Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: The Transexual Phenomenon

Quote Originally Posted by bluesoul View Post
    i'll ask you- do you accept this because that's what you were told, or did you personally do some research and come to this conclusion?

i asked, a while back, how one would know if someone was lying if they said they felt they were born in the wrong gender and the answer was pretty much- no you cannot (unless you maybe conduct a lie detector test) or can tell the person is lying (which is kinda similar to what the other person is doing).

in the 30s there was an accepted idea that in the future, one wouldn't need to build and sell someone a home, but rather sell someone the idea of a home and they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the projection and the real thing.

Small amount of research, nothing big time or anything. Mostly just observing and listening and seeing what I see. Which at some point recently made me start to wonder how so much of this can be happening now (or what I thought was now, compared with earlier) and thinking something has to be up.

I guess I was sort of wondering, thinking it could be environmental changes, chemicals we are exposed too, so on. But I have no real clue obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Stepford View Post
    There are more reported cases of MtF transition.

Many FtM individuals just start living as men without talking to anyone about it. It's usually easier for trans men to blend in than trans women.

I personally, in my day-to-day life know more trans men than trans women, by about a 3:1 ratio.

Ok thank you. That is really an eye opener for me. I had no idea.

Junior Poster

if you talk to the asians. thai and filipino they do not feel they are in the wrong body. or have a mental condition/disorder. they just become girls because they want to and can.they choose to transition,

before i get abuse this is their words not mine

Quote Originally Posted by carl essex View Post
    if you talk to the asians. thai and filipino they do not feel they are in the wrong body. or have a mental condition/disorder. they just become girls because they want to and can.they choose to transition,

Well I will admit, I sort of thought this would be the case sometimes. Not with Asians or anything, just in general.

Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by carl essex View Post

i can see this being true for someone (especially those involved in the sex industry) but not others.

there are a great number of transsexual women who aren't in the public light slowly and painfully transitioning. i don't believe they do it just because they can.

and then there are those who find it easier (and possibly more financially beneficial) to assume a different identity.

as to why there are more transsexuals "coming out"? there are just more people in the world.

General Dick Suction Veteran Poster Ms.Stepford's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bluesoul View Post
    as to why there are more transsexuals "coming out"? there are just more people in the world.
    Yeah, but also because, though it's still pretty tough, it's never been easier to successfully transition and have a good life.

Silver Poster

Yeah, but also because, though it's still pretty tough, it's never been easier to successfully transition and have a good life.
    i guess that too (although i'd know next to nothing about that besides that organizations such as lgbt offer assistance to individuals that find themselves in that situation)

5 Star Poster south ov da border's Avatar

hormones in the food and BPA

but seriously, besides us being tampered with our souls are androgynous and it seems that a lot of us have the issue of not being what we were labelled as from birth. I know I'm one. I'm more Pansexual or as I say "try"sexual

too much french fries, not enough shakes...

I bet this is also a major factor.

Here are two good studies that you may want to read if you are truly are interested in this:

http://www.newscientist.com/article/...rain-scan.html

http://jcem.endojournals.org/content/85/5/2034.full

I believe a possible reason for what you labeled "a transexual phenomonon" is that in recent years the medical community has been more inclined to support the transition of individuals rather than label them with mental disorders as was common place in prior years. The reason for the shift in treatment, according to the studies I linked, is based on recent medical research on the brain structures of transgender individuals showing that some transgender individuals have the brain structures that resemble their desired sex even before hormone treatment. Additionally, there are more possible causes for gender dysphoria than previously understood by the medical community stemming from genetic reasons and prenatal exposure to hormones, as well as many other psychological and behavioral factors.

In addition, even though we are not totally accepting of transgender individuals in our society, I believe we are evolving into a more accepting/tolerant society which IMHO is also a factor that may make it a little less difficult to start transitioning.