Default French Open Tennis

I've been enjoying the French Open Tennis from Paris on ITV over the last two weeks. It's clay, and it's slow, but there have been some great matches.

Yesterday we had one of the best I've ever seen, yet another epic between Nadal and Djokovic, almost matching their titanic battle in last year's Australian final which I was lucky enough to see inside the stadium in Melbourne.

I prefer Djokovic as a tennis stylist, but Nadal has come back on a mission, perhaps one last hurrah before his knees pack up and he is forced to retire.

And congratulations to Serena Williams. Right now she is the most focused I've ever seen her, and playing tennis that takes the women's game to new heights. Unfortunately the rest of the women aren't following her.

Wimbledon in three weeks - come on, Tim!

But pleasures are like poppies spread
    You seize the flow'r, the bloom is shed

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Default Re: French Open Tennis

Dismayed at the sloppy serving of Sharapova at this level, odd that some of her second serves were better than the first -I think she could have won this if the serve was more reliable -she won the first two games coming from behind. But Williams looks both strong and confident. Depending on how fit he is, Ferrer could cause an upset tomorrow -much to the chagrin of Yanick Noah -if he does present the prizes as he has commented in the past on 'Potions' used by Spanish players....hmmm.

Junior Poster

I watch tennis for nefarious reasons. My confession of a crazed fanatic of women's physique and their screaming...so sue me. However, I am coming to a point where I can now appreciate the sport of tennis -albeit without a firm grip on the nuances of the play. I getting there though.

Pardon my newness to the sport, but look for more genuine analysis in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by starkem View Post
    I watch tennis for nefarious reasons. My confession of a crazed fanatic of women's physique and their screaming...so sue me. However, I am coming to a point where I can now appreciate the sport of tennis -albeit without a firm grip on the nuances of the play. I getting there though.

Pardon my newness to the sport, but look for more genuine analysis in the future.
    Hmmm. OK then.

As for the orgasmic screaming which ritually follows every damn stroke, how come Navratilova, Steffi Graf, Chris Evert and the rest managed to win without making a sound?

It's ridiculous, totally unnecessary, and it jars with your enjoyment of the game. Now some of the men are doing it too.

So I'll be watching Ferrer in particular with the sound off tomorrow. Then there's Rafa sticking his finger up his arse before every point....

But pleasures are like poppies spread
    You seize the flow'r, the bloom is shed

Junior Poster

Unhappy Re: French Open Tennis

So did the loud and onocious win or what??? I had company, and it spoiled my erection....

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Nadal too good for Ferrer, well I am inclined to think we knew that anyway. Meanwhile, it may be a trick shot, but don't try this at home!!

Junior Poster

Cool Re: French Open Tennis

Williams beat defending champion Sherapova in her only second French Open championship win in eleven years. It was a great match! Congratulations Ms. Williams.