Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Party Goddess Platinum Poster AllanahStarrNYC's Avatar

a transsexual woman who is very obvious has to deal with that every day- when she steps out of her house or interacts with people

a transsexual woman who is passable might not have to deal with that right away- but the question wether or not people know, or find out is in the back of her mind

two sets of problems for two sets of circumstances
    obviously the second problem is the better of the two if i had to choose
    but nothing is ever fair either way you look at it

a partner who is going to accept you no matter how passable or spookable you are is just one that will be evolved enough to deal with/understand either circumstance.

is it fair that girls who pass better have it easier - no. is it fair that people who are considered beautiful have it better than those who are considered unattractive- no. but that is society and that will never change.

2008 AVN Transsexual Performer Of The Year
    www.TransexualStarr.com
    www.Facebook.com/AllanahStarr

GODDESS Junior Poster juliana_dominguez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ecstatic
    Hey Juliana! Great to see you posting here! Welcome, welcome!
    hey ecstatic!

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by AllanahStarrNYC
    a transsexual woman who is very obvious has to deal with that every day- when she steps out of her house or interacts with people

a transsexual woman who is passable might not have to deal with that right away- but the question wether or not people know, or find out is in the back of her mind

two sets of problems for two sets of circumstances
    obviously the second problem is the better of the two if i had to choose
    but nothing is ever fair either way you look at it

a partner who is going to accept you no matter how passable or spookable you are is just one that will be evolved enough to deal with/understand either circumstance.

is it fair that girls who pass better have it easier - no. is it fair that people who are considered beautiful have it better than those who are considered unattractive- no. but that is society and that will never change.
    QFT!
    Not a lot is "fair" in this society, but it's true that attractive people (Tgirl, GG, or Guys) will have a much easier life. It has always been like this, and most likely always will be.

If you stand for nothing, you'll fall for anything.

*Out of respect for the women here I've officially retired the 2nd half of my signature*

Junior Poster

Default Re: PASSABLE GIRLS!! IS IT FAIR?

Quote Originally Posted by YasminLee
    I find myself upset sometimes when I feel a guy is putting a girl down or rate her beauty based on passibility. It makes it more appearant than ever how much pressure the transsexual community is under. We came a long way to be who we are, yet (including myself) we drive ourself crazy with passability..my questions are.

are we assame of who we are?

For guys that are looking for that 100%..is it because they want it all?
    passable chicks with dicks on their side so he wouldnt suffer the wrath of being with us?
    .Should the man we love stand by our side and help fight the war against discrimination...
    Honey, the world isn't fair. Can a fat slob who lives in the couch after he gets home from work play in the NBA? No. That's just the way life works. Some "t-girls" are rough on the eyes to speak bluntly but I don't see how that equates to equality or lack of? No one is saying they don't have a right to express themselves anyway they feel fit.

Veteran Poster

I do understand the social game circling around beauty. It's hard period. What about acceptance from the guy that are interested in us. should we continue fighting the battle alone? should we invest in somone who stands if we are drowing? I'm not asking my man to introduce us to a business party..career is one thing..would be nice though...family...should if he looks at u for life partner. but if he only hit daylight with u if u're passable ....that's shitting..

We all have something to say. Don't forget that we are a family.

Default Re: PASSABLE GIRLS!! IS IT FAIR?

I find myself upset sometimes when I feel a guy is putting a girl down or rate her beauty based on passibility....
    Wow she is not only a mad beauty but she has hot brain! Yas, I'd storm the barracades with you anytime. I'm totally in your comand comrade!

I do understand the social game circling around beauty. It's hard period. What about acceptance from the guy that are interested in us. should we continue fighting the battle alone? should we invest in somone who stands if we are drowing? I'm not asking my man to introduce us to a business party..career is one thing..would be nice though...family...should if he looks at u for life partner. but if he only hit daylight with u if u're passable ....that's shitting..
    I think most of the time even then it's a matter of one thing to be seen in public with a passable tgirl and quite another to introduce her to your family or friends or business associates. I hear you that most guys are not open to that, yet they want all the good and none of the hard (sorry, that was poorly phrased; of course they want the hard, they just don't want the difficult).

Veteran Poster

LADIES...when u meet a man....u stand there facing him and he wants u...Before u invest your heart,think this out first...what u had gone tthrough the wrath of discrimination from family, work, love..what was his sacrific to stand before u../what is he offering and what is her worth to u...or better yet...WHAT ARE U WORTH..

Veteran Poster

THAT'S beautiful sweetie

Veteran Poster

THE WORLD TURN DARK BEFORE OUR EYES,
    NO MORE TEARS AND NO MORE CRIES,
    THE FEAR ONCE THERE BEGAN TO FADE,
    OUR STRUGGLE WE'RE LIVING, NOW A CRUSADE