I've done my service Platinum Poster Willie Escalade's Avatar

Default RNC Attacks President Obama for Not Passing Gun Reform Bill

Is there some kind of alternate reality we're living in? Did these dolts actually do this? Where is this country heading??

http://www.forwardprogressives.com/r...n-reform-bill/
    ----------
    File this under “You just can’t make this crap up.” The RNC recently put out an ad which includes an attack on President Obama for not passing…

Wait for it….

Gun reform.

Yes, you’ve read that correctly. The RNC has put out an ad which attacks President Obama for not passing the very same gun reform which 41 Republican Senators voted against a couple of weeks ago—defeating the bill.
    First, let’s try to ignore the fact that this ad resembles a sequel to The Blair Witch Project more than a reputable political ad…

But what this ad basically does is attack Obama for not getting enough legislation passed in his first 100 days of his second term. The main 2 points it focuses on are the sequester (caused by Republicans when they took the debt ceiling vote hostage) and the defeat of the gun bill which would have expanded background checks (again, which 41 GOP Senators voted against despite over 80% of Americans supporting expanded background checks).

It attacks his leadership.

Only just yesterday Republican Senator Pat Toomey flat out admitted that many Republicans vote against legislation simply because it’s what the President supports.

So how the hell can this man lead, and get things passed, when the measuring stick Republicans use on whether or not they support a bill rests not on what’s in the bill, but whether or not Obama supports it?

The entire ad is simply pathetic. It’s more right-wing rhetoric blaming the President for the problems caused by Republicans.

It’s really a good thing Republicans have trained their voters to deny reality and follow orders, otherwise no sensible person could ever buy this kind of ridiculous propaganda. And that’s what it is—propaganda.

Republicans damn sure know they’ve obstructed anything and everything the last 4 years trying to make the President look bad. They know they caused the sequester. And you’d have to be an idiot to blame Obama for gun reform not getting passed when he would have signed the bill that expanded background checks the moment it landed on his desk had 41 Republicans not voted against it.

You can’t come at me saying “liberals hate facts” when your side produces such blatant distortions of basic, indisputable realities.

Do you know why the RNC made this ad? Because they know millions of Republicans are sheepish enough to believe it. That is how ignorant the GOP treats their voters. They know they can make some ad based completely on a lie (hell, their entire Presidential convention last summer was based on a line said by President Obama taken completely out of context) and their supporters will loudly cheer and applaud the thing because they’re just too damn ignorant to think for themselves.

This ad wasn’t made by far right-wing personalities like Rush Limbaugh or Glenn Beck who constantly make up information to try and drive ratings, it was made by the Republican National Committee.

But the sad thing is, when I first saw it, I had to make sure it wasn’t made by The Onion—and that says enough about the current state of the Republican party.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	110.8 KB 
ID:	578417  

Last edited by Willie Escalade; 05-03-2013 at 04:49 AM. Reason: Added shit...
    William Escalade is no more. He's done his service to the site.

Default Re: RNC Attacks President Obama for Not Passing Gun Reform Bill

Congress is in existence for each member to represent what is in the best interests of the American people. Opposing the President, simply for the sake of opposing him, is not related to what is in the best interests of the people. He was elected by those same people, to represent their best interests also. So it is that opposing the president on no other grounds is simply a bid for power. But why should a the Republican party be but in power, if they do not value the best interests of the people?

Lets look at healthcare. Whatever, its reported drawbacks, the bill is supposed to provide coverage for 20 million uninsured people. If you don't like the bill, come up with something better. Republicans scream to high heavens, about provisions of the bill. But without proposing an alternative, it is just like telling millions of Americans to 'drop dead, for all I care'.

Besides, the countless daily stories of gun misuse, the Sandy Hook tragedy affected the majority of the people. Although tragedy cannot be completely prevented, I think we could feel better knowing that, less mentally ill people, could potentially get less access to to firearms, especially assault type rifles.

Republicans continue to demonstrate that they don't care about life in general, only money. Even though I am a life long Democrat, I would love to see a viable two party, or more system, with creative ideas on making life better. Thanks for the post Willie, you are 'the Pope' of HA.