Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
    Senior Member Veteran Poster Corran's Avatar

Default Re: A new Doctor is coming

It won't be Tennant. You know, at first I was really upset that Matt was leaving but then I got to thinking: I was upset when Chris Eccleston left, didn't think anyone would be able to do as good. Then came David Tennant who I loved as well and 'lo and behold, I felt the same when he left. Then I loved Matt's version of the Doctor. This is just a new journey, one us long time fans have been on before.
    Hell, I felt this way about every Doctor since Tom Baker (when I first started watching) and the only time I've been disappointed was with Colin Baker. The fun part for me is the speculation on who the new guy will be.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Senior Member Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by EvaCassini View Post
    hehehe silly.
    and I know who the P.S. is

Sammi Valentine's Personal Fat Bastard & Self Appointed Teddy Bear Of Tatiana Summer & Evon Rose's Date To The 4th Annual Tranny Awards .... I Hope .

Member Rookie Poster

Not a Dr. Who watcher, so can someone explain the premise? Is the doctor a body switcher or a title? In either case, why wouldn't there be more diversity than just a string of white guys? Here in the U.S. all our doctors are South Asian Indian anyway lol

mmmmm beefy Platinum Poster rockabilly's Avatar

While Colin Baker is my least favorite Doctor overall he did the best with the scripts and horrible clown suit they put him in. His Doctor was an egomaniac and kind of a prick .
    His series " Trial of a Time Lord " is probably his best onscreen work but like the 8th Doctor Paul McGann he really stood out in the Big Finish audio dramas.

Quote Originally Posted by mmolotov75 View Post
    Not a Dr. Who watcher, so can someone explain the premise? Is the doctor a body switcher or a title? In either case, why wouldn't there be more diversity than just a string of white guys? Here in the U.S. all our doctors are South Asian Indian anyway lol
    It's been running on British TV screens with a few gaps for almost 50 years.

Where would you like us to start???

0 out of 1 members liked this post.
    But pleasures are like poppies spread
    You seize the flow'r, the bloom is shed

Quote Originally Posted by mmolotov75 View Post
    How much time do you have?
    Best advice i can give is to check the wiki , It really is a unique series and has a rich history and legacy.

Colin Baker & McCoy (my least favorite due to his comic style when he started though he did become darker "ghostlight etc) came along at the wrong time terrible scripts thanks to John Nathan Turner being so pig headed and not listening to Robert Holmes. Thankfully the audios gave Colin Baker the chance to develop the character.

Over here in the UK all this hype about a female doctor which simply cannot happen. If it does they may as well as not brought the show back in 2005 and to add it would be the biggest lack of respect to William Hartnell without whom this conversation wouldn't happen

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

It wasn't unheard of for a few rare Time Lords to change gender during a regeneration but if they chose to go that route it should be because of a carefully laid out story with a payoff or twist not do it just for shock factor.

Isn't River Song practically a female version now (i don't like the character) whoever takes over i want them to make the Doctor more alien and get away from this "new" romance stuff it annoys me. That's why for me Tom Baker will always be my favourite due to how alien he made the character

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

Apparently William Hartnell as he "matured' used to forget half his lines. They would record "as live' back then