View Poll Results: What faith do you profess?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Catholic

2 5.00%
  • Protestant

4 10.00%
  • Evangelical Christian

0 0%
  • Baptist

3 7.50%
  • Observant Jew

1 2.50%
  • Muslim

2 5.00%
  • Hindu

0 0%
  • Buddhist

0 0%
  • Atheist

17 42.50%
  • Agnostic

11 27.50%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: What faith

I've done my service Platinum Poster Willie Escalade's Avatar

Default Re: What faith

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Velvet View Post
    You go to Catholic School here too, Willie? Especially Elementary School Madrasa? My mind got bent pretty good even though the rest of me wasn't. Still haven't completely escaped but will get through the wall if I can't get over, around, or tunnel under it. Sulfur might be the great protector for all I know.
    From Kindergarden until 12th grade, yes. Still wound up breaking every commandment except honoring my parents.

William Escalade is no more. He's done his service to the site.

Quote Originally Posted by Willie Escalade View Post
    Raised Catholic but have broken pretty much every commandment.

1 Thou shalt have no other gods - Eh...
    2 No graven images or likenesses - Like I'm gonna worship an inanimate object
    3 Not take the LORD's name in vain - God dammit I do this often
    4 Remember the sabbath day - What about Chargers games and afternoons at Dodger Stadium?
    5 Honour thy father and thy mother - Always have, always will
    6 Thou shalt not kill - Then what's the use of Raid and mousetraps...and lawnmowers?
    7 Thou shalt not commit adultery - Um...I'm on this forum...
    8 Thou shalt not steal - MEGAUPLOAD!
    9 Not bear false witness - Like anyone here has NEVER told a lie...bitch, please...
    10 Thou shalt not covet - I want my homie's car...and my potna's fine assed girlfriend...
    Sorry Willie, but that's inaccurate. There were actually around 15 or 17 original Mosaic commandments, & we'd probably have them all listed if those ignorant jerks of antiquity had more than 5 fingers on each hand, but a lot of this stuff got lost in the shuffle.

#2 was probably one of the original commandments, but it was found in a moving box up in Mohammad's attic or some such & added to the Qur'an. Then along come the Protestant idolatrous 'Johnny-come-latelys', who slipped it in to try & convince the world that Papist followers of the true church prayed to statues. Then they covered it up by combining the 2 commandments against covetousness. The prohibition against graven images was never part of the Catholic version. It was confusing to the serfs of laity. How do you do the Stations of the Cross without the pictorial evidence that Jesus was a white guy?

Catholics also understood that there's a difference between "jonesing" for your neighbor's wife & his other things. They left that split between #9 & #10, respectively. It's easier on the priest if he can get you to give all your stuff voluntarily, & he's not after your wife because he's too busy fucking your son the altar boy.

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

Professional Poster

Atheism is NOT a faith!!!

Member Rookie Poster Molly D'Vyne's Avatar

If I had to pick an option, I'd say I'm agnostic... I love science and am really into physics, but I wouldn't rule out the possibility of something bigger than us being out there. I generally don't think of a "God" in the traditional sense... but possibly a programmer of sorts that coded the seeds of life and let it go. Having friends that are pagan and/or wiccan also has opened my mind a bit... many of them seem to be more "in tune" with the world than most people I know.

Recent research leading to the possibility that we live in a "simulated universe" also is interesting and something that I think about a lot. Spirituality or "faith" for me is something that is constantly evolving.

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Willie Escalade View Post
    From Kindergarden until 12th grade, yes. Still wound up breaking every commandment except honoring my parents.
    Jesus dude. We're more alike than different. By the time I got to 10th Grade I waved a Satanic Bible around whenever the nuns walked outside to yell at kids talking in the hallway. After lunch by 5th period we Metalheads would shed most of our uniforms with other symbols on us being seen now.

Were you hit by a ruler or just smile at the same three that were always hit? I was a grinning fool but plenty guilty nevertheless.

Quote Originally Posted by mrtrebus View Post
    Atheism is NOT a faith!!!
    You'll see when the un-God comes to strike you down.

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

Senior Member Silver Poster

My faith its God ,i dont know if is he or she ,but everything you mentioned there it doesnt suits me thanks for fuck that ..Your faith could be you ,did somene ever thought about that?

Quote Originally Posted by tsadriana View Post
    My faith its God ,i dont know if is he or she ,but everything you mentioned there it doesnt suits me thanks for fuck that ..Your faith could be you ,did somene ever thought about that?
    Even less Catholics in Italy now. Good you're free of that too. That's your blessing.

Senior Member Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Velvet View Post
    Even less Catholics in Italy now. Good you're free of that too. That's your blessing.
    This so called faith invented by people ...why will i belleve in those faith?im not botherd .
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by tsadriana View Post
    This so called faith invented by people ...why will i belleve in those faith?im not botherd .
    lol
    Invented by people is absolutely right. They make the rules. They also break them. And they lie when they break them. If you smoke them out you're excommunicated. Fuck their sanctuary of pedophiles. What Catholic in his or her right mind would donate money he knows goes to a scumbag lawyer who's more than happy to stand up for filth in court?