Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14192021222324
    Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Default Re: We're Not Gay And We're Not Straight

Fine, but what does that have to do with a guy who prefers transgender women having nothing more than a fetish for them?
    It defuses your attempt at an analogy between those who choose compatibly oriented romantic companions and those who insist that their romantic partners be women who have or once had dicks.

...but to just make a blanket statement about what should and should not enter into the equation denies reality and totally negates the possibility of loving someone as they are (transgender) simply because a man has that preference.
    There's nothing wrong with fetishes, or even marrying a partner who exemplifies your fetishes as long as you're both happy; nor is there anything I'm saying that stands in the way of that.

You are right to point out that I am, at least in part, expressing my personal opinion. I worked hard to become the woman I am; to gain acceptance as a women in my family, among my friends and in society. I want my lover to regard me as one-hundred percent woman. If I learned that not having that thing between my legs was a deal-breaker, I would have to totally re-evaluate the relationship. That may just be me...but I think you'll find most transgender women agree. Things are a bit turned around in HA-Land because it's populated by fans of our unique condition.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Senior Member Platinum Poster nysprod's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    It defuses your attempt at an analogy between those who choose compatibly oriented romantic companions and those who insist that their romantic partners be women who have or once had dicks.
    People insist on a whole bunch of things in their partner, it's just another thing on the list of possibilities

There's nothing wrong with fetishes, or even marrying a partner who exemplifies your fetishes as long as you're both happy; nor is there anything I'm saying that stands in the way of that.
    Whether you approve of fetishes isn't the point, it's that you regard a man who prefers tg women only as a fetishist.

If I learned that not having that thing between my legs was a deal-breaker, I would have to totally re-evaluate the relationship.
    Right...you're expressing a preference in your partner, which really is no different than a man expressing his preference for a tg woman.

Phone keys gum condoms lube...I don’t want to be normal.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Right...you're expressing a preference in your partner, which really is no different than a man expressing his preference for a tg woman.
    Yes, I prefer that his love for me not be contingent upon his fetishes.

People insist on a whole bunch of things in their partner, it's just another thing on the list of possibilities
    This has nothing to do with your false analogy. Romantic partners need to have compatible sexual orientation. Desire for a transgender women is not a sexual orientation. It's not even a gender identity. It's a fetish based on the desired person's mismatch between her gender-identity and her sex as reported on her birth certificate. There is no analogy.
    Whether you approve of fetishes isn't the point, it's that you regard a man who prefers tg women only as a fetishist.
    The point is not whether I regard it as a fetish, but why my thinking it is (or why others thinking it is) bothers you. The post you're objecting to was posted back in 2013. Stop rubbing it and this thread will go away. I'm sure we can just agree to disagree on this one.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Senior Member Platinum Poster nysprod's Avatar

I'm sure we can just agree to disagree on this one.
    Indeed we can

Phone keys gum condoms lube...I don’t want to be normal.