Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    Senior Member Veteran Poster Corran's Avatar

Default Re: Star Trek Into Darkness

Quote Originally Posted by BBaggins06 View Post
    LOL I refused to watch the reboot and there is no chance I'll watch this waste of celluloid. Anything remotely resembling coherency or intelligence in an Abrams movie is purely coincidental. This is the man who puked up Armageddon, Cloverfield & Felicity into the world. I'd rather watch Kelly Shore dance in the old HA chat room ...
    Cloverfield was cool.

Senior Member Professional Poster

Get Steamed you Geeks

Sammi Valentine's Personal Fat Bastard & Self Appointed Teddy Bear Of Tatiana Summer & Evon Rose's Date To The 4th Annual Tranny Awards .... I Hope .

Junior Poster Sulka_bewitched_me's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBellucci View Post
    Armageddon was from Michael Bay and Jerry Bruckheimer. JJ was just one screen writer. And JJ did also give us Lost and Fringe, so he's not the WORST producer/director in show business.

I think The Traveler might disagree with you.

~BB~

PS: Leeeeave Armageddon Aloooooone! <3
    OMG!!!!!! I totally forgot about that horrid character/episode. Bella, you truly are a Sci-Fi>

Last edited by Sulka_bewitched_me; 05-19-2013 at 07:41 PM.

Member Rookie Poster volkov2006's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBellucci View Post
    Great. Now how about your analysis of the movie we're actually discussing?

~BB~
    Okay I just saw the movie last night and here is my hardcore Star Trek fan analysis.

In my opinion it was horrible! Extremely horrible! Reasons:

WARNING SPOILERS!WARNING SPOILERS!WARNING SPOILERS!

1: They are trying to stay true to the Prime Directive by not letting the indigenous population see them. A few problems with that that "Spock" did not mention. If the indigenous population is on the verge of extinction by a natural disaster and is not technologically advanced enough to stop it, they are not allowed and can not interfere.

2: The "cold fusion" devise that "Spock" uses makes absolutely no sense. The Enterprises impulse engines are powered by cold fusion reactors, why would this device act like a cryo bomb device. Also freezing the volcano would that also not freeze the entire mantel of the planet dooming if further?

3: The Enterprise under water, 1: the nacelles would be torn off from the nacelle struts( this ship was designed for space travel not going into a gas giant or an ocean). 2: The salt water would get into the Bussard collectors and cause problems to the overall operation of the ship.

4: Starfleets uniforms are way to militaristic, they are explorers not soldiers, they remind me of WWII German Army uniforms.

5: "Spock" and "Uhura"s relationship would not be allowed on ship it interferes with the way they preform their duties.

6: "Khan" was located in deep space during Kirks historic 5-year mission and they just stumbled on to the SS Botany Bay. How did the Admiral find him so easily?

7: Since when does the Enterprise have missile tubes, it is an exploration vessel not a combat vessel.

8: Transporting from London to Qo'noS, really why have starship then? To have transwarp transporting you first must understand transwarp technology. Last I looked Starfleet did not have transwarp capabilities, only the Borg did, and Starfleet does not use Borg tech.

9: Personal communicators have a range that reaches from Klingon space to Earth? Last I looked they were used for surface to ship and internal ship communications only. They are not cell phones.

10: The Ketha province on Qo'noS was uninhabited? Last I looked that is where the House of Martok lives. And the Klingons that were there were not of the House of Martok the brow ridges are completely wrong.

11: Praxis is apparently in contact with the Qo'noS how are those two planetoids still in one piece, the gravametric shear would tear them both apart.

12: Why is there still disease on Earth? After first contact poverty, DISEASE, and war are all gone.

13: "Khan" was way to emotional and brutal. He was also messy when he attached the emergency council why use a ship that have pulse like phasers, why not a bomb of a projectile that could take the whole room out at once? He is supposed to be a genius.

14: "Spock" melds with "Pike" without consent, yes Spock does that with McKoy in TWOK to save his contra. What this "Spock" did is considered in Vulcan philosophy a form of rape.

15: Section 31 was way to messy in my opinion.

16: A secret shipyard in orbit of a Jupiter moon? Apparently Jupiter Station could not see it?

17: I hate the Enterprise warp core design is laughable at best and makes absolutely no sense if you understand the way warp drive functions.

18: The Enterprise brig apparently does not use force fields any more? Why are they using what I can tell is transparent aluminum, and if it is how does that hole thingy move trough it?

