Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I've done my service Platinum Poster Willie Escalade's Avatar

Default "'It kills me' to not be President..."

Figures his first interview since the loss - oops, I mean ass kicking - would be with Fox News.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/romney-to...l-campaigning/
    --------------------
    Former Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney opened up to Fox News Sunday‘s Chris Wallace about his presidential campaign, what it’s like to lose, where he he sees himself in the GOP and just how badly he still wants to be president. Romney told Wallace that “it kills” to not be in the White House and managing the country.

Wallace asked Romney about where he sees himself in national politics and the Republican Party prompting Romney to admit that he is no longer its leader but that he will still seek to influence the dialogue.

“I want to have influence on getting our party to a position where we can be successful in solving the problems the country has,” Romney said.

Romney said that he understands that as the guy that lost the election he can no longer boss people around because he no longer has that mantle but he still cares deeply about America, sounding very much like a presidential candidate on the stump and is slated to speak at the largest annual gathering of conservatives.

“I still care and I still believe there are principles that we need to stand for. I look at what is happening right now. I wish I were there. It kills me not to be there. Not to be in the White House, doing what needs to be done. The president is the leader of the nation, he brings people together and does the deals, does the trades, knocks the heads together and the president leads and, I don’t see that kind of leadership happening right now,” he said.

Romney proceeded to sound like a presidential candidate knocking President Obama for his handling of the sequester crisis and “campaigning.”

“He’s campaigning, he’s the only one that can say to his own party, ‘Look, you guys, I need you on this’ and get some Republicans aside and say, pull them off one by one. We don’t have to have these gridlocks one after the other on issue after issue and it will take real leadership and people in both parties, will need to put aside political victories and start fighting for national victories,” said Romney.
    --------------------
    Spoken like a true sore loser who can't accept defeat.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	44.1 KB 
ID:	560738  

2 out of 3 members liked this post.
    Last edited by Willie Escalade; 03-04-2013 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Added a picture of the sore loser. To his supporters: deal with it, assholes!
    William Escalade is no more. He's done his service to the site.

Default Re: "'It kills me' to not be President..."

Ii wasn't a loss. It was just a non-win. Or maybe that's an un-win. Either way, he just forgot to say "mother may I", & he's getting ready for a redo. Or is that a re-re...do? I can see the slogans now. "Mitt's the shit!", or maybe "If you can muster any, third time's a charm.".

The world infamous political economist Cow Dung Flung will keynote both conventions in 2016, but who cares? If there's any kind of higher power, I'll be barhopping in Rio that whole summer.

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Just off the top of my head, Hippifried, the only come-back I can think of at that level of American politics is Richard Nixon....hmm...think I'll join you in Rio...

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    Just off the top of my head, Hippifried, the only come-back I can think of at that level of American politics is Richard Nixon....hmm...think I'll join you in Rio...
    Nixon was the last person to do it; however, he wasn't the only person to win the presidency after a lost.

James Monroe
    John Quincy Adams
    Andrew Jackson
    William Henry Harrison
    Grover Cleveland

Senior Member Platinum Poster

So, notdrunk, you coming to Rio too??? The drinks are on Hippifried...(Thanks for the list, I would not have known otherwise).

Senior Member Junior Poster

He only has himself to blame.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

I've done my service Platinum Poster Willie Escalade's Avatar

Romney must have given me that thumbs down...or one of his now silent minions lol

William Escalade is no more. He's done his service to the site.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tragicomedy View Post
    He only has himself to blame.
    And, of course, all the takers.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    So, notdrunk, you coming to Rio too??? The drinks are on Hippifried...(Thanks for the list, I would not have known otherwise).
    Mitt isn't going to win. Bush 2 earned 44% of the Hispanic vote in 2004 to help him win the election. Romney? He earned 27% of the Hispanic vote in 2012. Obama won because Romney couldn't siphon some of the minority vote from him.

Senior Member Veteran Poster

Frankly I don't know if any Republican can win a national election right now because in order to win the nomination during the primary process they have to feed their base on all their "red meat" issues and non-whites, people under 30, women and the LGBT community all find the "red meat" issues to be "rancid meat" policy.

Sadly for the Republicans they don't get it, most blame the loss on a bad candidate or bad media but the election IMHO was a rejection of bad ideas. In spite of gerrymandering they lost seats in the House and in spite of having the Senate seats up for grabs looking to be to their advantage actually lost ground in Senate.

America is not going to get any more old white male as time goes on and 2012 was their last, best shot to run on many of their policy positions and win. They were running against and incumbent with unemployment around 8% and income inequity at an alarming rate and they just got their asses kicked.

It wasn't just Mitt, in fact if Romney was able to run as moderate Mitt through the primaries and the general election he may have beaten Obama. It certainly wouldn't have been an electoral college drubbing.

But the Republicans prefer to live in their bubble.