Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Audi or BMW?

Senior Member Junior Poster

Default Re: Audi or BMW?

Quote Originally Posted by eccentricBlue View Post
    Driving new Audis for 25 years sounds like you would trade one in every few years for a new one. That is the only way I would recommend owning a BMW, Audi or VW. Once their warranties expire and gaskets, seals, suspension and typical maintenance begin to need attention the upkeep on these cars add up. Not to mention they are a PITA to work on. Just my .02
    I have an E46 3-series BMW. The warranty has been expired for some while. I do much of my own service work on the car. It's a joy to work on compared to the late-model American and Japanese hardware I've owned. Brakes, water pump, thermostat, radiator fan, coolant tank, all easy. Yes the running costs are a bit higher than many other cars but not outlandishly so, especially if you find a good independent mechanic rather than going to the dealership for everything. IME the dealerships do good work but they do charge top dollar for it.

I've done my service Platinum Poster Willie Escalade's Avatar

e46 is considered the last of the really great 3 Series...especially an M3 CSL...

William Escalade is no more. He's done his service to the site.

Senior Member Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Willie Escalade View Post
    e46 is considered the last of the really great 3 Series...especially an M3 CSL...
    Was the last one before the "Bangle Butt"...I like my ladies with "junk in the trunk," not my cars!

The F30 is a definite improvement over the E90 in looks, that's for sure.

Senior Member 5 Star Poster

Edit.