Senior Member Platinum Poster nysprod's Avatar

Default Gender-bending action hero cartoon ‘SheZow’ to debut on children's network The Hub

Children's network The Hub is introducing a new super-heroine named SheZow in an animated series debuting Saturday.

The catch is that SheZow's alter-ego is actually a 12-year-old boy named Guy, who transforms into a female costumed crime-fighter by uttering the phrase "You Go Girl!" and using a power ring inherited from his dead aunt.

"When I first heard about the show, my reaction was 'Are you out of your minds?'" Hub CEO Margaret Loesch told the Los Angeles Times of the series created by "Julius & Friends'" Obie Scott Wade. "Then I looked at it, and I thought 'This is just funny.'"

Not everyone, however, is laughing.

"Nothing says 'child-appropriate material' quite like gender-bending underage superheroes," wrote Ben Shapiro of Breitbart News, calling Loesch a "leftist."

But a spokesman for GLAAD fired back that criticizing the animated series for "promoting" transgender themes is, well, cartoonish.

“This Breitbart News article is just a laughable attempt at attention seeking, comparable to Jerry Falwell attacking the Teletubbies, and demonstrates a profound ignorance of transgender people since this show doesn't include any,” said GLAAD’s Rich Ferraro.

1 out of 2 members liked this post.
    Last edited by nysprod; 05-29-2013 at 10:17 AM.
    Phone keys gum condoms lube...I don’t want to be normal.

Professional Poster lifeisfiction's Avatar

Default Re: Gender-bending action hero cartoon ‘SheZow’ to debut on children's network The Hu

If you ever watched saw the Power Puff girls, there was villain who was trans and they made it very obvious. Him (who was the devil), dressed like a woman and acted like a woman, but was called him. No one ever questioned it.