Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    onmyknees Platinum Poster onmyknees's Avatar

Default Thrity Years Later......Here You Are

So what's it been....7 or 8 months ?? A quick look at some of the threads in this particular forum and I see not much has changed. The Koch Brothers, Tea Party Racists, Dick Cheney, New World Order, Justice Scalia...I guess we can say what you all lack in original critical, open minded thinking, you make up for in pathetic group think. But I keep forgetting......you're the tolerant ones...Right. Thankfully you have each other for much needed reinforcement and support. While it's been completely liberating to free myself of you sycophants, I must say I miss the humor. It's like watching MSNBC in prime time. A left wing woefully rated talk show host invites on equally radical left wing guests to tell each other how righteous and how smart the other is. Makes for riveting give and take ! And the show always ends with them looking and feeling smug, superior and self righteous....sound familiar Prospero?

So back to the intent of the post....

Over my brief and unfulfilling visit here, I lost track of the number of posts that you all lamented the harsh unfair treatment of your guy Barry. No other President was subject to the level, and depth of criticism as this man was. No other President in history was maligned and scorned like this man.... Of course you attributed this to what else....racism. Where was the civility this man should be afforded you all cried ?
    Do I have that about right?

But like all left wingers, you have short, selective memories....unfazed by history. I came on these 2 articles from the Associate Press from 30 years ago and after reading them.....I couldn't help but wonder whatever became of the students so devoid of decency that they'd cheer the attempted assignation of a President. I think I found them all grown and continuing their life's work right here on these forums. Admit it....deep down you hoping Hinkley had a more "successful" outcome.

And save your responses. They're easily predicable and totally inconsequential and I won't be back to concern myself with them. The intent was not to have a dialogue....but to once again point out your utter hypocrisy.

Here's the UPI, which mentions similar incidents in Minnesota, Chicago, and New Orleans:

2 out of 3 members liked this post.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Default Re: Thrity Years Later......Here You Are

Quote Originally Posted by onmyknees View Post
    So back to the intent of the post....

Over my brief and unfulfilling visit here, I lost track of the number of posts that you all lamented the harsh unfair treatment of your guy Barry. No other President was subject to the level, and depth of criticism as this man was. No other President in history was maligned and scorned like this man.... Of course you attributed this to what else....racism. Where was the civility this man should be afforded you all cried ?
    Do I have that about right?
    In a word, No.
    There is one thread on Obama, and the overwhelming number of posts in Politics & Religion in the last year have had nothing to do with the President of the USA, and few if any have attributed the criticism of your President to his 'race'. Perhaps that is why you have dismissed replies to your hysterical rant in advance of receiving them.
    Welcome back to the real world.

Gold Poster

Strawmen are easy to deal with. When race is relevant, discuss race. When it's not, then point out where you think the subject has been exploited. It beats claiming that every time race is discussed it's a red herring.

I think most of the objections to your posts have been to the occasional plagiarism, the plagiarism with selective editing, and the very generalized claims you make without support. Sometimes, as here, you offer evidence that does not relate to something in dispute.

I've done my service Platinum Poster Willie Escalade's Avatar

Some are just sore losers.

And yes, that would have included Obama supporters if he has lost. Point is, he didn't.

There was/is a Facebook page called "One Million Strong Against Romney". I recall one of my right-wing friends saying it would never get a million likes...and she was right. It didn't matter; he got MORE than a million dislikes in the election...as did PRESIDENT Obama. Only problem was Romney got more. Oh well...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	269 
Size:	35.4 KB 
ID:	569271  

William Escalade is no more. He's done his service to the site.

Senior Member Veteran Poster

Well it is predictable I suppose that citizens would discuss Scalia's insane, backward and inconsistent views. Or discuss the recent documentary about Dick Cheney during the 10th Anniversary of a war he invented that has cost so much in treasure and blood. And the battle for sensible gun safety laws in a nation where over 11,000 citizens die each year via fire arms and the government is held hostage by a special interest representing the gun industry and super minority of US citizens. And that on a MB about transexuals that LGBT rights would be a topic.

Your point is hollow IMHO and reverts to the current US President and suggests reverse racism because the actual issues dwarf neo-con arguments and track record of deficits and deceit that is its' historical legacy speak too loudly to stay on point about all the issues that supposed conservatives are wrong on.

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

Don't rise to this dishonest and disreputable loser's provocations. He just wants attention. A lost boy.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

So they were wrong to cheer the president being shot. I dont see that as having much relevancy about current issues. I welcome debating issues with those here with a conservative political view. However, much recent discourse here in the US is more about name calling, than real debate. What do Republicans need to do to be competitve is US national elections?

I've done my service Platinum Poster Willie Escalade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yodajazz View Post
    What do Republicans need to do to be competitve is US national elections?
    Stop excluding more than half of the population...which will be the majority in the near future. That includes minorities, the elderly, immigrants, the LGBT community, women, the middle class...do I need to go on?

This topic convinced me to go back to a certain Tumblr page as well as a few YouTube videos from November 2012...

Last edited by Willie Escalade; 04-01-2013 at 02:03 PM. Reason: I can't stand right-wingers who ignore the fact the demographics are changing. Don't they realize THEY LOST THE ELECTION!
    William Escalade is no more. He's done his service to the site.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by yodajazz View Post
    So they were wrong to cheer the president being shot. I dont see that as having much relevancy about current issues. I welcome debating issues with those here with a conservative political view. However, much recent discourse here in the US is more about name calling, than real debate. What do Republicans need to do to be competitve is US national elections?
    onmyknees has always been selective with the truth. Citing reports of the students who cheered when hearing that Reagan had been shot, but not citing the reports of the Dallas citizens who spit in the face of Adlai Stevenson the week before JFK was murdered in their city, or indeed the various other accounts of students in Texas cheering when told JFK had been assassinated. The well-known American reporter Dan Rather has been accused of lying when claiming Dallas school-children cheered JFK's death and in that case might be true to his detriment, but other sources are less comfortable about it. Which suggests divisions in US society can produce chilling reactions.

Mike Richey: Neville High School, civics class, Mr. Phillips ... I have no idea why, but our teacher discussed the President's trip to Dallas during class that morning. I can't quote him verbatim, but he said something to the effect that he wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't trouble during the visit. He alluded to UN Ambassador Adlai Stevenson's visit to Dallas a month earlier to speak on United Nations Day where protestors spit in his face. It wasn't but 15 or 20 minutes later that it was announced to the entire school that the President had been shot, followed later by the announcement that he had died.
    I don't know if the same held true at other Southern schools, but the announcement of his death brought a mixture of cheers and tears in the halls and stairwells. It's hard to believe now that even JFK's biggest detractors could find happiness in his death.
    http://nvanthyn.blogspot.co.uk/2012/...-memories.html

http://jfkmurder.com/rather.html

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

Thanks for that useful post Stavros. OMK is nothing if not consistent in his tinkering with facts. His oblique relationship to the truth got him banned before. How long will he last this time.