Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Silver Poster

Default Trans fighter Fallon Fox

I watched this fight and it was clear she had an advantage. She looks like a woman but imo her punches looked like those of a guy. Straight, sharp and through the target.

I am not big into MMA but will watch her next fight to see if it changes my opinion again. I liked how the particular governing body stood up for her, though.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-ca...W4tVVM-;_ylv=3

1 out of 4 members liked this post.
    I've neverdone good things
    I've never done bad things
    I've never done anything out of the blue

Default Re: Trans fighter Fallon Fox

My cousin Trent Mccown was at CFA 11 fighting one of the under card events and he said that she was getting it rough from fans there with lots of boo'ing and harsh comments at the press conference and weigh in's.

Also the CFA facebook page the comments were so bad I had to leave as it was making me beyond angry.

2009 AVN Transsexual Performer of the Year!!
    2010 XBIZ TS Performer of the Year

My Website:
    http://www.hotwendywilliams.com

Blogs:
    http://www.wendywilliamsblog.com

Fucking disgusting behaviour.

Yup the average MMA fan is not the most tolerant sort. I think Fallon is a pioneer and she has a tough road ahead. I hope things will go great for her and this helps others understand more about transitioning.

till we fucking overdose Gold Poster amberskyi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed_jaxon View Post
    I watched this fight and it was clear she had an advantage. She looks like a woman but imo her punches looked like those of a guy. Straight, sharp and through the target.

I am not big into MMA but will watch her next fight to see if it changes my opinion again. I liked how the particular governing body stood up for her, though.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-ca...W4tVVM-;_ylv=3
    That's very sexist of you lmao.
    So because her punches were better its a product of her past as a man and not a good coach?
    For someone who's been around the girls for so long i thought of all people you would of had a better understanding of transitioning and what it does to the body.

1 out of 5 members liked this post.

I watched the fight too and I couldn't agree with you less ed. She just looked like she was better. The other girl was on the defense the whole time, but I didn't see anything there that seemed like she just had an advantage. I don't even think she was much bigger than the other girl.

and as far as her other wins go, I read that the girl she knocked out got knocked out even faster in the fight she had before she fought fallon! I think all this anti-fallon stuff is borderline misogynist if you actually have any idea on the effects of hormones on transwomen. Especially transwomen that have been on hormones for around 10 years and didn't transition too late in life.

I was really wishing she would just lose to prove a point, but if I were her I wouldn't want to lose a match just because my opponent wasn't as good and people wanted me to prove a point.

0 out of 4 members liked this post.

Silver Poster

Not to get too deep here but while I agree with somethings said here I have to rely some on what I have learned and can look up.

While hormones have undoubtably had a major affect on Fallon, some things cannot be changed such as bone structure, specifically her shoulder structure. When I saw her throw a punch (2:19) there was something decidely different about her shoulder angle than her opponent.

Having been around baseball and softball players there are differences in the structure.

A softball pitcher throws a ball underhanded and can reach speeds of upwards of 70 mph. Ardolis Chapman of Cincy busted off a fastball at 105 overhanded.

Better? Not at all. He's throwing from 60'6'' while a softball player is throwing from 43'. College softball pitcher struck out Reggie Jackson and mad him look bad. Eventually we will have a pro athlete who is a woman but more likely than not the initial pioneer will be a kicker, a knuckleballer or a guard in basketball. Not being mysoginistic, just realistic. Those sports that have no physical advantage have already had the gender line broken, (Horse Racing, Auto Racing and Golf come to mind).

I was real careful to say "in my opinion" and after looking up some research I still think there is a difference in the shoulders which leads to a different punch style.

Now as to whether she was a better fighter or not, she won, but her opponent was great at escaping and actually seemed more skilled.

Amy, the hormones have an effect on Fallon and the article even goes into what the effects are, but to say she does not have other advantages physiologically is almost as bad as saying the hormones have no effect and she is still a man. There have been several athletes who are transgendered and have competed with men on a high level. Thai boxer, South Pacific soccer player and others come to mind but this is different.
    I did not hear the boos nor did I read the comments but I think its great she has gotten a chance to show what she can do.

I've neverdone good things
    I've never done bad things
    I've never done anything out of the blue

Fair play to Fallon for stepping up against the backdrop of such a tough public domain.

Her toughest fight in every contest, is probably the one she has to fight before stepping into the cage.

Another pioneer and all the best to her.

Evie this bad boys just for you, and good luck with everything xxx

Not to get too deep here but while I agree with somethings said here I have to rely some on what I have learned and can look up.

While hormones have undoubtably had a major affect on Fallon, some things cannot be changed such as bone structure, specifically her shoulder structure. When I saw her throw a punch (2:19) there was something decidely different about her shoulder angle than her opponent.

Having been around baseball and softball players there are differences in the structure.

A softball pitcher throws a ball underhanded and can reach speeds of upwards of 70 mph. Ardolis Chapman of Cincy busted off a fastball at 105 overhanded.

Better? Not at all. He's throwing from 60'6'' while a softball player is throwing from 43'. College softball pitcher struck out Reggie Jackson and mad him look bad. Eventually we will have a pro athlete who is a woman but more likely than not the initial pioneer will be a kicker, a knuckleballer or a guard in basketball. Not being mysoginistic, just realistic. Those sports that have no physical advantage have already had the gender line broken, (Horse Racing, Auto Racing and Golf come to mind).

I was real careful to say "in my opinion" and after looking up some research I still think there is a difference in the shoulders which leads to a different punch style.

Now as to whether she was a better fighter or not, she won, but her opponent was great at escaping and actually seemed more skilled.

Amy, the hormones have an effect on Fallon and the article even goes into what the effects are, but to say she does not have other advantages physiologically is almost as bad as saying the hormones have no effect and she is still a man. There have been several athletes who are transgendered and have competed with men on a high level. Thai boxer, South Pacific soccer player and others come to mind but this is different.
    I did not hear the boos nor did I read the comments but I think its great she has gotten a chance to show what she can do.

I think it should be on a case by case basis quite honestly. I think every transwoman's transition timeline and structure will be different. I just don't know what difference the size of actual bones is going to make with out the muscle strength to back it up. Especially considering most transwomen on a proper HRT regimen will have less testosterone in their bodies than natal women. Also, you must consider that the bone structure of a transwoman does in fact change. Bone density and strength changes to that of a cisgendered female. The only thing really left is the actual structure or size, but even that may shrink as transwomen are also prone to bone loss.

For someone who transitions at a rather early age, chances are they aren't going to have any advantage unless they grew really quickly or was a huge football player as a teen or something like that. Now if you are a 30 or 40 or 50 year old transitioner, then you are most likely going to have some advantage. But to someone transitioning in their teens or early 20's even, it will be a lot different.

0 out of 2 members liked this post.

till we fucking overdose Gold Poster amberskyi's Avatar

Actually depending on how young someone starts taking hormones it can effect the way ones skeleton develops