Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Senior Member Silver Poster EvaCassini's Avatar

Default Re: John Hurt as The Doctor!!! :D

all i can say to that is...... Thanks Moffett, for putting my brain through a meat grinder again! LMAO

Junior Poster

Some have pointed out that Hurt appears to be wearing an Eccleston style leather jacket during the filming for the 50th, so it would be reasonable to assume he occurs just before the 9th Dr.

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

Is the assumption that when the series returns John Hurt will be the new doctor? The narrative of the series has been so utterly incomprehensible for quite some time now that anything is possible.

Personally I'd like to see Bert or Ernie from Sesame Street as the new doctor.

Rookie Poster

Ecstatic, while I personally would have no prob with Hurt being an older McGann, McGann's Doctor has been glimpsed numerous times in the new Who episodes and Clara said he saw all the Doctors except Hurt (hmm, future incarnations?) so I doubt Hurt will be McGann as Clara would have seen him age at various points along the Doctor's timeline.

Howevere, there have been rumours of a sequence featuring McGann regenerating into Hurt but this could be false...or turning up in November. I'd personally like to see McGann back for at least one episode just to make him more than a once-off Doctor. Incidentally, regarding Hurt wearing Ecclestone's jacket: McGann does audio Who books and now sports a look very close to Ecclestone's, uncluding that kleather jacket...

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

How about a female doctor... or dare i say it a transsexual. it's about time....

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Professional Poster francisfkudrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prospero View Post
    How about a female doctor... or dare i say it a transsexual. it's about time....
    There was rumor at one time about Joanna Lumley being the Doctor. She's a female that could pass for a transsexual.

Senior Member Silver Poster EvaCassini's Avatar

If you are a Whovian, as well as a Rowan Atkinson fan, Hugh Grant fan and/or a fan of Jonathan Pryce and Joanna Lumley. Then you'll love this! Forgive the length but well worth watching! I wouldn't steer you wrong

Quote Originally Posted by danifan View Post
    Ecstatic, while I personally would have no prob with Hurt being an older McGann, McGann's Doctor has been glimpsed numerous times in the new Who episodes and Clara said he saw all the Doctors except Hurt (hmm, future incarnations?) so I doubt Hurt will be McGann as Clara would have seen him age at various points along the Doctor's timeline.
    The Doctor is (according to the current storyline, which I dispute) around 1200 years old. Given such a vast lifetime (and which in fact is probably at least 1000 short of the mark), there is no way Clara could've seen him at all points along his timeline (to do so would take about 1200 years--think about it). So it is entirely possible that, while she glimpsed the Doctor during each prior incarnation, she completely missed huge spans of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by danifan View Post
    Howevere, there have been rumours of a sequence featuring McGann regenerating into Hurt but this could be false...or turning up in November. I'd personally like to see McGann back for at least one episode just to make him more than a once-off Doctor. Incidentally, regarding Hurt wearing Ecclestone's jacket: McGann does audio Who books and now sports a look very close to Ecclestone's, uncluding that kleather jacket...
    Yes, something needs to be done to make McGann more than a once-off Doctor, and this is the perfect setup, leading into the Eccleston and Tennant eras (and along the way helping to explain Nine's shorter time as the Doctor, though in reality that was simply because Eccleston didn't want to pursue the role). The Time War is far and away the biggest gap in Time Lord lore, and Eight by far the most minimal and least canonical of the Doctors. Otherwise, McGann's Doctor should be no more canonical than Peter Cushing's (excepting the regeneration scene with Sylvester McCoy).

queer slut Junior Poster

I'd be very happy to see more of Eight.

I don't think the time war is the biggest gap since we don't know how long the Doctor lived prior to taking the tardis and leaving in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by smoothboi View Post
    I'd be very happy to see more of Eight.

I don't think the time war is the biggest gap since we don't know how long the Doctor lived prior to taking the tardis and leaving in the first place.
    Allow me to amend that to "the biggest gap in the established chronicles." And by biggest, I mean most significant. There are many others, from what became of Romana to what transpired on the planet of the Seveteem before he met Leela, with the mountain shaped in his image (The Face of Evil) and the computer program based on his intelligence. And many, many more. But the Time War stands out, especially in the new era.

As for his early years, while virtually nothing is known for certain (was Susan Foreman actually his granddaughter? Then what of his wife/partner and his own child(ren)?), Romana once noted, when the Doctor was 759 years old, he had been travelling in the TARDIS for 523 years, which would have made him 236 when he stole the TARDISand left Gallifrey.

Last edited by Ecstatic; 05-21-2013 at 01:58 AM. Reason: add episode title