Thread: Happy Easter!

I've done my service Platinum Poster Willie Escalade's Avatar

Default Happy Easter!

Spotted this on my Facebook feed...and in my life it can't get any more truthful that this.

"You can attend church 365 days a year, but if you walk out with hate, fear or judgment in your heart...what was the point?

Anyone can go to school, but that doesn’t make them educated.

Anyone can go to a military base, but that doesn’t make them a soldier.

You can go to a church, but that doesn’t make you a Christian.

Because if you leave that church carrying hate, fear and judgment out with you…whatever they’re preaching in that building sure as hell isn’t Christianity."

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    William Escalade is no more. He's done his service to the site.

Default Re: Happy Easter!

I agree with the majority of that quote,but I will say this -
    I think for the most part that it isn't always the church...often it's the individual.
    I am not a believer, but I have had the pleasure of meeting honest to goodness Christians who are not judgmental or petty. They were a pleasure to be around because they were really nice...not that phony glazed over nice with the hidden agenda...but just nice. A helluva lot nicer than me,that's for sure...and willing to sacrifice sweat, pain and sometimes health for the sake of charity. They do exist.
    The problem is that people and churches like that don't make news. Opinionated, fundamentalist, pushy retards make news...and unfortunately,sometimes they do in fact represent whole churches.

Last edited by fred41; 04-01-2013 at 12:57 AM.

5 Star Poster south ov da border's Avatar

I spent so many years going to church 6 days a week, going to sunrise service on Easter, taking that crap.

People don't even know how to read the Bible correctly. But the relationship with "God" is a personal one. Institutions don't do anything but keep themselves in power by any means. I doubt "God" approves of what is done in the name if Christ, and I doubt if Christ is real that being would co-sign what's been done either.

Until people learn to treat others as people and not labels and such, the agenda of disinfo and control will rule. Luckily I've learned to break away (losing just about everything in the process but getting control of my soul back)

too much french fries, not enough shakes...

Because if you leave that church carrying hate, fear and judgment out with you…whatever they’re preaching in that building sure as hell isn’t Christianity.

...Westboro Baptists, eg? Fallwell?

I think for the most part that it isn't always the church...often it's the individual
    ...or group of individuals (see above)
    ...a wise man (I forget who exactly) once said, "I have no problem w/ Jesus, it's his fan club I can't stand"

...myself, I just don't have the blind faith necessary to buy into the whole Jesus fairy tale. And the whole communion deal w/ the eat his flesh/drink his blood business seems a little creepy and ghoulish to me. Also not cool...the whole give us your money thing. And let's not forget the whole pay no attention to all those guys in the robes who've been getting off (no pun) scottfree raping your kids for centuries.

...damn Will, I gotta say thanx for giving me a chance to rant a bit, since I just finished doin a little cipherin on the ole 1040 to the tune of a coupla grand in the hole and needed to vent some steam

the Meek shall inherit the Earth....the Rest of Us will go to the Stars

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

I think it's fine and dandy to go to Church to worship God. But don't go for the reason to have others watch you worship God so you appear to be a "good person". If you do go focus on the cross on the back of the wall. The man behind the table is no more qualified to tell you how to live your life than any of us here.

Much of my family in West Texas is so owned their minister took the wire down from the corral and acts unconcerned when the gate is left ajar. Those cattle aren't going anywhere as they don't even need to be prodded anymore. I never was much for feeding this livestock but its purpose in life is to be devoured.

Last edited by Dino Velvet; 04-01-2013 at 07:59 PM.

Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by fred41 View Post
    I think for the most part that it isn't always the church...often it's the individual.
    actually i'd edit that and say it isn't the religion but often the individual. people can use the church to manipulate people (such as jonestown)

i don't think it's fair to say that going to church should automatically make someone walk out without hate. people have different backgrounds and histories, and some are just angry. each individual is different. not everyone can be like mother theresa.