Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Default Stray Pit Bull Saves Mother And Child From Knife-Wielding Attacker

http://www.inquisitr.com/205846/stra...ding-attacker/

Good doggie.

A woman and her child will be forever grateful to a stray pit bull.

Back in January, a woman named Angela and her two-year-old son were playing on a playground in Port Charlotte, Florida. As the two were leaving the park and entering the playground, a man with a knife attempted to attack the mother and child.
    It was then that a stray pit bull that had been running around the park came to the family’s rescue.
    The sixty-five pound pit bull charged at the knife-wielding man and scared him off.
    Shaken, Angela jumped in her car with her son. Still shaken from the incident, she was even more surprised to see that the pit bull had followed her into her backseat. The courageous pit bull who had scared off her potential attacker had wanted to go home with her too.
    Angela named the stray dog “Angel” because she believes it is her guardian angel. She plans to adopt the dog if no one comes forward to claim it.
    As Angela told told NBC2 News in an interview about the incident:
    I don’t know what his [the thief's] intentions were — I don’t know why he did it, but I’m glad that — we call him Angel — I’m glad that Angel showed up because I don’t know what would have happened.
    In response to the behavior of the stray pit bull towards the would-be attacker, Animal Control Lt. Brian Jones stated:
    I don’t think the dog physically attacked the man, but he went at him and was showing signs of aggression, just baring his teeth and growling and barking. It was clear he was trying to defend this woman.
    Why the dog chose to protect Angela and her young son may never be known. However, despite other stories about pit bulls attacking people, heart-warming stories like these go to show that pit bulls as a breed are loving, protective animals.
    Do you think that more stories like this one about a stray pit bull saving a woman and her child will help bring back pit bulls into a positive light?

Senior Member Junior Poster RyderMonroe's Avatar

Default Re: Stray Pit Bull Saves Mother And Child From Knife-Wielding Attacker

thats amazing! i wish the media would report on more cases like these... The pitbull used to be the national dog and now its illegal in some places to even own one. :/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	922235_10200577302307316_807413079_o.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	55.7 KB 
ID:	578837  

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Good doggy!

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RyderMonroe View Post
    thats amazing! i wish the media would report on more cases like these... The pitbull used to be the national dog and now its illegal in some places to even own one. :/
    Nice dog there, Ryder. I'm a sucker for good animal stories and a lover of all dogs. Cats too.

0 out of 2 members liked this post.

Senior Member Veteran Poster RadiusDark's Avatar

That dog and "knife wielding attacker" hustled the hell out of that woman worse than White Men Can't Jump.

Quote Originally Posted by RyderMonroe View Post
    Ryder, with the media class it's: if it bleeds, it leads. It's about the bottom line. Sadly. I mean, they're driven by ratings. And they have to be. The bottom line is all that counts. So, horrific stories grab our attention. Celebrity stuff grabs our attention. It's infotainment, too....
    Pleasant stories rarely make the news.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	556851_527297463979814_1625746497_n.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	67.8 KB 
ID:	578841  

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Junior Poster RyderMonroe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    Ryder, with the media class it's: if it bleeds, it leads. It's about the bottom line. Sadly. I mean, they're driven by ratings. And they have to be. The bottom line is all that counts. So, horrific stories grab our attention. Celebrity stuff grabs our attention. It's infotainment, too....
    Pleasant stories rarely make the news.
    sad truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Velvet View Post
    Nice dog there, Ryder. I'm a sucker for good animal stories and a lover of all dogs. Cats too.
    thank you <3. likewise.

Junior Member Rookie Poster

Doesn't surprise me, the breed was originally bred as a "nursery dog". It has a strong behavioural instinct to attack hostile animals, human or not. This trait is also bred into Akita Inus, well known for being, by default, aggressive towards non household members due to its distrust.

A person's gender is not defined karyotypically. What someone is born does not constrain them to that gender role for the rest of their life. No, gender identity is complex and only the bearer of that identity can decide for themselves.

Myself:
    Male who identifies as Hetero, considers TSes their preferred sex, and enjoys meeting people who are on societal fringes.

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by fred41 View Post
    No one's interested in the truth. It's so much sadder.