
      Till my bad angel fire my good one out.

Beautiful, Stavros! Who is that from?

I see, Erika. But then, if it's essentially a way to enjoy life in the moment, why Satan? Why the pain and the magic? the ceremonies? You would not believe in an after-life but you would believe in occult relations which allow magic? Usually, one excludes the other.
    And once again, Erika, is that something new in your life? Have you just discovered that recently?

Quote Originally Posted by Erika1487 View Post
    My friend and fellow Satanist Venus Satanas wrote a great article on the subject

Do Satanists believe in the afterlife? What will happen to them? are they headed to a paradise or to hell? These questions have been sent to me before, and although they are not easy questions to answer, there are some resorces available that show what some Satanists believe about the afterlife.In the philosophy of Satanism, the Satanist does not accept the possibility of the afterlife, choosing to instead believe as little as they can and to accept life in the here and now: "Life is the Great Indulgence, Death the great Abstinence, therefore make the most of life in the HERE AND NOW!" [The Satanic Bible,Book of Satan, Ch. 4 Verse 1] This sentiment is echoed again in the SB with the statement, "Here and now is our day of Joy.. our day of opportunity". this is quite opposite to what other religions teach; that we are to feel guilty for enjoying life in a pleasurable way.

Making the most of here and now refers to living life without the guilt of a punishment or reward. The Satanist does not believe that they are going to an infernal hell, or Dante's Lake of fire or any other place beyond the grave. I tend to agree. Many religions have tried to explain this phenomenon by teaching and preparing their religious for an eventual blessing or punishment in the afterlife, or the promise of reincarnation.

I am interested in the amount of ghost phenomenon that I have seen. while I do not accept all of it as true, some of these things can not be explained. it would
    seem that ghosts and their existence, and stories of their existence, are a part of the natural world we live in. I can not explain the phenomenon nor can I dismiss the proof that I have seen. I personally believe that the soul experiences a state of suspension after death but this soul is not eternal nor does it ascend into a heaven or descend into a hell. (I think there is a metaphysical reasoning for a spiritual existence after death. Religion directs the the belief in this phenomenon, but outside of religion there may be other explanations.)

But, I can only base my beliefs (or, ideas on what the afterlife is) on what I have seen, and evidence like EVP's [electronic voices], witnesses, personal experience, video evidence, orb photography, and the numerous stories and general belief in ghosts makes me feel as if we do not fully understand what happens after death; maybe we create our own experience of life, and we do not know what is beyond death until we walk through that door.

I will not be afraid

Venus Satanas
    So let me get this straight Satanism has a similarity to Buddhism in the fact that they both seem centred around "the here and now" living your life in the moment.

It also seems to have similarities with libertarianism (in the belief of living life exactly as you choose) and with being a libertine, throw in a good serving of anarchy and that sounds a lot like your version of Satanisn.

Curious to know where is all the sacrifice stuff, the evil, the devil, the dark arts etc????

I like what you have to say in the fact that your beliefs are firmly tied to your experiences, having witnessed my fair share of the unknown, I can relate to you in regards to the otherworldly