Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Junior Poster

Default Re: The eternal Phuket v Pattaya debate

Well, as a long-time traveller in both cities, i would say it depends on both how long your stay is and also what you look for
    you def. wont lack sexy ladyboys no matter what town you choose

i DO however prefer to stay in Phuket as the atmosphere is more laid-back the air is better...and so are the beaches...and traffic as well

there are SO many ladyboys here that you would never go through them all

just stay local to soi bangla road as this is where the most of the action is...

and forget all about Phuket being expensive..i stay in a small guesthouse in soi paradise right now, its small but clean and with aircon,wifi,no guest-fee for 500 a day...motorbike is 150...you dont get that in pattaya

if you want to see some of the ladyboys here then look out for my tread named Cocktail&Dreams...thats my favorite ladyboy bar in thailand

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Rookie Poster

Thanks for the additional perspectives! All good info.

Rookie Poster

Pattaya without a doubt. There is nothing good about Phuket besides the beaches

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by kuteguy View Post
    then why can i stay in Phuket for 3 week`s without any problems....but gets tired of Pattaya after just 4-5 days??

IMHO theres only ONE thing that is better in pattaya...and that is the cheap transportation (the songtaws) the rest of the time its TOO sleazy for me

Senior Member Junior Poster

Personally, I prefer Phuket, but I have not partaken in the offerings of the "sex industry" in Thailand, so I cannot comment on that personally

When I head to Phuket I usually stay the J.W. Marriott which while not cheap by any means is way cheaper than comparable places elsewhere in the world and the staff is fantastic.

Pattaya did nothing for me and just seemed like a lower end beach town without much to offer, maybe the ladybody scene is better there, that I cannot comment on.

However, if I am going to a beach town in Thailand it is going to be Koh Samui, the Conrad there maybe one of my top 10 favorite hotels in the world, minus the food which was IMHO not upto the standard of the rest of the hotel.

k

Quote Originally Posted by batman4ever View Post
    Well, as a long-time traveller in both cities, i would say it depends on both how long your stay is and also what you look for
    you def. wont lack sexy ladyboys no matter what town you choose

i DO however prefer to stay in Phuket as the atmosphere is more laid-back the air is better...and so are the beaches...and traffic as well

there are SO many ladyboys here that you would never go through them all

just stay local to soi bangla road as this is where the most of the action is...

and forget all about Phuket being expensive..i stay in a small guesthouse in soi paradise right now, its small but clean and with aircon,wifi,no guest-fee for 500 a day...motorbike is 150...you dont get that in pattaya

if you want to see some of the ladyboys here then look out for my tread named Cocktail&Dreams...thats my favorite ladyboy bar in thailand

is that the same guesthouse some ladyboys stay and work where bruna was staying? in a kind of alley?
    batman PM me please and send me address where r u staying
    I want to go back soon but my last time I was staying in a Resort in Karon Beach, too far away and expensive and the tuk tuk mafia took my money

Rookie Poster

yepp Patong its been changing a lot last years,it used to be but not anymore.

Bangla is a smelling tourist trap these days,rebuild for the families

They have slowely rebuild it with purpose,its meant to suit the families these days,based on shopping and not like it was some years ago,totally different story

Choice is limited and prices for acom and beer ,food etc is sky high compared to Pattaya,LB is more a tourist drag show down Bangla

But if you want to stay near soi paradice i would say C&N or soi sanabai,best prices and 200 meter walk

btw…beaches in Phuket ? they have build 2000 + hotels the last years with the sewage straight down ito the water !! TIT

Pattaya is Phuket on steroids,bigger,more bars,better selection,lower prices etc etc

Last edited by Petterone; 06-19-2013 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Petterone View Post
    TIT

Pattaya is Phuket on steroids,bigger,more bars,better selection,lower prices etc etc
    TIT indeed.

Rookie Poster

Pattaya is also changing. Thai govt have realised it's the closest beach to bangkok and are doing all that is possible to promote family tourism there. When you go there now-a-days (I think I have been going there for about 6+ years) there are loads of non-sex tourists.

I lost my transsexual virginity in Phuket and it was a great first time. The ladyboy knew I Was a virgin and just gave me the best night of my transsexual life I have ever had! So it's special to me - but that was 9 years ago - Phuket just seems really expensive for everything (yes as rightly said, especially for transport).

Even with the increase in non-sex tourism in Pattaya the prices have remain unchanged in a decade and it's disneyland for adult men looking for sex (with GG, TV, TS, etc). Now in my mid-30s I feel seedy going to Phuket (Esp for ladyboys) as there are a lot of youngsters there. Whereas Pattaya unofficially welcomes everyone - esp the seedy. Whenever I have had a GG or TS/TV in Pattaya it feels like a GFE and they want to have your repeat business where Phuket the SW are just after your money, it seems.

Eurotrash! Platinum Poster Jericho's Avatar

Mmmmmmm, Patty or Fookit, where am i gonna get ripped off worse!
    You're going to catch a hot dose in either. Stick to Bangkok, they've better clinics!

I hate being bipolar...It's fucking ace!