Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Professional Poster

Default The Matrix movie

Can't let it go...

This movie has taken over my life

I've watch it over 500 times now and counting

is there something wrong with me?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The-Matrix-Wallpaper-1.jpg 
Views:	423 
Size:	130.2 KB 
ID:	579905   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	885994_526454417393132_566803411_o (1).jpg 
Views:	393 
Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	579906   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Agent-Smith-the-matrix-1954803-1280-1024.jpg 
Views:	393 
Size:	123.1 KB 
ID:	579907  

Default Re: The Matrix movie

Good films!!

Senior Member Veteran Poster

Yeah, thats a little bit strange, unless you work in the industry.

Perhaps you should go to film school?

Look Marge, I'm reading The Economist, did you know Indonesia is at a crossroads?

Regulator Professional Poster JenniferParisHusband's Avatar

If you're really into movies, like deeply into them, you normally have at least 3 that you watch over and over again and keep getting something out of them with each new viewing. (Once upon I time I tried film school, and the professor told me this.) With me, it's "The Illusionist," "The Count of Monte Cristo," and "The Bride With White Hair."

The first Matrix movie rocked. Full of depth and detail. I get it. Of course if you said you watched Matrix Reloaded and Matrix Revolutions over and over again, then I'd worry.

Jus wookin puh nub.

Givin ts the d since 2011 Junior Poster SheWantsTheD's Avatar

The biggest question is; how do they REALLY know what tasty wheat is supposed to taste like?

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/150x100q90/743/FaFTsn.png

Senior Member Junior Poster

There is something wrong with you for asking if there's something wrong with you.

Boss, the films are Boss.

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Personally, I liked the idea, but hated the treatment. Those karate scenes are utterly ridiculous, and the gun fights, although entertaining, are totally absurd, even by fully considering the scenario or the logic of it all. It seems to me they could have done so much more with such a subject.
    I guess I shouldn't be so negative, as much worst movies have been made in the past -by a whole lot-, but every time I watch it I have a feeling of being read a ridiculous story by a terrible reader... It seems very artificial to me.
    As to your question, Bat1, watching a movie 500 times, if it really is the case, is a lot by any normal standard. I agree with JPH that we all have some movies we love to watch over and over again, but this is a 2hrs + movie; you have watched it 25 weeks of full time job, so far... If it's true, I suggest you try to put it aside a little before od starts to knock at the door; if it's a matter of speech, as I suspect it is, well, hey! life is too short to question yourself too much on such pleasures.

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

I went to a Halloween party one year dressed as Neil from the Matrix.

Senior Member Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by danthepoetman View Post
    Personally, I liked the idea, but hated the treatment. Those karate scenes are utterly ridiculous, and the gun fights, although entertaining, are totally absurd, even by fully considering the scenario or the logic of it all. It seems to me they could have done so much more with such a subject.
    I guess I shouldn't be so negative, as much worst movies have been made in the past -by a whole lot-, but every time I watch it I have a feeling of being read a ridiculous story by a terrible reader... It seems very artificial to me.
    As to your question, Bat1, watching a movie 500 times, if it really is the case, is a lot by any normal standard. I agree with JPH that we all have some movies we love to watch over and over again, but this is a 2hrs + movie; you have watched it 25 weeks of full time job, so far... If it's true, I suggest you try to put it aside a little before od starts to knock at the door; if it's a matter of speech, as I suspect it is, well, hey! life is too short to question yourself too much on such pleasures.

I couldn't disagree more. I thought the story line was awesome because it in many ways reflects real life. We as a society have become part of a well oiled machine (with most people being unawakened drones, sorry people) that IMO doesn't have the best intentions for society as a whole. The films allow those with a reasonable amount of imagination to wonder, if only for a second, could such a story be true......

Yes the action scenes were far fetched but the logic behind the films justified that and again allows the imagination to run wild, something that many other sci/fi and action films fail to do. I'm not usually a fan of CGI but in this film I thought it was done in good taste. The still, slow mo 3D shots and the bullets rippling through the air were and still are awesome, this was ground breaking stuff.

Different strokes for different folks but to me the films are Boss.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

The first was entertaining and had production concepts that have since been copied, but the story is far from original -it could be:

1) that 'we' live in a world without realising that we are 'merely' part of a controlling system that has manipulated so much of reality that we cannot tell one from the other, that benefits a tiny elite who have in effect manufactured an alternative reality that keeps us in check: prisoners of Plato's cave;
    2) that there are two ways of living: i) conforming to the general pattern of behaviour where vision shapes desire, or ii) striking an individual path where desire shapes vision;
    3) the world is lost, heading for oblivion, only one person with unique, special powers -The One- can save us: Neo, Messiah, the last Prophet, etc.

The fundamental contradiction in the film is between imprisonment and freedom: in both worlds there is an hierarchical order: one is supposed to believe that swallowing the right pill will return you to your pure condition as a free individual, yet the underground/alternative world is no less controlled by elites/guardians and dependent on a 'special person' even if it is more transparent. One world is controlled by faceless elites wearing suits and ties, the other by 'real' people in worn-out clothes. Both will kill anyone who threatens their way of life.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.