Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Junior Poster Saint_Frankenstein's Avatar

Default Re: We're Not Gay And We're Not Straight

It's pretty straight-forward to me. If the transgender person you're attracted to, as a male, identifies as a woman, then it's heterosexual. Sexual orientation, in terms of attraction, is defined relative to gender identity. So if you like trans women, you're either a straight or bisexual guy or a lesbian or bisexual woman. If you like trans men, you're either a straight or bisexual woman or a gay or bisexual man. (Although there are some lesbians who date trans men, but that's an interesting topic all its own.)

So if you're involved with a transsexual woman - who is a woman, by the way - and you are questioning if you're gay or bi, that has more to do with you than with her.

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

Why are people so obsessed with labels!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Prospero View Post
    Because they're what we have to identify ourselves to others, and ourselves.

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

What I was getting at is the eternal debate among the guys over straight v gay as if it really matters. Of course for the transgendered it matters a lot. Asserting their rightful identity as women or I think in your case Frankenstein as a transmale? So many guys are so hung up unnecessarily

What I was getting at is the eternal debate among the guys over straight v gay as if it really matters. Of course for the transgendered it matters a lot. Asserting their rightful identity as women or I think in your case Frankenstein as a transmale? So many guys are so hung up unnecessarily
    I see your point. I feel rather bad for hetero cis men. Their sexuality is so policed by society. They have so many social restrictions on what they can do without going outside of the boundaries of the heterosexual male construct. They tend to be so fearful over it and it can lead to violence, sadly. As a queer trans guy, I feel much more free in that respect. Of course that feeling of personal freedom comes at a price of being a marginalized minority.

Senior Member Platinum Poster nysprod's Avatar

Obsession is never a good thing but realistically, in our society, labels are inevitable...people need to identify and define who they are, and labels make socialization simpler, e.g. a photography buff can easily find like minded people in the "N.Y. Photo Club."

Catholics, Jews, ballers, bikers, movie buffs, whatever, we're all something.

0 out of 1 members liked this post.
    Last edited by nysprod; 04-06-2013 at 05:25 PM.
    Phone keys gum condoms lube...I don’t want to be normal.

The Voluptuous Diva 5 Star Poster TSMichelleAustin's Avatar

Ur not gay and ur not straight..... Ur Graight! Lol

Like seanchi said, who cares! Fuck labels!!!

5 Star Poster

So far as I am concerned the partner of a transexual or transgender woman is whatever they consider themselves to be. The partners of ts women always think say they are straight or bi, just like the partners of genetic female women.

These categories aren't really that useful when talking about transsexuals. Simply consider the case of a couple where a TS woman and a TS man are the pair. Is that gay, lesbian, straight, or bi?

If a man accepts that at least psychologically, and socially TS women are women.
    If a man is attracted to the feminine physical and psychological qualities of TS women.
    Then that man is straight.

PS. Considering that all TS and TG people have been some kind of queer all our lives it's a bit insulting that our non TS or TG partners fret so much over weather they are going to be thought of as gay by someone or the other. (Or if you are TS or TG but still into the opposite biological sex. Having a gay or lesbian partner worry that being with you is too straight for them. It happens )

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

THE BODY 5 Star Poster SunshyneMonroe's Avatar

we are all gay move on

Senior Member Platinum Poster nysprod's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TSMichelleAustin View Post
    Ur not gay and ur not straight..... Ur Graight! Lol

Like seanchi said, who cares! Fuck labels!!!
    This was also about what I said in the first post:

"Are guys like us who are into TGirls totally straight? I say no. We are turned on by male genitalia after all (even though it's "attached" to a feminine form). Let's be real about that."

I read a lot when I first joined about how guys (like me) into TGirls saw themselves as "straight"...I didn't agree with it but I was new and didn't want to come off like a know-it-all or worse, a troll. But I knew at some point I wanted to talk about it because I'm in this.

So now I've been here for a while, I've read a lot, posted, participated etc, and I figured since people were somewhat familiar with me it would be OK to talk about it in a way that was open and non-judgmental. I think I accomplished this because I didn't see one post where the person was offended by my saying that guys into TGirls are not totally straight.

I'm into TGirls...I don't believe I'm totally straight anymore...I just want to be real about it...saying it anonymously on a forum isn't much, I guess, but it's a start.

0 out of 1 members liked this post.
    Last edited by nysprod; 04-06-2013 at 08:33 PM.
    Phone keys gum condoms lube...I don’t want to be normal.