Page 19 of 39 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast

Thread: Boston Marathon

President of Russia Veteran Poster Vladimir Putin's Avatar

Default Re: Boston Marathon

Photo of wounded surviving suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev.

Senior Member Junior Poster rito1's Avatar

Bomber #1 killed last night.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boston-bomber-dead-body-photo.jpg 
Views:	344 
Size:	64.1 KB 
ID:	575009  

All girls should come to Boston

Wow that's a huge hole in his chest. Could that have been from a shotgun or AR 15?

Senior Member Silver Poster scorpioluva's Avatar

Sorry, but there is no chance in hell that is a real picture of the dead guy. Anyone who would really believe that, I got a bridge for you that is for sale in Brooklyn.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    Note: All postings are complete works of fiction and are for entertainment purposes only.

Senior Member Platinum Poster nysprod's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scorpioluva View Post
    Sorry, but there is no chance in hell that is a real picture of the dead guy. Anyone who would really believe that, I got a bridge for you that is for sale in Brooklyn.
    TMZ says its real...looks like part of posterior parietal/superior occipital area is missing...if the body fell forward blood could pool around the face and throat, as in the picture...the left shoulder is dislocated...the wound on the left side was partly from some sort of emergency surgery...ribs are missing...

0 out of 1 members liked this post.
    Last edited by nysprod; 04-20-2013 at 06:43 AM.
    Phone keys gum condoms lube...I don’t want to be normal.

LOVER OF BIG ASS Platinum Poster youngblood61's Avatar

It wasn't a good day to be a bad guy. Kudos to the city of Boston!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nysprod View Post
    ...the wound on the left side was partly from some sort of emergency surgery...

No way that huge gash is from surgery, unless it was done with a butter knife instead of a scalpel. And where is that body laid out, anyway? Some back room supply closet? No. No way that picture is the real deal.

Last edited by maxpower; 04-20-2013 at 07:36 AM.

Senior Member Junior Poster

I'm glad they finally got the guy.

Kudos to the various LE agencies for being consummate professionals about the whole thing, displaying restraint and taking him in ALIVE. Now we get to have a trial, and we maybe get to pick his brain a bit about how a popular high school athlete who looks to have everything going for him ends up placing bombs in a crowd that kill and maim people.

FWIW, I shop at the Arsenal Mall and at the Target across the street, and I have friends who live in Watertown near, but not in, the area where the firefight happened last night. I'm relieved that they're safe.

Senior Member Professional Poster up_for_it's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dderek123 View Post
    Yeah I agree with you. I just hope the powers that be don't use this event as a means for rationalizing more funding for DHS-like bullshit. What's next are they going to ban marathons and pressure cookers? Are they going to deploy air drones to spy on "suspicious" activity. 'Murika!
    I think it will- one of the worst things about this tragedy, aside from the loss and maiming of so many innocent lives, is that it reinforces the siege mentality we've lived under since 9/11. Did you notice how many police officers looked exactly like soldiers? I saw one photo yesterday of a forensic tech at the scene of the shoot out wearing one of those low profile special forces helmets. Policing has become really militarized. Speaking of drones, check out Sen. Lindesy Graham's comments yesterday:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...e-battlefield/

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

Yep - kudos to the police operation that finally took this oung man alive. So as biboysays we might get some insight into his motivation. Good to let the law take its due course.

The identification of these fellows and the eventual arrest on one also vindicates the often criticised high level of CCTV cameras in modrn society. Many worry about the human rights implications of such cameras and it is true that, in some situations of political demonstration, images gathered by them and by hand held digital devices can lead to the arrest of political demonstrators.

But here without these cameras and the scores of images taken by members of the public it is doubtful the killers would have been so easiiy and quickly identified and capture 9in one case).

For those us watching way beyond the sidelines - in my case in London - it is also further proof that a new media age has truly dawned. Twitter feeds from news sources and ordinary members of the public broke the news on all of the events of the past week faster than the old news organisations (though credit also the Boston Globe who really were abreast of every twist and turn of the story.) The last time I remember seeing events so quickly and broadly reported was the japanese Tsunami a couple of years back.