Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Eurovision 2013

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Default Re: Eurovision 2013

I read somewhere or heard on the radio a comment that bookies in the UK won't take bets on any British act winning -even the Rolling Stones would be a waste of money; the UK contributes a lot to the competition financially, but is unlikely to be a winner for years to come, if ever. This year's politics is shaped by themes of rejection and longing, and money -it is therefore assumed people will vote for the German entry if they want money; vote for Greece if they want sympathy, fr anyone brave enough to love a Balkan, and vote for Denmark if they just don't care. I don't think the 'music' has anything to do with it.

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    I read somewhere or heard on the radio a comment that bookies in the UK won't take bets on any British act winning -even the Rolling Stones would be a waste of money; the UK contributes a lot to the competition financially, but is unlikely to be a winner for years to come, if ever. This year's politics is shaped by themes of rejection and longing, and money -it is therefore assumed people will vote for the German entry if they want money; vote for Greece if they want sympathy, fr anyone brave enough to love a Balkan, and vote for Denmark if they just don't care. I don't think the 'music' has anything to do with it.

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    If UK will allow the public to choose the song for Eurovision it would be maybe better....But most countrys have their own competition in their own country and from there they choose the finalist for Eurovision.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by FruitTree View Post
    The choir version of Euphoria was one of the greatest things I've ever heard, perfectly done
    Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by tsadriana View Post
    I love the presenters from BBC three they have made the both semi finals much fun for me....
    Agreed

Gold Poster

Tonight's the night!

Scoresheet + snacks + beers

Enjoy!

Lol... It's always been a political backslapping exercise, that's what makes it fun. It's just a big fun event and those who take it over seriously become part of the show...

Watch, enjoy and back a nation to win.

Junior Member Rookie Poster

And We won here in Denmark....Thats the spirit....Only Teardrops =)

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzunoisedk View Post
    Good for Danemark but SOMETING U WILL HEAR EVERY YEAR AND IN EVERY CLUB.It wasnt nothing spectacular about the song and the worst Eurovision ever...For the first time i will say that the Eurovision this year it was all settup..It was still 9 countrys more to go to anounce the rezults and the Sweden host already presented the winner...Sorry no ofence to Danemark but like i said an average song for teenagers who goes every weekend in the club ,congratulations to your country ,but in my opinion its not the song who dezerved to win this year ....My vote was going to Grrece someting unsual about that song ,someting fun about that song ,but i wasnt thinking to vote for Greece because if we did we was ending again in recession next year just because they was spending alot of money for Eurovision.oNCE AGAIN CONGRATULATION TO YOUR WINNER BUT WASNT THE BEST SONG...SONG LIKE THAT I HEAR AND LISTEN EVERY YEAR ON THE TV AND RADIO.NOTHING UNSUAL OR SPECIAL ABOUT THE SONG...a TEENAGER SONG AND NOTHING MORE.

I hope Italy it will not compete anymore and i hope united kingdom to...last year it was Sweden,this year Danemark and guess what ?next year fucking Norway and that it will proove you that its not the song who was voted its fucking political and i hope alot of countrys will get out of this shit song contest called Eurovision fake songs winner.

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzunoisedk View Post
    Once again congratulations but nothing special.Its a song when i want to go to shake my bum and get a cock in a club when im pissed thats the meaning of the Tears drop.