Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Junior Poster

Default Re: Trans fighter Fallon Fox

Well,she transitioned post-puberty.It looks like ,along with thicker tendons and heavier bones than GG's , she has visibly narrow hips and broad shoulders,

You could definitely see this giving her a mechanical advantage over fighters, in her same weight class ,at punching.

Also,because of her male bone structure, she'd be better at absorbing punishment than her other female competitors.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by APD2 View Post
    Well,she transitioned post-puberty.It looks like ,along with thicker tendons and heavier bones than GG's , she has visibly narrow hips and broad shoulders,

You could definitely see this giving her a mechanical advantage over fighters, in her same weight class ,at punching.

Also,because of her male bone structure, she'd be better at absorbing punishment than her other female competitors.
    This is just not correct information. Your bone structure has nothing to do with absorbing pain. As I said, you lose bone strength and density when you transition as well as being prone to bone loss. Also, it has been argued that wider set hips grant better balance.

Professional Poster Castor_Troy05's Avatar

Can we have Fallon Fox go into the ring against Spencer Fox? I'd love to see that asshat get smashed to the ground

Junior Poster

I wish Fallon Fox all the best in her transition as far as the rest of her life goes, in getting a job, in finding somebody to love, and all that good stuff, but when I watched the clip of the fight, and didn't know she was TG, I thought she looked like a man in drag and the other fighter was at a severe disadvantage.

She may have entered the ring to the song 'Dude looks like a Lady', but she didn't look like one.

I'm glad the UFC, and Ronda Rousey, didn't make a big deal about giving a lesbian fighter a chance to win the title. I'm glad that one day a male UFC fighter will come out and it won't be that big a deal.

But, I look at Fallon Fox and I think she's got an advantage over her competitors because she was born a male. Maybe it's because she transitioned so late in her life, in her early 30's. I think it's unfair in a fight. And I don't think less of any female opponent that agrees.

1 out of 2 members liked this post.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by AmyDaly View Post
    This is just not correct information. Your bone structure has nothing to do with absorbing pain.
    Not really to do anything with pain. Males generally have heavier jaws and skulls than women .Lets say a male and female fighter ,at the same weight, are punched or kicked in the head with the same force. The male fighter will-as a rule-take the shot better than the female.

As I said, you lose bone strength and density when you transition as well as being prone to bone loss.
    I don't think bone loss is a factor here for a transwoman,in her thirties , who's getting proper medical treatment.Correct me if I'm wrong,but osteoporosis is only a major issue if you don't receive an external supply of oestrogen .

Also, it has been argued that wider set hips grant better balance.
    They could give you better balance,but they won't help you throw a punch better.

A lot of the energy for a punch is generated by planting the feet and rotating the hips and thighs .

If you look at male and female skeleton, you'll see that in females the femurs slops inwards,wile the males the legs go straight-up.This means any rotational energy from the legs can delivered with far greater smoothness and efficiency by a male.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    Last edited by APD2; 05-29-2013 at 03:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by APD2 View Post
    Not really to do anything with pain. Males generally have heavier jaws and skulls than women .Lets say a male and female fighter ,at the same weight, are punched or kicked in the head with the same force. The male fighter will-as a rule-take the shot better than the female.

I don't think bone loss is a factor here for a transwoman,in her thirties , who's getting proper medical treatment.Correct me if I'm wrong,but osteoporosis is only a major issue if you don't receive an external supply of oestrogen .

They could give you better balance,but they won't help you throw a punch better.

A lot of the energy for a punch is generated by planting the feet and rotating the hips and thighs .

If you look at male and female skeleton, you'll see that in females the femurs slops inwards,wile the males the legs go straight-up.This means any rotational energy from the legs can delivered with far greater smoothness and efficiency by a male.
    you may be right in some regards, but what ever small advantage it might be may be negligible or even balanced out by any disadvantages she has fighting other females as a transwoman such as lower testosterone rates, less flexibility, and any damage HRT and SRS does to the body. Also, the NCAA and IOC have both already made decisions on trans athletes and I highly doubt either organization would make decisions without careful thought and evidence to support it.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by AmyDaly View Post
    you may be right in some regards, but what ever small advantage it might be may be negligible or even balanced out by any disadvantages she has fighting other females as a transwoman such as lower testosterone rates, less flexibility, and any damage HRT and SRS does to the body. Also, the NCAA and IOC have both already made decisions on trans athletes and I highly doubt either organization would make decisions without careful thought and evidence to support it.
    With respect, the NCAA and IOC don't have all that many combative arts. The Olympics just got rid of wrestling. Even the combative arts are only sort-of combative, and have plenty of padding and rules to avoid injury, but MMA has exposed elbows, knees and feet. And joints getting popped out of sockets when competitors refuse to tap, like when Ronda Rousey dislocated Meisha Tate's elbow. The potential damage is so much higher.

