Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default The Transexual Phenomenon

First let me say I mean no offense or slight on anyone. Obviously by being here and for so long I have an extreme passion or curiosity for all things trans. I have personally never been with a trans girl unfortunately but that hasn't stopped me from fantasizing and daydreaming about it... for years. So please keep this in mind while reading my thoughts. I am not trying to start controversy at all. I'm just genuinely very curious about this.

It seems that every day more and more people come out as trans (especially MTF). Now I know the general accepted theory is it was a mistake and the person was born with the wrong gender. Their biological gender doesn't match up with what their brain is. I may not be wording that 100% correct but I think that's the general idea correct? Ok I accept this as fact for the most part. I realize that probably the majority of cases this is in fact the cause. But can it be true that there are this many (not sure of the best way to put it) mess ups or mistakes or birth defects happening all over the world , every single day?

And if so, if all this transsexual phenomenon is really happening due to this reason...then what is causing it? There has got to be some kind of reason behind it all right? Thousands and thousands of people every year, a million maybe all feeling they were born in the wrong body. That's a hell of a lot of people being born wrong or different from what they want.

Now personally I have no real clue. I am not a scientist or anything even close. Just a guy with a big curiosity for such things. Maybe I over think things too much or whatever but it really puzzles me. I have no problem with any of it obviously. I have a huge respect for anyone who follows their dreams and goes through such a process, especially with all the hurdles thrown up by society for them. It can't be easy, ever, even for the ones with a supportive family and social group. It's never going to be easy or fun at all times. So nothing but love and respect for them from me. But I do wonder/question whether every single case can be a real true birth defect or whatever. It just seems too implausible for there to be this many cases of the same thing happening all the time , all over the world. There have to be some other factors at play here, right?

Anyone care to share their thoughts, theories, anything on this? Like I said please remember I mean no harm at all. I'm not saying anyone doesn't have the right to experience life however they see fit. I just want to understand this phenomenon better. And to me it really is a phenomenon at this point. Thousands upon thousands of people are all doing the same thing, or going through a similar thing, so that's pretty huge in my opinion.

Thanks for your time

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

General Dick Suction Veteran Poster Ms.Stepford's Avatar

Default Re: The Transexual Phenomenon

Social conditions are allowing more people who wouldn't have come out in past generations to come out now. Trans issues are also becoming more visible in the media, and the internet is allowing more people to share their lives.

The same approximate percentage of the population is trans, but we're just starting to get noticed more.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Stepford View Post
    Social conditions are allowing more people who wouldn't have come out in past generations to come out now. Trans issues are also becoming more visible in the media, and the internet is allowing more people to share their lives.

The same approximate percentage of the population is trans, but we're just starting to get noticed more.

Ok fair enough. But what is the root cause of all of it. Let's say that for all time, as long as humans have been on the earth, the same percentage of transexual people (even if kept only in their mind) existed. What could be the cause for it? If it was 1 in a million it wouldn't seem like such a big deal to me. Just like many other conditions or birth defects. But at this point it really seems like a growing thing. Maybe that's because the population is also growing but still, it is just so odd that so many people could have the same condition from birth like this. For some that may not believe in God or a god then maybe it doesn't seem weird at all. I am not overly religious but I do believe in a higher power of some sort. I don't understand every aspect of that either but I do believe in something. It strikes me as very crazy that so many mistakes could be made every day like this?

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

Junior Poster

there is no cause,,,, its just how your/we are wired.

this is the same line of thinking when being gay was thought to be an illness. people thought they could cure being gay.

it just that social factors meant your male or female. or straight and as gay is now accepted it was those options. being trans or being into trans is the same as what the world was experiencing back in the 60's with the gay revolution. i feel in 20 or 30 years trans will officially be the third gender. so there is no why, there is no cause its just the wonder of being human. it just simply how your wired inside

The internet!

Quote Originally Posted by carl essex View Post
    there is no cause,,,, its just how your/we are wired.

this is the same line of thinking when being gay was thought to be an illness. people thought they could cure being gay.

it just that social factors meant your male or female. or straight and as gay is now accepted it was those options. being trans or being into trans is the same as what the world was experiencing back in the 60's with the gay revolution. i feel in 20 or 30 years trans will officially be the third gender. so there is no why, there is no cause its just the wonder of being human. it just simply how your wired inside

Ok this is interesting. Maybe it is correct. I guess so far it's as good as any other theory I've ever heard. It still strikes me as so odd so damn many people could be "wired" wrong. I mean in one way of thinking it would seem so unfair. But no one ever said life was fair so. Thanks for your input. I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBlonde View Post
    Ok fair enough. But what is the root cause of all of it. Let's say that for all time, as long as humans have been on the earth, the same percentage of transexual people (even if kept only in their mind) existed. What could be the cause for it? If it was 1 in a million it wouldn't seem like such a big deal to me. Just like many other conditions or birth defects. But at this point it really seems like a growing thing. Maybe that's because the population is also growing but still, it is just so odd that so many people could have the same condition from birth like this. For some that may not believe in God or a god then maybe it doesn't seem weird at all. I am not overly religious but I do believe in a higher power of some sort. I don't understand every aspect of that either but I do believe in something. It strikes me as very crazy that so many mistakes could be made every day like this?
    The way people have been taught to perceive sex and gender is fundamentally flawed because it was constructed in the image of the cisgender heterosexual hegemony. It is an imposed order on a world of variety and possibility, but the menu is not the meal; the map is not the terrain.

Even our beloved "genetic sex," karyotype model isn't as simple as we teach children in high school. The XX/XY model is wonderful for the majority, but it is just a simplification of reality which suits the dominant class.

We're just different people, and there are just a lot more of you than there are of us, so you got to decide what was a disorder and what was the norm.

Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Stepford View Post
    The way people have been taught to perceive sex and gender is fundamentally flawed because it was constructed in the image of the cisgender heterosexual hegemony. It is an imposed order on a world of variety and possibility, but the menu is not the meal; the map is not the terrain.

Even our beloved "genetic sex," karyotype model isn't as simple as we teach children in high school. The XX/XY model is wonderful for the majority, but it is a simplification of reality which suits the dominant class just fine.

We're just different people, and there are just a lot more of you than there are of us, so you got to decide what was a disorder and what was the norm.

Can I ask you this. I know I could look it up but I figure you probably already know so... Am I wrong in assuming there are far more MTF cases than FTM cases of transexuals in the world? If this is the case like I think it is, then why?

There are more reported cases of MtF transition.

Many FtM individuals just start living as men without talking to anyone about it. It's usually easier for trans men to blend in than trans women.

I personally, in my day-to-day life know more trans men than trans women, by about a 3:1 ratio.

Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by MrBlonde View Post
    It seems that every day more and more people come out as trans (especially MTF). Now I know the general accepted theory is it was a mistake and the person was born with the wrong gender. Their biological gender doesn't match up with what their brain is. I may not be wording that 100% correct but I think that's the general idea correct? Ok I accept this as fact for the most part.
    i'll ask you- do you accept this because that's what you were told, or did you personally do some research and come to this conclusion?

i asked, a while back, how one would know if someone was lying if they said they felt they were born in the wrong gender and the answer was pretty much- no you cannot (unless you maybe conduct a lie detector test) or can tell the person is lying (which is kinda similar to what the other person is doing).

in the 30s there was an accepted idea that in the future, one wouldn't need to build and sell someone a home, but rather sell someone the idea of a home and they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the projection and the real thing.