Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    GOD Emperor of Mankind Platinum Poster LibertyHarkness's Avatar

Default Re: The Matrix movie

my favourite movie i have watched over 400 times is Aliens i can have aliens on loop all day long while webcamming/editing etc ..

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    Liberty Harkness
    "English Transsexual Model - Entertainer - Photographer "
    Twitter

Official Website

Tumblr
    My Webcam

Givin ts the d since 2011 Junior Poster SheWantsTheD's Avatar

That woman is so stealth

I don't know why I love the tasty wheat and woman in the red dress parts so much! Mouse is just a legend, he deserves his own spin off!

http://matrix.wikia.com/wiki/Mouse

I can't find the scene on youtube where he says he designed her and can get Neo sex with her lol

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/150x100q90/743/FaFTsn.png

Vasto Lorde Gold Poster Quiet Reflections's Avatar

I liked the first one but hated the other two

2 out of 3 members liked this post.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

I love your new avatar, Liberty!

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Rookie Poster

Loved the first film, but as everyone else says the other two were pants.

Liberty,
    what are your thoughts on Prometheus? looking forward to the next two instalments?/

Trans admirer and friend Junior Poster

I love the first Matrix Movie and have seen it many times.

But , Reloaded and Revolutions are essential to the story. And I love the trilogy as a whole.

I think people unfairly dismiss Reloaded and Revolutions, I believe those 2 movies are actually better than the first one. They flesh out the characters more and the story gets really interesting

The first Matrix Movie, if looked at objectively (and assuming Reloaded and Revolutions never existed), is at best a new technology showcase and good sci fi flick. Seen as a standalone movie, it's very hollow and I'm glad they made the other ones.

If only first movie existed, these questions would've lingered (mind you I know the answers):
    Why is Neo the one? Just because Morpheus had a hunch?

Who made the "prophecy"?

What/Who is the Oracle?

Was Neo going to grow in power? What was his actual purpose after defeating smith? Was it to free everyone from the matrix one by one?

I'm glad it's a trilogy, and not a standalone. Although I loved it upon release, I'm one of the few that felt it just kind of went nowhere and the 2nd and 3rd movies fleshed it out.

don't be hatin!

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by my my my! View Post
    I love the first Matrix Movie and have seen it many times.

But , Reloaded and Revolutions are essential to the story. And I love the trilogy as a whole.

I think people unfairly dismiss Reloaded and Revolutions, I believe those 2 movies are actually better than the first one. They flesh out the characters more and the story gets really interesting

The first Matrix Movie, if looked at objectively (and assuming Reloaded and Revolutions never existed), is at best a new technology showcase and good sci fi flick. Seen as a standalone movie, it's very hollow and I'm glad they made the other ones.

If only first movie existed, these questions would've lingered (mind you I know the answers):
    Why is Neo the one? Just because Morpheus had a hunch?

Who made the "prophecy"?

What/Who is the Oracle?

Was Neo going to grow in power? What was his actual purpose after defeating smith? Was it to free everyone from the matrix one by one?

I'm glad it's a trilogy, and not a standalone. Although I loved it upon release, I'm one of the few that felt it just kind of went nowhere and the 2nd and 3rd movies fleshed it out.

don't be hatin!
    As I understand it, Neo is identified from the start as a computer hacker who has infiltrated the dominant mode of global connectivity -global computing- as a rebel, identified by other rebels -much as hackers get to know each other, even if only by nicknames -he must have shown some special skills to alert the others to his 'special powers'.

The 'Prophecy' and the 'Oracle' exist as forms of pure knowledge, one inherited, the other also pre-ordained but available only to the enlightened or those seeking enlightenment: truth is not relative, it is absolute, but if you have been brought up in a false system designed to control you, you would accept as truth that which is a lie: hence the concept of the truth being a secret that can only be revealed by: seers, the anointed, priests, politicians (usually charismatic), LSD, Jesus, Science, and so forth.

The defeat of Smith ought to be the defeat of tyranny, of dictatorship, of a corrupt computer virus; thus the restoration of individual liberty, of freedom, freedom to be who you want to be, not what others expect. Smith can only replicate himself a million times because he is a victim of his own need to control, and design control systems -in freedom lies diversity, in diversity, freedom.

Rookie Poster

They do complete the story but for me were a let down in their execution.

The other part of the matrix story that i liked was the Animatrix. Especially The Second Renaissance, which is the preluding story in a bit more detail.

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    As I understand it, Neo is identified from the start as a computer hacker who has infiltrated the dominant mode of global connectivity -global computing- as a rebel, identified by other rebels -much as hackers get to know each other, even if only by nicknames -he must have shown some special skills to alert the others to his 'special powers'.

The 'Prophecy' and the 'Oracle' exist as forms of pure knowledge, one inherited, the other also pre-ordained but available only to the enlightened or those seeking enlightenment: truth is not relative, it is absolute, but if you have been brought up in a false system designed to control you, you would accept as truth that which is a lie: hence the concept of the truth being a secret that can only be revealed by: seers, the anointed, priests, politicians (usually charismatic), LSD, Jesus, Science, and so forth.

The defeat of Smith ought to be the defeat of tyranny, of dictatorship, of a corrupt computer virus; thus the restoration of individual liberty, of freedom, freedom to be who you want to be, not what others expect. Smith can only replicate himself a million times because he is a victim of his own need to control, and design control systems -in freedom lies diversity, in diversity, freedom.
    you nailed it very well

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

Givin ts the d since 2011 Junior Poster SheWantsTheD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ibanezuk View Post
    They do complete the story but for me were a let down in their execution.

The other part of the matrix story that i liked was the Animatrix. Especially The Second Renaissance, which is the preluding story in a bit more detail.
    I watched all three a few days ago with some friends and one of them was telling me about this animatrix. I got hold of it but not watched it yet. Hope to watch them by sunday

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/150x100q90/743/FaFTsn.png