I'd hate to see one of her opponents get hurt just to make Fallon feel better about herself. Especially since Fallon never competed as a man, she deserves her asterisk.

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Queens Guy View Post
    With respect, the NCAA and IOC don't have all that many combative arts. The Olympics just got rid of wrestling. Even the combative arts are only sort-of combative, and have plenty of padding and rules to avoid injury, but MMA has exposed elbows, knees and feet. And joints getting popped out of sockets when competitors refuse to tap, like when Ronda Rousey dislocated Meisha Tate's elbow. The potential damage is so much higher.

I'd hate to see one of her opponents get hurt just to make Fallon feel better about herself. Especially since Fallon never competed as a man, she deserves her asterisk.
    If the NCAA and IOC had MMA, transwomen would be fighting there too since those are there rules. Nearly every sport has physical contact. How could you hate to see one of her opponents get hurt "just to make fallon feel better about herself". Feel better how? You mean feel better as in to be treated as any human being should be treated? Like the gender that they are? She wants to participate in MMA and does not belong fighting men. Period. Not only that, but its MMA. Someone IS going to get hurt and just because people don't really see fallon as a woman, they deem it as a man beating up on a woman and can't see past that. It is disgusting to hear the boo's at her and the entrance song played by the other woman she fought.

You are only counting a few negligible advantages that aren't even proven to be real advantages or even known at all. The bone structure bs that everyone always uses is exactly that(bs) seeing as how the actual bone strength and density does infact change. Aside from that, as I said in a previous comment, any advantages that Fallon MAY have that aren't even proven, she definitely has proven disadvantages such as a lower testosterone level, narrower hips and any damage caused by taking hormone replacement therapy and having SRS, which is a major surgery to the groin area. Nobody wants to see these disadvantages she has because they can't get over that in their mind she is really a man.

Every fighter goes in to a fight at some type of advantage or disadvantage. It could be their height or reach or even ethnicity. Perhaps Tall Basketball players should be in a league of their own since the players born shorter are at a disadvantage. Maybe we shouldn't allow Kenyan runners because they just always so fast and can run forever without tiring. Men with long arms can only fight other men with long arms because they were born with an advantage. All of this seems ridiculous, but you throw in a transsexual and wooooah then it starts to make sense because well (Nobody really thinks they are women). What if Fallon wasn't a transsexual and was just a woman with kleinfelters or an intersex condition that caused her to have a male bone-structure, but otherwise was completely female. Nobody would care one bit.

I already said it on twitter, but she is the Jackie Robinson of Trans Athletes and she needs support. Not this jump to conclusions stuff that is going on with no knowledge of the topic what so ever.

Like I also said earlier. It should be on a case by case basis. A late transitioner in life who is 6 foot 2 and built like a football player OBVIOUSLY has an unfair advantage and should respect her fellow athletes and be realistic about that. However, if Fallon never came out, nobody would have any idea she was trans or think she had some type of unfair advantage. Does she have any advantage? It's really up for debate, but compared with her disadvantages, I wouldn't say so. Even if she did have an advantage, it wouldn't be an unfair one. If anything, it would liken to having a longer reach than her opponent.

1 out of 2 members liked this post.

The Voluptuous Diva 5 Star Poster TSMichelleAustin's Avatar

I actually knew Fallon before she transitioned. I know things, I lived with her. She was a very masculine man. Had a lot of muscle, her voice was super deep. Unreconizable. She was in military, I honestly think Ed has some point. Fallon also transitioned fast and in her late 20s. I'm happy to see her fighting the cause to have trans fight but I think Ed has some valid points.

Senior Member Veteran Poster ImmerGeil's Avatar

I watch the fights and it's just unfair.It's a huge difference if someone is doing hormones and doing post op before the adolescensce and someone like Fallon who had all the advantages of doing the transition much later.She also looks not very feminine. Compare her to Kim Petras

Good clip from Joe Rogan about Fallon Fox
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=k6_7BOGUXHM
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fallon_fox_large_verge_medium_landscape.jpg 
Views:	327 
Size:	128.3 KB 
ID:	585793  

1 out of 1 members liked this post.