Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Audi or BMW?

Senior Member Junior Poster luvs2lick1385's Avatar

Default Re: Audi or BMW?

2013 Shelby Cobra GT 500 KR with a four on the floor and a Hurst shifter. This will kick any ass on the road. Black exterior with a wide silver stripe down the center and a black leather interior.

0 out of 2 members liked this post.
    "Knowledge is good" Emil Faber

"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?" Senator John "Bluto" Blutarsky

BMWs...every time.

I've been in a 7 series and it's really nice, but they seem to attract bad drivers. I just know one of them will do something stupid on the highway.

Quote Originally Posted by luvs2lick1385 View Post
    2013 shelby cobra gt 500 kr with a four on the floor and a hurst shifter. This will kick any ass on the road. Black exterior with a wide silver stripe down the center and a black leather interior.
    rofl!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jericho View Post
    Biggest pricks on the road are Citroen drivers!

And the SMALLEST pricks are in BMWs.

Here in the UK I find it's folks in what I think you call SUVs - big, clumsy 4x4s - that are the real idiots. Not only do they drive aggressively, they combine it with minimal spatial awareness and stupidity. In my book, the bigger the car, the bigger the moron driving it.

Oh, and I drove new Audis for 25 years and never once regretted it. Wonderful cars. Never had a high performance one because I never needed it. But superbly engineered and intelligently evolved, a pleasure to drive. My 2.8L A6 was the best of the lot.

As for American cars, and I've driven plenty, let me know when you build one that can corner....

0 out of 1 members liked this post.
    But pleasures are like poppies spread
    You seize the flow'r, the bloom is shed

Senior Member 5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by robertlouis View Post

As for American cars, and I've driven plenty, let me know when you build one that can corner....
    Ha! I mean. . . um. . . let me get back to you.

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

I've done my service Platinum Poster Willie Escalade's Avatar

Corvette especially the ZO6 and ZR1, Camaro 1LE and ZL1, Shelby GT500, older Cobalt SS, Viper (especially those tuned by Hennessey), Ford GT, SSC Ultimate Aero, Molser MT900s, Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca...

2 out of 2 members liked this post.
    William Escalade is no more. He's done his service to the site.

Senior Member Junior Poster eccentricBlue's Avatar

Oh, and I drove new Audis for 25 years and never once regretted it. Wonderful cars. Never had a high performance one because I never needed it. But superbly engineered and intelligently evolved, a pleasure to drive. My 2.8L A6 was the best of the lot.
    Driving new Audis for 25 years sounds like you would trade one in every few years for a new one. That is the only way I would recommend owning a BMW, Audi or VW. Once their warranties expire and gaskets, seals, suspension and typical maintenance begin to need attention the upkeep on these cars add up. Not to mention they are a PITA to work on. Just my .02

Senior Member Junior Poster

I have always felt that when comparing Audi to BMW, especially the hot versions, the BMW is the superior car if you are going to push it to it ends.

The BMW is a "quasi" track car while the Audi is a Sports Car, imho.

k

Quote Originally Posted by eccentricBlue View Post
    Driving new Audis for 25 years sounds like you would trade one in every few years for a new one. That is the only way I would recommend owning a BMW, Audi or VW. Once their warranties expire and gaskets, seals, suspension and typical maintenance begin to need attention the upkeep on these cars add up. Not to mention they are a PITA to work on. Just my .02
    I drove that A6 for 8 years and 198,000 miles. Aside from routine servicing and wear and tear, nothing ever went wrong. Superb car.

I've driven Beemers too and I like them. But I prefer Audi. Also had a couple of Saab turbos in my time. They're impressive too, and the best driver's car of them all.

FWIW, nowadays I drive a Ford. Why? Well, I'm paying for it myself, and since going fulltime as a musician my income isn't what it was. It's a 2L diesel Mondeo Ghia estate (= station wagon) and I bought it because it's the only estate that can comfortably accommodate three guitars in hard cases and a compact PA with the seats up and the luggage cover closed. When you've got £10K under the cover which give you your livelihood you don't want folks to know they're there.

And it has been superb too. Economical to a fault (50mpg +), quiet, comfortable, refined and a joy to drive.

But it isn't an Audi!

But pleasures are like poppies spread
    You seize the flow'r, the bloom is shed

Senior Member Junior Poster luvs2lick1385's Avatar

Bring it on

"Knowledge is good" Emil Faber

"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?" Senator John "Bluto" Blutarsky