19: How did the Enterprise make it though the Neutral Zone with out the Klingons not see them coming, and they were adrift in Klingon space for how long with out being found.

20: "Pike" was give command of the Enterprise again, he was a cripple he would not have been chosen for the new captain. Captains are like astronauts they have to be in good physical condition.

21: Starfleet/Federation does not have nor believes in the death penalty.

22: Karol Marcus is a scientist and not a part of Starfleet and does not like Starfleet.

23: The design of the Klingon bat'leth looks hideous, the original one was much better.

24: "Spock" yelling "Khan" seems way to forced and in completely out of character.

25: Starfleet does not allow augments such as "Khan" to serve in Starfleet. When Kirk is saved using "Khan"s blood even though it does not change his personality or physical ability, but non the less makes him partly augment and would be striped of command until at least he went through extensive testing and even then may be discharged from Starfleet.

26: Starfleet ships using pulse phasers instead of the beam variant? Starfleet does not develop pulse phasers until the 24th century for the Defiant class.

27: Weapons are now superficial attachments on starships now rather than internal systems?

28: "Khan" says that he was put into stasis 300 years ago? That would put him in the late 1800s around 1896. We did not have the ability to make genetically engineered humans at that point let alone cryo stasis devices. In TWOK he says that he was sent into space in the year 1996, which to me makes much more sense than 1896 just saying.

Did you say Hard Core ?

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    Sammi Valentine's Personal Fat Bastard & Self Appointed Teddy Bear Of Tatiana Summer & Evon Rose's Date To The 4th Annual Tranny Awards .... I Hope .

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Just got back from it. It's a fun ride, not too deep (though I'd say it was mainly about what people are willing to do or not do and what is ethical for people to do or not do for their perceived families. There was also some tie in to current day questions of whether or not terrorists deserve trials). Way too much emphasis on Kirk, way too little on Benedict Cumberbatch (be still my heart). If you are at all drawn to science fiction, you'd probably find it worth seeing; I am and I did.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by volkov2006 View Post
    Okay I just saw the movie last night and here is my hardcore Star Trek fan analysis.

In my opinion it was horrible! Extremely horrible! Reasons:

WARNING SPOILERS!WARNING SPOILERS!WARNING SPOILERS!
    1.) Agreed
    2.) Agreed that it doesn't make sense
    3.) Agreed that it is impossible. It was supposed to be "cool" scenes.
    4.) Remember, Starfleet changed since the USS Kelvin was blown up by a powerful ship. Starfleet has become more militaristic.
    5.) Something similar happened on Enterprise with Tucker and T'Pol. So, there is some leeway on this matter.
    6.) Section 31 did deep space scans of unknown space to find the ship. Starfleet's technology jumped ahead because the USS Kelvin performed scans of the Narada.
    7.) USS Enterprise was probably refitted after the Narada battle. Again, Starfleet has become slighty more militaristic.
    8.) Remember Star Trek? Spock told Scott how to do transwrap transportation and Scott used it to beam onto a ship with Kirk. Apparently, Scott told Starfleet about the technology; however, Starfleet made it top secret.
    11.) Praxis was fan service. And, it was a moon of Qo'nos.
    13.) Khan went crazy like he did in the Wrath of Khan. He was cracking skulls with his hands.
    15.) Section 31 has always been messy. In Deep Space Nine, they tried to examinate a species through biological warfare.
    21.) Admiral Marcus, the bad guy, wanted him dead because he would of exposed his secrets if captured.
    22.) The timeline was changed; therefore, there is a chance that attitudes changed too.
    24.) Fan service and to show that this is an alternate universe.
    25.) Some time passed since he got a blood transfusion before he started the 5 year mission. Maybe he was cleared during that time? Additionally, Bashir was allowed to serve in Starfleet.
    26.) Which ships used pulse cannons?
    28.) McCoy isn't a math professor!

STARFLEET is militaristic . It always has been . It is not only Research & Explorative, it is a PEACEKEEPING service . It may be more defensive than offensive, but in the end there is little difference when the shit hits the fan . STARFLEET is a Naval Service . It has FLEET in it's name . It's ranks are Naval . Not only do Navies have Military Duties, they have Exploration, Research & Scientific ones aswell . Even the smallest Navies on Earth have a Oceanographic Survey or Research Vessel of some type .

