Senior Member Platinum Poster nysprod's Avatar

Default Peter Rauhofer R.I.P.

From the HuffPost Gay voices:

Peter Rauhofer, the iconic DJ and producer whose Madonna, Whitney Houston and Britney Spears remixes kept generations of international revelers dancing until dawn, has died of brain cancer.

News of the 48-year-old Rauhofer's passing was confirmed on his official Facebook page:

"It makes me sad, not only that I have lost a friend, but that the world has lost an amazing talent and that future generations will never get to understand the magic that Peter created night after night all over the world. He is gone too soon but we will always have the vast body of music that Peter left for us.

Through his music, Peter will live forever. The brightest stars always burn out too soon. Peter, you were loved and you will be terribly missed. Goodbye my friend. Please rest in peace knowing that you have brought so much joy to so many of us. I ask that his true fans keep his legacy alive by sharing his music with anyone who may not have had the opportunity to experience it for themselves."

The 48-year-old Rauhofer is survived by his mother Helga, who will transport her son's body back to Austria.
    "But to all that knew Peter, his heart will always be in New York City," officials wrote on Rauhofer's Facebook page.

In April, Rauhofer -- who formerly went under the monikers Club 69 and Size Queen -- revealed via his manager Angelo Russo that he was suffering from a large brain tumor that had gone undiagnosed.

Rauhofer, who was best known for spinning tribal house, served as the resident DJ at the gay dance night at New York City's now-defunct Roxy nightclub.

1 out of 2 members liked this post.
    Phone keys gum condoms lube...I don’t want to be normal.

Senior Member Platinum Poster nysprod's Avatar

Default Re: Peter Rauhofer R.I.P.

An excellent example of Peter's understated remix style:

0 out of 1 members liked this post.
    Phone keys gum condoms lube...I don’t want to be normal.