Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Senior Member Platinum Poster nysprod's Avatar

Default Re: Is meth still a big problem with Thai ladyboys?

Quote Originally Posted by dderek123 View Post
    Oh most definitely. Their life isn't glamorous at all. And if you try something like that a couple of times you're hooked on it. I've never done it but cigarrettes got their hooks into me up until 2 months ago. I still get nasty cravings once in a while unfortunately.

"Ya ba" is a pretty big problem over there. Some coworkers I knew would do it while on a bender to keep the party going. In the news over there once in a while you'll hear of a large delivery truck causing a huge accident. Most of the time the cops find out he was on ya ba for the past 3 days.
    I haven't had a chance to watch the entire video yet...the first few minutes made me sick, but not for the reason you may think:

Shit like this is propaganda, put out by the government to make it look like it's doing something by busting a few kids who use and deal tiny amounts.

No doubt the big operators in manufacture and distribution are paying off government officials and police...people in power on both sides of the legal spectrum in bed with each other. The world's second oldest profession.

0 out of 1 members liked this post.
    Last edited by nysprod; 05-26-2013 at 04:53 PM.
    Phone keys gum condoms lube...I don’t want to be normal.

[QUOTE=dderek123;1329770]Oh most definitely. Their life isn't glamorous at all. /QUOTE]

If I may say, the other thing they find uncomfortable is that, basically, to an Asian, Westerners smell. Part of it is the diet and part of it is, unfortunately, hygiene. Paper is not enough, chaps. Use the little garden hose thing you'll see at the side of any modern Asian wc...or the little bucket and tap in the older ones. And change clothes several times a day. Fresh fresh fresh. (I know you'll shower before the act -- she'll insist-- but anyway.) Southeast Asians--and certainly Thais and Flips...are hyper clean.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Member Rookie Poster

I'm with Libby. Drugs have destroyed our society in the UK, other countries too. Feel sorry for the Thai community

Quote Originally Posted by bugklappe View Post
    I'm with Libby. Drugs have destroyed our society in the UK, other countries too. Feel sorry for the Thai community
    So you're teetotal and don't smoke, right?

Senior Member Junior Poster

Some drugs are worse than others. Meth is one to avoid at all costs. Does some permanent and serious physical and mental damage.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

[quote=MacShreach;1329785]
    Oh most definitely. Their life isn't glamorous at all. /QUOTE]

If I may say, the other thing they find uncomfortable is that, basically, to an Asian, Westerners smell. Part of it is the diet and part of it is, unfortunately, hygiene. Paper is not enough, chaps. Use the little garden hose thing you'll see at the side of any modern Asian wc.
    Yep, I like to call it the "bum gun". A few blasts with that and you're super clean usually. In my next place I'll be getting one installed. One of the many things I miss about Thailand.

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

[quote=dderek123;1329818]
    Quote Originally Posted by MacShreach View Post

Yep, I like to call it the "bum gun". A few blasts with that and you're super clean usually. In my next place I'll be getting one installed. One of the many things I miss about Thailand.

I've had one of those installed in every house I've owned since living in Thailand - although now I've upgraded to the Japanese Toto Washlet. Far more hygienic.

http://www.totousa.com/Washlet/S400.aspx

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by nysprod View Post
    I haven't had a chance to watch the entire video yet...the first few minutes made me sick, but not for the reason you may think:

Shit like this is propaganda, put out by the government to make it look like it's doing something by busting a few kids who use and deal tiny amounts.

No doubt the big operators in manufacture and distribution are paying off government officials and police...people in power on both sides of the legal spectrum in bed with each other. The world's second oldest profession.
    Fair enough. I found the information to be a little dated in the video. There was a big crackdown under Thaksin where a lot of people just disappeared into thin air. It's in the wiki article. That happened before I came to Thailand. But when I did live there I still noticed the effects of meth around the country like I mentioned earlier. I don't think "tiny amounts" were the case and the negative aspects of that lifestyle could be seen by your own eyes while walking down the street.

But hey I grew up in suburbia in Canada. I haven't been to that many countries yet. In Nova Scotia you can find the effects of meth if you end up on the bad side of town. The situation in Thailand struck me as pretty much the same.

Last edited by dderek123; 05-26-2013 at 07:01 PM.

Senior Member Platinum Poster nysprod's Avatar

Fair enough. I found the information to be a little dated in the video. There was a big crackdown under Thaksin where a lot of people just disappeared into thin air. It's in the wiki article. That happened before I came to Thailand. But when I did live there I still noticed the effects of meth around the country like I mentioned earlier. I don't think "tiny amounts" were the case and the negative aspects of that lifestyle could be seen by your own eyes while walking down the street.

But hey I grew up in suburbia in Canada. I haven't been to that many countries yet. In Nova Scotia you can find the effects of meth if you end up on the bad side of town. The situation in Thailand struck me as pretty much the same.
    Oh, no doubt meth is a very dangerous drug, especially when smoked, and it's terrible to think of young kids getting fucked up from it...I suspect the government will become more pro-active as it becomes an even bigger problem than it already is amongst the children from elite families.

0 out of 1 members liked this post.
    Phone keys gum condoms lube...I don’t want to be normal.

[quote=seanchai;1329820]

I've had one of those installed in every house I've owned since living in Thailand - although now I've upgraded to the Japanese Toto Washlet. Far more hygienic.

http://www.totousa.com/Washlet/S400.aspx
    Nice! I gotta get something like that.