Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cheerios Ad

Default Re: Cheerios Ad

Marketing, period. The wrongs or rights and feelings about interracial marriage arent really important for to the people that made the ad. The fact that its getting people to talk about their product is.

Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Willie Escalade View Post
    personally, i really hate it when people try and shove down "messages" like these (interracial couple) down my throat in such an obvious way- so i can understand where most of the hate is coming from- even though i don't approve of it.

also, the whole interracial debate has overshadowed the whole health aspect that cheerios are trying to shilling- so it doesn't even work in that aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by runround04 View Post
    The fact that its getting people to talk about their product is.
    but people aren't talking about cheerios. they're talking about the interracial couple. it's like if i made an ad where a black guy is robbing someone to advertise shoes then say "hey, at least people are talking about my product now"

0 out of 3 members liked this post.
    Last edited by bluesoul; 06-03-2013 at 07:03 AM.

till we fucking overdose Gold Poster amberskyi's Avatar

How is that shoving it down your throat?!?! There was no emphasis on race in the commercial AT ALL.
    every time i see white people on tv should i start screaming aryan propaganda smdh.
    So do only white traditional couples and black traditional couples have a right to be shown on TV.get the fuck out of here

6 out of 8 members liked this post.
    Last edited by amberskyi; 06-03-2013 at 07:50 AM.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by bluesoul View Post
    personally, i really hate it when people try and shove down "messages" like these (interracial couple) down my throat in such an obvious way- so i can understand where most of the hate is coming from- even though i don't approve of it.
    What do you mean indeed, by “shove it down your throat in such an obvious way”? Do you mean to say that there always should only be “white” couples in ads or else there would be some kind of insidious message conveyed to you?? What the fuck are you talking about? I know I can’t claim the sole privilege of drunkenness here but man! get off the bottle already! It’s precisely what it’s all about! this precise type of narrowness of mind which poisons the lives of everybody! Do you live on Mars? or on some remote island where only rednecks and retards have gathered to escape the world? Don’t you see how this world is changing? Why would this couple be something wrong or out of the ordinary or particular if it’s not precisely YOU, YOURSELF who sees something out of the ordinary with it! And you claim that then, you “can understand where most of the hate is coming from”? The hatred? the violence? the bullshit some people have to go through just because of skin pigment or culture? Really?! This cute little ad makes you understand that!!!!!!! You got to be fucking kidding me!!
    Christ man! what the fuck is so wrong with your life that you have to carry around here your misery and your frustration like that all the time? Don’t you realize that it’s all what’s coming out of any of your intervention? Try to bare your name a little, would you, Bluesoul? and stop being such a fucking Asssoul!

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by danthepoetman View Post
    What do you mean indeed, by “shove it down your throat in such an obvious way”? Do you mean to say that there always should only be “white” couples in ads or else there would be some kind of insidious message conveyed to you??
    this ad is about cheerios right? so why not make it about cheerios and not the couples ethnicity? to me, this ad seemed like it was more about saying "hey, we're cheerios and we support diversity, so we're definitely not racist"

also, am not sure why you thought i meant to say that "there always should only be “white” couples in ads". why didn't you think i meant to say there should only be "black" couples in ads? why did you automatically assume i was trying to say "white" couples?

oh and btw: "Asssoul!" i actually like that. i know i should be insulted, but for some weird reason i'm not. not sure why either, but you had to say it, and i'm glad you did

0 out of 2 members liked this post.

Professional Poster

What I always find odd is if the mum was black and the dad was white you would see a lot less hate. I could care less that Ice T's wife is blonde but it stresses some people out but when a french guy dates Halle Berry nobody bats an eye.

Can you not even follow your own logic? Should we think that you can’t even understand what you are writing or the logic of what you’re writing? If you imply that by putting in the ad an “interracial” couple they are conveying a particular message (which is in itself narrow minded and incredibly stupid), you OF COURSE, by logical consequence, mean that if they don’t present a couple “representing” the majority or the average, they will always do the same. There’s no way around that logic! and it’s yours! The formulation of your very sentence implies that. Can’t you even see it? (Can narrow-mindedness and racism be even partly caused by such stupidity? I’m baffled!) The worst in this, is that in your reply, you repeat the same thing differently! The same thing and the same logic! Why are they saying, to you, that they are supporting diversity and “shoving it down your throat” just by the fact that there is an “interracial” couple there? First, it means once again that anything out of the average conveys a particular message! Second, YOU ARE THE ONE TO SEE A PROBLEM WITH THIS!! or something particular!
    You find “Asssoul” to your liking? I suggest you adopt it. It suits you much better.

this ad is about cheerios right? so why not make it about cheerios and not the couples ethnicity? to me, this ad seemed like it was more about saying "hey, we're cheerios and we support diversity, so we're definitely not racist"
    And yes! of course, the publicity is about Cherios! Then why do YOU make it about something else??

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Veteran Poster TatianaSummer's Avatar

what about this one?

I love it!

4 out of 4 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by TatianaSummer View Post
    what about this one?

I love it!

Racist as hell, but hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by TatianaSummer View Post
    what about this one?

I love it!

Yeah! Indeed borderline, like they say on the tittle. I remember that Jello, back then, used to make a whole lot on the fact that their product was shaking, or trembling. They would always show a chunk of trembling Jello as if it was some funny dish to gobble! Of course, those publicity targetted moms and kids. So in this case, the idea is of course that you can't eat this shaking substance with sticks.
    One more note on this: in the 60's, it's incredible how little we knew of Asia! Japanese elements started to enter western culture along that decade, with both bad manufactured products and cartoons. Before, Asia was still surrounded by a cloud of mystery. But from then on, everything changed...