Thread: Tight And Hot

Banned again for being a jizzmop, oh well! Gold Poster

Default Tight And Hot

Haha, I'm actually articulating my present mental state. Sorry guys and girls.

I've never experienced actual "stress" before, but I have been lately. It sucks. It's a tight knot of painful preasure centered in the middle of your chest, a weird "whooshy" sensation in your head, and just a general feeling like you need to run out the door and go completely ape shit crazy running down the street screaming like a lunatic.

It's not fun.

Here's the deal: I've been entered in a contest (that involved making a little animated movie) for several weeks. By any rational way of thinking, the winner should have been announced by now, since the prize is awarded at E3 in LA nine days from now. The prize is a $35,000 car, and your movie gets shown at the largest industry gathering in the world. Not a bad deal at all. Among other people, Madonna's husband, director Guy Ritchie, is one of the judges (I personally think the guy is kinda a tool, but whatever).

By many peoples opinion, I should win this competition. I certainly think I should, my movie is the most entertaining one in the running, IMHO. But they won't tell us who the fuck won yet! No information has been released at all.

It's driving me fucking crazy!

So, anyhoo, I thought I'd post something on my favorite site and vent some frustration today. If I had one wish, it would be that all the people who I consider good friends would, from time to time, share a little bit of their lives with us here on the forum.

Fighting is pointless, stress is just annoying, and we still have a great big beautiful world to enjoy every minute of. This site is pretty fun as well.

I do want that damn car, though. . .

OK, what's the car?

Is the DAVE School involved?

Will Jittlov be there?

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

What the hell is the DAVE school?

Here's the link to my movie, B1. Oh, the car is a 2006 Crossfire. It looks like a pretty cool ride.

http://movies.lionhead.com/movie/70555

Oh, cut and paste the link into Explorer. Firefox wont work.

Honda, that was pretty darn cool, good luck to you!!

FK

What the hell is the DAVE school?
    The Universal Studios School of Digital and Visyal Effects (DAVE). Google it and request the CD of 'class projects'. It's cool stuff. Got to see one of the clips while I was in Saettle last year, a great piece of animation using C Blocks (Generic Lego) for a Batman sequence featuring the voices of Courtney Thorne Smith, Dick Van Dyke, and others.

Here's the link to my movie, B1.
    Thanks muchly.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Thanks Felicia and B1 (I've never asked if you hated the B1 thing, I think Angela started it actually but I can't remember).

I'll check out the DAVE school after work, and there is still no word on the contest.

And Dick Van Dyke? I know a guy who is married to a girl who once watched Dick Van Dyke dance on a picnic table, just a few years ago. Personally, I'm constantly amazed that the guy is still alive. On a even more amazing note, I walk past the statue of Mary Taylor Moore (co-star of the Dick Van Dyke show) five days a week, on Nicolette Avenue in Minneapolis.

That's how cool Minneapolis is. We have a statue of Mary Taylor Moore throwing her hat into the air. . .

Veteran Poster

Why could we see the wheels of the car through the ghost? I know ghost are transparent but this one was like seeing through xray specs.

Nice movie though. Hope you win.

If you stand for nothing, you'll fall for anything.

*Out of respect for the women here I've officially retired the 2nd half of my signature*

We have a statue of Mary Taylor Moore throwing her hat into the air. . .
    I believe there is also a statue of Ralph Kramden (Jackie Gleason) standing in front of NYs Port Authority bus terminal. I think the Television Museum was behind them and I remember they pondered the hat-in-the-air pose for a while, wondering if they'd get it right (It is, after all, the defining image of Mary's Mipple City role).

(I've never asked if you hated the B1 thing, I think Angela started it actually but I can't remember).
    Oh, it's OK. It's infinitely preferable than "B.O." and much easier to type than "He who wants you to mail him your lunch money".

They were going to commision a statue of Jackie Gleason throwing his hat in the air like Mary Taylor Moore? It's possible that stress has caused some confusion on my part.

But I'm sick of this fucking contest. They still haven't released any information. This, of course, would seem to indicate that I'm not the winner, which obviously is the main reason why I now hate it.

Bah! Back to the drawing board, I guess.