Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: New Doctor Who

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

SciFi channel is broadcasting them. i think they're pretty good. in spite of their high production values they manage to capture just the right amount of camp. the main actors are great. i give it a thumbs up.

Junior Poster

A thread im devoted too, to be honest the series so far has been a bit of a let down so far for me, the first episode i really disliked, but im happy to say tonites episode was great and it makes me happy that its back. How could an episode with Sarah Jane in fail!

Stupidity has saved many a man from madness

There's a bit of a time warp between the UK and the US on the "new" Doctor: here in the US the SciFi channel is showing the "old new" Doctor, Christopher Eccleston, whilst in the homeland of the BBC, you're a season ahead of us Yanks with the "new new" Doctor, David Tennant. So for us, no K-9 or Sarah Jane as yet, and we're still watching Rose and the Doctor fending off the last of the Daleks and meeting Rose's dead father (the latest episode, aired last night).

Hard enough to not give away plot points and character developments on shows like Battlestar Galactica and The Shield, but now we've got a year apart and you lot in the UK could be spilling beans that we won't see brought to the kettle until 2007. So please don't give away TOO much!

BTW, I quite like Eccleston: not quite up there with my all-time favorites (in order: Tom Baker, Jon Pertwee, Sylvester McCoy), but very good if a bit rash and irresponsible considering his millenium of experience at times.

Rookie Poster

For all the Doctor Who here in the States , you can find the new Doctor on youtube.com just search Doctor Who.

I am a slut give me a cheeseburger!

Quote Originally Posted by Ecstatic
    There's a bit of a time warp between the UK and the US on the "new" Doctor: here in the US the SciFi channel is showing the "old new" Doctor, Christopher Eccleston, whilst in the homeland of the BBC, you're a season ahead of us Yanks with the "new new" Doctor, David Tennant. So for us, no K-9 or Sarah Jane as yet, and we're still watching Rose and the Doctor fending off the last of the Daleks and meeting Rose's dead father (the latest episode, aired last night).

Hard enough to not give away plot points and character developments on shows like Battlestar Galactica and The Shield, but now we've got a year apart and you lot in the UK could be spilling beans that we won't see brought to the kettle until 2007. So please don't give away TOO much!

BTW, I quite like Eccleston: not quite up there with my all-time favorites (in order: Tom Baker, Jon Pertwee, Sylvester McCoy), but very good if a bit rash and irresponsible considering his millenium of experience at times.
    I've recrorded it each week since its debut here in the US, and I actually like Eccleston as much as I liked Baker. It's a shame he left after one season. If what I heard is correct, he left because he didn't want to get type cast. What a shame. Friends across the pond have told me that the feedback has been overwhelmingly negative regarding Tennant.

What say you Brits?

-Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.

Falling off the bar stool Junior Poster latrix67's Avatar

Default Dr Who

Yep,Eccleston left for that reason. The new Dr show's his tender side in the episode with S-J Smith & also his dark side in revealing that killing alien's does'nt swa him anymore.

Here's a few link's from the BBC for up-to-date info.
    L67

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/classic/webcasts/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/wales/southeast/sites/doctorwho/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/gallery/

Mind you,Billie Piper has come a long way from teeny bop pop star since she dropped that ginger twat of a boyfriend,Chris Evans, to a little strumpet!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	christmas2005_03_974.jpg 
Views:	4195 
Size:	190.6 KB 
ID:	44024  

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecstatic

I've recrorded it each week since its debut here in the US, and I actually like Eccleston as much as I liked Baker. It's a shame he left after one season. If what I heard is correct, he left because he didn't want to get type cast. What a shame. Friends across the pond have told me that the feedback has been overwhelmingly negative regarding Tennant.

What say you Brits?

-Quinn
    Tennant is very good,Better than Eccleston in my humble opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by mds
    I like David Tennant, he's a really good Doctor, while Ecclestone's cheeky-chappy Doctor wore thin after a while.

Ecstatic, you liked Sylvester McCoy? Lots of Brits tuned out while he was the Doctor.

My favorite Doctor's were Baker, Davison and Colin Baker
    He was by far the worst Dr ever along with Mcoy!
    The best-
    Patrick Troughton,Jon Pertwee,Tom Baker,William Hartnell,Peter Davidson in that order !!

Default Dr Who

Quote Originally Posted by mds
    Latrix67, are you saying that you didn't like Colin Baker? Each to their own, odd that no-one mentions Paul McGann (the shortest lived Doctor ever!)

Then again I didn't think much of the Daleks, now The Master, there was an evil bastard!!
    Baker & McCoy were the last 2 doctors before MgGann & effectivly killed the show for the BBC because of low ratings. The one with MgGann was a UK/US collaboration & was meant to be a series of feature length episodes but,again due to low rating's,it too was axed.And there is one Doctor that was & still is,overlooked;Peter Cushing (Dr Who & the Daleks <1965>)
    L67

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

I'm glad to hear that there's some good feedback on the newest doctor. Thanks.

-Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.