Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Freudian Slip Platinum Poster Wendy Summers's Avatar

Default Re: Steak 'n Shake coming to California!

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower View Post
    You folks have all the burger joints out in L.A.
    Is that really a good thing?

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy Summers View Post
    Is that really a good thing?

No......yes!!

Senior Member Silver Poster EvaCassini's Avatar

Five Guys is great, but they are butt fuckin expensive.

Steak N Shake isn't something to be...happy about. It's a mass-produced cesspool of 'Merican radioactive beef pucks and artery clogging death fries ( especially with the cheese sauce ). Same goes for McDonalds, Burgerking, and hell...there's even joints in LA called FATBurger!!! Lol WTF? Hahaha

"Hey guys, lets all try to pile in into my Econoline van, drive 2 blocks to FATBurger and have the fattiest, greasiest, Triple Deluxe Gristle Blubber Burger, with an extra large Fat Fuck Fries!" ........lol...but it is true, and it is sad.

.......sigh.......'Merica.

Member Rookie Poster

It's all about context. People who indulge in stuff like that on a constant basis and treat it as a casual thing are doing themselves a disservice. On the other hand, if I've eaten healthy all week and get a meal at steak n shake after running the stadium bleachers for an hour on Saturday, I can't see the harm. Also, fast food restaurants are the common target of such public service witch hunts, but it's the sit down restaurants like Applebee's, chili's, and Fridays that sell you a burger three times as big with bacon and cheese and a quart of fries. Makes a Wendy burger and medium fries look like nothing.

Wink Re: Steak 'n Shake coming to California!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigshot88 View Post
    It's all about context. People who indulge in stuff like that on a constant basis and treat it as a casual thing are doing themselves a disservice. On the other hand, if I've eaten healthy all week and get a meal at steak n shake after running the stadium bleachers for an hour on Saturday, I can't see the harm. Also, fast food restaurants are the common target of such public service witch hunts, but it's the sit down restaurants like Applebee's, chili's, and Fridays that sell you a burger three times as big with bacon and cheese and a quart of fries. Makes a Wendy burger and medium fries look like nothing.
    I agree...."fast food" is fine once in a blue moon as long as one eats healthy between and constantly exercises. Doing a lot of cardio basically negates you having one Fatty MacFatterson meal per week-ish.

Also, when I say exercise...I don't mean curling with a Snickers Bar, or getting up from your gaming chair to go grab another Snickers, eat it ( by curling ) then getting back up again to drop off a box of Snickers in the nearest friendly Convenience Store washroom.

I mean...Get up off you fat preserving ass and go walk, run, or sprint around a few blocks, go to the gym and USE a treadmill, instead of staring at the hot girl on one with her tits bouncing.

Morning! I just woke up, and now I have my coffee! HAHAHAHAHAHAH

Senior Member 5 Star Poster

This place is pretty good. . . Steal and Shake can suck it

http://m.yelp.com/biz/howards-famous...rs-los-angeles

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by EvaCassini View Post
    Five Guys is great, but they are butt fuckin expensive.

Steak N Shake isn't something to be...happy about. It's a mass-produced cesspool of 'Merican radioactive beef pucks and artery clogging death fries ( especially with the cheese sauce ). Same goes for McDonalds, Burgerking, and hell...there's even joints in LA called FATBurger!!! Lol WTF? Hahaha

"Hey guys, lets all try to pile in into my Econoline van, drive 2 blocks to FATBurger and have the fattiest, greasiest, Triple Deluxe Gristle Blubber Burger, with an extra large Fat Fuck Fries!" ........lol...but it is true, and it is sad.

.......sigh.......'Merica.
    Steak N Shake is many things, but they aren't "pucks." They are cooked from fresh meat - not frozen hockey pucks like Mickey D's.

Quote Originally Posted by duplicatt View Post
    Steak N Shake is many things, but they aren't "pucks." They are cooked from fresh meat - not frozen hockey pucks like Mickey D's.
    I consider any fast food as, not great food. Its easier and healthier and cheaper to just shop at your local grocer and buy REAL food and cook it at home.

Hell, even Subway, being "fast food", isn't good. Their adverts only suggest eating at the establishment and you will lose weight, BUT people only see what they want to see and they'll get a 12" packed with meats and cheeses, mayo, avocado, spinach, salt, and more cheese ( not realizing the amount a calories they just ingested ), AND get a diet soda...and go on thinking they are eating healthy because, "Oh, it's Subway!" BUT they won't exercise ( to burn off what they consume and build lean muscle...which in turn burns fat ), because they are propagandized to think that if they just eat Subway, they will lose weight but no, they won't.

Senior Member 5 Star Poster

Cali already has one over-hyped, doesn't-deserve-the-reputation burger chain

It's called In 'n' Out. I use it as a litmus test- if someone tells me the burgers are good. I make a mental note that said person has lost all sense of taste and should never be consulted regarding culinary matters

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

I rely on this man, George Motz, to let me know where great burgers can be found across America. He's written a book about it and episodes of Burger Land can be seen on the travel channel. http://www.travelchannel.com/tv-shows/burger-land I never travel anywhere without checking to see if some joint I've seen on the Food Network or Travel Channel is en route or at my destination.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	burger-land-108-mississippi-ep_476x268.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	25.1 KB 
ID:	583398