When the United States Military finally gets into Space it will be the Navy, not the Air Force that is charge . As far as Land/Planetary Forces are concerned, they will again fall under the Navy by way of the Marines . Space/Planetary Fighters, Bombers, Small Craft etc will fail under Naval Aviation with a Marine Section aswell . Any Space Force that is created afterward will be nothing more than an offshoot branch/service off the Navy .

STARFLEET has a Marine Corps . Kirk mentioned them before the Away Team went down to Kronos . STARFLEET International, the Largest Star Trek Fan Club ( Officially Licensed and recognized by Paramount and the Roddenberry Estate ) has a separate branch called the STARFLEET Marine Corps. / SFMC . They have been around for 3 decades . They use Civil Air Patrol Ribbon Medals for their Fruit Salad . CAP doesn't like it to much but they can't do anything about it . SFMC members make no qualms about being a Military Group .

There were some fans that I know that were considering making a custom colored TNG/DS9 uniform . They were going to be STARFLEET Research & Development . That was just their cover . They were actually going to STARFLEET Intelligence . You don't think that the TOS 5 year mission was for Kirk to fuck every female alien he came into contact with ? The data they collected had to go somewhere . Remember the Genesis Planet ? In ST3 McCoy was asking questions about it and as a result was making certain people very concerned . Who were those people ? It is not hard to figure out .

As far Missile Tubes go, who saw TUSC/ST6 ?

Bat'lith .... I d on't remember seeing one and I was looking . Then again I have a costume made one myself . Mine is awesome and it gets a lot of attention ....... lmao

Junior Poster Sulka_bewitched_me's Avatar

Hmm..... I wonder if there's a correlation between being a Star Trek fan/Sci-Fi geek and having a sexual attraction to TG/TS/Ladyboys?

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil Rhodes View Post
    STARFLEET is militaristic . It always has been . It is not only Research & Explorative, it is a PEACEKEEPING service . It may be more defensive than offensive, but in the end there is little difference when the shit hits the fan . STARFLEET is a Naval Service . It has FLEET in it's name . It's ranks are Naval . Not only do Navies have Military Duties, they have Exploration, Research & Scientific ones aswell . Even the smallest Navies on Earth have a Oceanographic Survey or Research Vessel of some type .

When the United States Military finally gets into Space it will be the Navy, not the Air Force that is charge . As far as Land/Planetary Forces are concerned, they will again fall under the Navy by way of the Marines . Space/Planetary Fighters, Bombers, Small Craft etc will fail under Naval Aviation with a Marine Section aswell . Any Space Force that is created afterward will be nothing more than an offshoot branch/service off the Navy .

STARFLEET has a Marine Corps . Kirk mentioned them before the Away Team went down to Kronos . STARFLEET International, the Largest Star Trek Fan Club ( Officially Licensed and recognized by Paramount and the Roddenberry Estate ) has a separate branch called the STARFLEET Marine Corps. / SFMC . They have been around for 3 decades . They use Civil Air Patrol Ribbon Medals for their Fruit Salad . CAP doesn't like it to much but they can't do anything about it . SFMC members make no qualms about being a Military Group .

There were some fans that I know that were considering making a custom colored TNG/DS9 uniform . They were going to be STARFLEET Research & Development . That was just their cover . They were actually going to STARFLEET Intelligence . You don't think that the TOS 5 year mission was for Kirk to fuck every female alien he came into contact with ? The data they collected had to go somewhere . Remember the Genesis Planet ? In ST3 McCoy was asking questions about it and as a result was making certain people very concerned . Who were those people ? It is not hard to figure out .

As far Missile Tubes go, who saw TUSC/ST6 ?

Bat'lith .... I d on't remember seeing one and I was looking . Then again I have a costume made one myself . Mine is awesome and it gets a lot of attention ....... lmao
    Yes, Starfleet is the Space Navy; however, there has been a balance when it came to their ships. Starfleet rarely built a ship that was meant for war before a war has began. For example, the Akira class and Saber class first appeared during the Dominion War. A Federation Dreadnought Class ship was only mentioned in books (non-canon) and alternate realities were the Federation was at war. Starfleet has been reactionary more so than proactive when it comes to war. In this alternative reality, Starfleet has been proactive in ways to defend itself. Starfleet has been focused on the military aspect of their mission more so their exploration aspect. In the original timeline, Kirk wasn't the first Captain to start and complete a five year mission. There were at least two Captains that finished a five year mission before Kirk took command of the Enterprise.