Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Satanism

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Default Re: Satanism

Quote Originally Posted by bluesoul View Post
    "i'm so excited to see my lord and savior represented in such glorious italian stone. i do hope his eyes gaze upon me and my allegiance is recognized"
    Acting, merely acting.

https://vimeo.com/15476780

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-li...es-court/n9487

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    "...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Silver Poster

yeah, he seemed to troll people that had silly interests that made nobody care about them: like gamers and satanists

God :

Ex nihilo
    is a Latin phrase meaning "out of nothing". It often appears in conjunction with the concept of creation, as in creatio ex nihilo, meaning "creation out of nothing", chiefly in philosophical or theological contexts, but it also occurs in other fields.

.....Modern physical

A widely supported scientific theory in modern physics is the zero-energy universe which states that the total amount of energy in the universe is exactly zero. It has been argued that this is the only kind of universe that could come from nothing.[20] Such a universe would have to be flat in shape, a state which does not contradict current observations that the universe is flat with a 0.5% margin of error.[21][22]
    The paper "Spontaneous creation of the Universe Ex Nihilo" provides a model for a way the Universe could have been created from pure 'nothing' in information terms.[23]

MEMBER OF THE LOYAL OPPOSITION; "EVOLUTION WITHOUT END''.....

Last edited by nitron; 08-19-2017 at 05:51 AM.

GO TO HELL!

Now.

Thank you hippifried , I guess that means that you will continue to use your hand held magnifier of laser focused truth to fry the piss-ants of superstition and delusional thinking in their tracks.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by nitron View Post
    God :
    Ex nihilo
    is a Latin phrase meaning "out of nothing". It often appears in conjunction with the concept of creation, as in creatio ex nihilo, meaning "creation out of nothing", chiefly in philosophical or theological contexts, but it also occurs in other fields.
    The thread is about Satanism, derived from Satan, who post-dates God and therefore was not 'created out of nothing'.

The phrase "widely supported" is certainly open to interpretation, but it's not the wording I would've used. There's a relatively recent paper (by Dongshang He et. al. https://arxiv.org/pdf/1404.1207.pdf ) describes a zero-energy model of a universe consistent with the Wheeler-DeWitt equation. This is a proof of mathematical consistency only. It demonstrates the spontaneous ex-nihilo appearance of a universe is mathematically consistent with the current theoretical constraints as we understand them. It doesn't pretend to demonstrate that spontaneously ex-nihilo appearance is the only possible scenario. Indeed many cosmologists are exploring other avenues. I know of no serious criticisms raised the Dongshang He paper. So one can say the consistency proof is widely supported, but not necessarily the model itself.

What any of this has to do with Satanism is a mystery: perhaps only that in terms of energy, it's consistent with physics (as currently understood) that our net worth (gods, angels and demons included) is equal to zero and it's also consistent that it isn't.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.
    "...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Gold Poster

I suppose my question is what state or origin of the universe isn't consistent with the existence of God or Satan? What physical state isn't consistent with the existence of a mythical entity who could create that state with its mythical powers? With the creations of God and Satan by man, you have all the tools you need to find consistency with anything. Have at it.

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by broncofan View Post
    I suppose my question is what state or origin of the universe isn't consistent with the existence of God or Satan? What physical state isn't consistent with the existence of a mythical entity who could create that state with its mythical powers? With the creations of God and Satan by man, you have all the tools you need to find consistency with anything. Have at it.
    And I suppose I will add that my understanding of Trish' post is that consistent with means not contradicted by, but by no means proven or even likely.

Quote Originally Posted by broncofan View Post
    And I suppose I will add that my understanding of Trish' post is that consistent with means not contradicted by, but by no means proven or even likely.
    Yes, though here (just to be clear) Dongshang He is referring to the consistency of a zero-energy fluctuation and its expansion into a universe being consistent with the laws of physics as now understood - not the consistency of any form of satanism or any sort of theology which has not been rigorously formulated.